ALL » Legal >> View Article
How Technology Is Transforming The Modern Law FirmBy Expert Author: Mark Andrews
Increasingly, clients expect law firms to use technology to lower costs and improve efficiencies. Client demands for around the clock access to information related to their legal matters have prompted law firms to use technology more strategically and aggressively to provide interactive client portals and applications that support risk management and workflow.
Mainstream websites such as Google, and social media sites such as Facebook, have influenced expectations about the availability of and access to information. Consequently, law firms are looking for ways to exploit the internet for business, from collaboration tools to client communication, self-service options and other modes of delivery of legal services and products.
Growth of E-Discovery and LPO
E-Discovery remains both a growth area and a challenge for law firms and their corporate clients. The volume of electronic data generated each day in the business world is growing exponentially and presents a significant challenge for law firms and their clients. Further complicating the issue of e-discovery are the risks associated with the dissemination of information over social and wireless networks and with storing data on cloud-based platforms. A rising number of corporations and law firms are partnering with third-party e-discovery providers who handle document review and project management. Law firms and legal departments alike are searching for ways to organize, store, and retrieve huge volumes of data. This has led to a widespread acceptance of Legal Process Outsourcing (LPO), which offers the most advanced technology and security bundled with skilled staff to manage e-discovery.
Learn How Legal Software Is Helping Law Firm Innovation
Today, many law firms have embraced the value of technological innovation and realize the need to invest in new technologies that can help a firm work more efficiently, effectively, and accurately. As a result, law firms are evaluating their IT infrastructure and options – such as cloud-based processes, and legal software applications and LPO models– to leverage technology to its fullest potential.
On 22 April 2013, GOAL hosted a webinar on the “Role of Legal Software to Innovate IT Solutions for Your Law Firm," which addressed the changing role of legal software and IT in the legal sector. The presenters from Cisco, Guidance Software and Sutherland Global Services, discussed the benefits and challenges related to legal software and IT innovations. If you are a law firm partner, in-house counsel, solo practitioner based in US, UK and other market, or an LPO provider, you can hear what these tech experts have to say by purchasing the recorded version. Write at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Legal Articles1. Finish Your Property Related Work Fast With The Estate Lawyer Vancouver Services
Author: John Petter
2. Hiring An Attorney Lessens The Severe Penalties
Author: MICHAEL GREENBERG
3. Top Risks Associated With Ivc Filter Injury And How To Find Perfect Legal Help In Ft. Worth
Author: Nick Feizy
4. Aquel Alquiler Coche Alicante Se Agrupa Un Desperdiciamiento Topológico
Author: Katherina Soto
5. The Lemon Law
Author: Howard Gutman
6. Cuanto Alquiler De Coche En Alicante Zahoria Este Libertarismo Gesticulador
Author: Faith Real
7. Seat Belt Injury Law Firm – The Safety Purpose Of Seat Belts
8. El Alquiler Coches Aeropuerto Alicante Desenlabona Ese Telonero Arbitrador Excepto Un Mecato Sangui
Author: Latia Gaunt
9. Best Interests Of The Child: What Guides Judges’ Decision-making
10. Forensic Document & Handwriting Examiner | James A. Green
Author: James A. Green
11. 7 Must Take Steps After Encountering A Catastrophic Auto Accident In Texas
12. Things To Know About Filing Personal Injury Claims
13. What Steps You Must Follow To File A Medical Negligence Claim
Author: Charlie Alcott
14. Is There Difficulty In Finding Answers To Your Carpet Cleaning?
Author: Helen Raley
15. The Houston Criminal Defense Attorneys Are Experts In Dealing With All Types Of Criminal Cases