ALL >> Legal >> View Article
How Technology Is Transforming The Modern Law Firm
Total Articles: 8
Increasingly, clients expect law firms to use technology to lower costs and improve efficiencies. Client demands for around the clock access to information related to their legal matters have prompted law firms to use technology more strategically and aggressively to provide interactive client portals and applications that support risk management and workflow.
Mainstream websites such as Google, and social media sites such as Facebook, have influenced expectations about the availability of and access to information. Consequently, law firms are looking for ways to exploit the internet for business, from collaboration tools to client communication, self-service options and other modes of delivery of legal services and products.
Growth of E-Discovery and LPO
E-Discovery remains both a growth area and a challenge for law firms and their corporate clients. The volume of electronic data generated each day in the business world is growing exponentially and presents a significant challenge for law firms and their clients. Further complicating the issue of e-discovery are the risks associated with the dissemination of information over social and wireless networks and with storing data on cloud-based platforms. A rising number of corporations and law firms are partnering with third-party e-discovery providers who handle document review and project management. Law firms and legal departments alike are searching for ways to organize, store, and retrieve huge volumes of data. This has led to a widespread acceptance of Legal Process Outsourcing (LPO), which offers the most advanced technology and security bundled with skilled staff to manage e-discovery.
Learn How Legal Software Is Helping Law Firm Innovation
Today, many law firms have embraced the value of technological innovation and realize the need to invest in new technologies that can help a firm work more efficiently, effectively, and accurately. As a result, law firms are evaluating their IT infrastructure and options – such as cloud-based processes, and legal software applications and LPO models– to leverage technology to its fullest potential.
On 22 April 2013, GOAL hosted a webinar on the “Role of Legal Software to Innovate IT Solutions for Your Law Firm," which addressed the changing role of legal software and IT in the legal sector. The presenters from Cisco, Guidance Software and Sutherland Global Services, discussed the benefits and challenges related to legal software and IT innovations. If you are a law firm partner, in-house counsel, solo practitioner based in US, UK and other market, or an LPO provider, you can hear what these tech experts have to say by purchasing the recorded version. Write at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Legal Articles1. Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Lawyers In Md- Protecting Debitor And Creditor Instantaneously
2. Search Law Firms, Top Advocates, Lawyers
Author: Advacto legal Solutions
3. The Houston Criminal Defense Attorneys Can Help You From The Legal Charges
4. The Experience Of Working With A Work Injury Lawyer In Pennsylvania
Author: Ryan Harvey
5. What Can Springfield Missouri Family Lawyers In Greene County Do For You?
Author: Kirk C. Stange, Esq.
6. Denton Child Custody Attorney: A Perfect And Healthy Solution
Author: Mark N John
7. 15 Common Myths About Child Custody
Author: V. Wayne Ward
8. Getting Out Of Trouble: Ultimate Guide To Bail Bonds
Author: Emily Stone
9. Five Tips By Springfield Missouri Child Custody Attorneys In Greene County To Help Get You To A Posi
Author: Kirk C. Stange
10. Getting Out Of Trouble: An Ultimate Guide To Bail Bonds
Author: Emily Stone
11. Important Considerations Before Hiring A Family Law Divorce Attorney
12. Five Injuries That Triggers You To Hire A Personal Injury Law Firm In Dallas For The Compensation Cl
Author: Nick Feizy
13. Expert Felony Case Lawyer & Local Divorce Attorney
14. Should You Get An Attorney For A Car Accident That Wasn't Your Fault?
15. 10 Quick Tips On How To Find A Divorce Lawyer
Author: V. Wayne Ward