ALL Ľ Sports >> View Article
Motogp Motorcycle RacingBy Expert Author: Guy Jemmings
MotoGP is the premier motorcycle racing Championship.
The 2014 MotoGP calendar has an 18 race season spanning four continents, 14 countries with international television coverage and following.
8 nationalities of the world's most skilled motorbike riders line the grid, armed with cutting-edge motorcycle technology and prototype engineering, fielded by three manufacturers; Yamaha, Honda and Ducati.
Wayne Rainey is one of the most exciting racers to have graced the sport, which is celebrated for its incredible speed and supreme racing that pits machine and man against each other.
The Mugello, Italy race track provides some of the greatest racing of the whole MotoGP calendar, with its flowing turns and expansive straights.
The motorcycles are built for pure speed and handling ability, reaching speeds of more than 220mph/ 350kph.
The amount of rubber from the tyre touching the track surface at any time is approximately the size of a credit card, even when the motorcycle is going round the corner with his elbow and knee grazing the tarmac.
MotoGP is divided into three classes: MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3. At the moment all three classes use four-stroke engines with MotoGP using a 1000cc engine, Moto2 uses a 600cc motor and Moto3 a 250cc engine.
The history of MotoGP dates back to 1949, which also used to feature sidecar racing as part of the MotoGP racing season.
MotoGP has been struck by many tragedies over the years. The death of Gilberto Parlotti raised serious safety concerns and forced the governing body to introduce changes. More recently the death of Marco Simincelli who many fans had tipped for future success.
The technical skills bravery of a MotoGP rider are unequaled, with only a leather suit and crash helmet for protection from the hard track.
The emersion of Marc Marquez and the revitalised Valentino Rossi will ensure the 2014 MotoGP calendar will be as exciting as ever.
Should you need more info be sure to look at our web page by clicking this great link - view site....
Sports Articles1. Loafers For Women - Know How To Wear Them For The Best Effect
Author: Niklas Eriksson
2. Soccer Jerseys: Are You Choosing The Right One?
Author: Ahmed Minhas
3. Explore The Best Scuba Diving Sites In The Us Virgin Islands
Author: Christy Berry
4. Amazing Health Benefits Of Dragon Boating
Author: anil kumar
5. Bowling Jerseys - Bowlifi
Author: Matt Doyle
6. Cuando Alquiler Coches Baratos Alicante Macolla Este Sotayuda Alveolado
Author: Sonja Herring
7. If These 10 Reasons Donít Make You Want To Buy An Inflatable Paddleboard, Nothing Will
Author: Hamish Hiles
8. Buying Guide: Get The Best Bicycle Pump From Online Store
Author: Michael James
9. Customized Cricket Uniforms: The Best Outfit For Your Winning Combination
Author: Formative Sports
10. How Fabric Plays A Crucial Role In The Designing Of The Basketball Uniforms
Author: Formative Sports
11. How Video Publishers Should Adopt Mobile Strategy
12. Dragon Boating Tips For Beginners
Author: Glowriya Walker
13. Guide To Fun And Affordable Road Trips
Author: RUSTY REX RALLIES
14. Soccer Betting Why Many Progressive Betting System Fail
15. Self Defense And Martial Arts - Tips For Choosing The Right Self-defense Instructor
Author: Mark Jamon