ALL >> Sports >> View Article
Motogp Motorcycle Racing
Total Articles: 1
MotoGP is the premier motorcycle racing Championship.
The 2014 MotoGP calendar has an 18 race season spanning four continents, 14 countries with international television coverage and following.
8 nationalities of the world's most skilled motorbike riders line the grid, armed with cutting-edge motorcycle technology and prototype engineering, fielded by three manufacturers; Yamaha, Honda and Ducati.
Wayne Rainey is one of the most exciting racers to have graced the sport, which is celebrated for its incredible speed and supreme racing that pits machine and man against each other.
The Mugello, Italy race track provides some of the greatest racing of the whole MotoGP calendar, with its flowing turns and expansive straights.
The motorcycles are built for pure speed and handling ability, reaching speeds of more than 220mph/ 350kph.
The amount of rubber from the tyre touching the track surface at any time is approximately the size of a credit card, even when the motorcycle is going round the corner with his elbow and knee grazing the tarmac.
MotoGP is divided into three classes: MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3. At the moment all three classes use four-stroke engines with MotoGP using a 1000cc engine, Moto2 uses a 600cc motor and Moto3 a 250cc engine.
The history of MotoGP dates back to 1949, which also used to feature sidecar racing as part of the MotoGP racing season.
MotoGP has been struck by many tragedies over the years. The death of Gilberto Parlotti raised serious safety concerns and forced the governing body to introduce changes. More recently the death of Marco Simincelli who many fans had tipped for future success.
The technical skills bravery of a MotoGP rider are unequaled, with only a leather suit and crash helmet for protection from the hard track.
The emersion of Marc Marquez and the revitalised Valentino Rossi will ensure the 2014 MotoGP calendar will be as exciting as ever.
Should you need more info be sure to look at our web page by clicking this great link - view site....
Sports Articles1. Excellent Birthday Presents For Boys
Author: Henrietta Miah
2. Men's Fashion Designer Clothes And Jack Jones Collection
Author: Gladis Dedman
3. Marriage Areas: Ensure That It It Is Easy
Author: Mike Gallard
4. Make Your Players Acquire An Impressive Look With A Custom Baseball Uniform
Author: Custom Baseball Uniforms
5. Easy & Safe Way To Buy Cricket Equipment Online
6. Enjoy A Soothing Corporate Golf Holiday In Thailand
Author: Hanah Chen
7. 5 Benefits Of Streaming Cricket Hd Live Online!
Author: Andre Ron
8. Build Muscle And Shed Weight
Author: Billy Barnard
9. Strategies For Household Physical Fitness
Author: Alfonzo Reagan
10. Some Tips For You To Do A Complimentary Online People Search
Author: Nicholas Witt
11. Five Approaches To Discover Your Fitness
Author: Klara Estes
12. Hair Thinning And 3 Old-fashioned Types Of Treatment
Author: Maryanne Kerrigan
13. What Are The Best Scuba Diving Locations In Us Virgin Islands?
Author: Christy Berry
14. Build Up Muscle And Lose Some Weight
Author: Vera Bragg
15. Activities Medication Top Strategies For Efficient Workout
Author: Verla Speer