ALL >> Legal >> View Article
How Technology Is Transforming The Modern Law Firm
Total Articles: 8
Increasingly, clients expect law firms to use technology to lower costs and improve efficiencies. Client demands for around the clock access to information related to their legal matters have prompted law firms to use technology more strategically and aggressively to provide interactive client portals and applications that support risk management and workflow.
Mainstream websites such as Google, and social media sites such as Facebook, have influenced expectations about the availability of and access to information. Consequently, law firms are looking for ways to exploit the internet for business, from collaboration tools to client communication, self-service options and other modes of delivery of legal services and products.
Growth of E-Discovery and LPO
E-Discovery remains both a growth area and a challenge for law firms and their corporate clients. The volume of electronic data generated each day in the business world is growing exponentially and presents a significant challenge for law firms and their clients. Further complicating the issue of e-discovery are the risks associated with the dissemination of information over social and wireless networks and with storing data on cloud-based platforms. A rising number of corporations and law firms are partnering with third-party e-discovery providers who handle document review and project management. Law firms and legal departments alike are searching for ways to organize, store, and retrieve huge volumes of data. This has led to a widespread acceptance of Legal Process Outsourcing (LPO), which offers the most advanced technology and security bundled with skilled staff to manage e-discovery.
Learn How Legal Software Is Helping Law Firm Innovation
Today, many law firms have embraced the value of technological innovation and realize the need to invest in new technologies that can help a firm work more efficiently, effectively, and accurately. As a result, law firms are evaluating their IT infrastructure and options – such as cloud-based processes, and legal software applications and LPO models– to leverage technology to its fullest potential.
On 22 April 2013, GOAL hosted a webinar on the “Role of Legal Software to Innovate IT Solutions for Your Law Firm," which addressed the changing role of legal software and IT in the legal sector. The presenters from Cisco, Guidance Software and Sutherland Global Services, discussed the benefits and challenges related to legal software and IT innovations. If you are a law firm partner, in-house counsel, solo practitioner based in US, UK and other market, or an LPO provider, you can hear what these tech experts have to say by purchasing the recorded version. Write at email@example.com.
Legal Articles1. 5 Tips For Protecting Yourself After A Slip And Fall Injury In Phoenix, Az
2. What Losses Are Recoverable After A Car Accident In Phoenix?
3. Bad Driving Habits That Can Be Fatal
Author: Christopher A. Richard
4. New Rules Affecting Massachusettsworkers’ Compensation Law
Author: Conston Taylor
5. How Do Immigration Lawyers Help?
Author: Hudson Mckenzie
6. No Additional Burden On Home-buyers Under Gst, Landlords Stay Exempt - Best Time To Buy Property
Author: The Hemisphere
7. Quick Guide For Selecting The Best Personal Injury Attorney For A Slip And Fall Case
Author: Ladas Law
8. Get Aware Of The Right Family Lawyer In Fort Worth
Author: J Kevin Clark
9. Ten Kinds Of Car Accident Injuries That Require You To Hire An Expert Dallas Accident Lawyer
Author: Nick Feizy
10. Boston Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You Win The Case
Author: Powers Caccavale
11. Top 3 Reasons A Business In London Needs A Commercial Law Firm More Than Ever.
Author: Hudson Mckenzie
12. Who Can File A Wrongful Death Claim In Arizona?
13. When To Seek An Accident Attorney In Comparative Negligence Cases
14. Bail Process: Questions To Ask A Bail Bondsman
Author: Emily Stone
15. Cycle Accident: How To Ask For Compensation
Author: Chris Thayer