ALL >> Business >> View Article
Malcolm Sharpe Where The Capital Cost Of A Construction Project Goes
Total Articles: 6
The argument that money makes the world go round may seem an overstatement, but it is nonetheless true in the construction industry. Without money, a draft of a dream building can hardly materialize. In fact, if there’s no money to pay a draftsman or an architect to conceptualise the structure, there won’t even be a draft to begin with. Funding is, therefore, a top priority in planning a construction project, and its value has to be based on a set of well-defined cost estimates.
The owner can decide between hiring a contractor or a team headed by an experienced professional like construction management expert Malcolm Sharpe. The latter option, however, is more efficient as it eliminates the need for the owner to form a team of construction professionals. This part of the process alone may already incur a substantial cost. Even the search for project planners and managers may prove costly.
After finding a construction management firm, planning can take place at the same time as land acquisition and drafting to maximise time. The planning stage can be downright costly, especially when a series of feasibility studies have to be run to ensure that the construction project is a worthwhile investment.
With the draft and the land ready, construction can commence. This is where the largest chunk of the fund goes, particularly when the cost of materials and labor are taken into account. The cost of labor based on workers’ expertise and skills must be factored into the overall cost. Construction management experts like developer Malcolm Sharpe can lay down an accurate cost estimate for this purpose.
Insurance and taxes can be of particular concern once construction is underway, although these factors should already be considered in the estimate. The investor/company owner has to make sure that the insurance is sufficient to cover unwanted expenses such as hospitalization for injured workers. It is also crucial not to get behind the tax declaration and payment schedules to avoid getting scrutinized by the authorities.
Contractors and design professionals use the data from the cost estimate to make sound budgetary and feasibility determinations. The owner can also refer to this data when sourcing funds. To find out more about the different aspects included in the capital cost of a construction project, visit pmbook.ce.cmu.edu/05_Cost_Estimation.html.
Business Articles1. One Of The Best Kitchen Equipment Manufacturers
Author: Paul Wright
2. Advantages Of Getting Listed In Online Construction Directory
Author: John Smith
3. How Radiologist Email Lists From Healthcare Mailing Change Your Business Perception?
Author: Richard Braxon
4. Choose Yourself As A Yoga Teacher With The Help Of Adinath Ashram
Author: Jack Stevens
5. Best Service Provider For Life Time Events In Pune
Author: biz porto
6. Crimping Your Own Earrings
Author: Nitesh Pathak
7. An Overview Of Surface And Chemical Analysis
Author: Tan Sean
8. Prorack Roof-racks Install With Smart-foot Technology
Author: Tony Bulic
9. Siib: The Changing Face Of Business Education In India
Author: Mohan Kumar
10. Things To Know About Coworking Spaces
11. Things To Consider Before Opting For A Mailbox Rental
12. Different Types Of Advertisement Print Products
13. Advantages Of Hiring Professionals For Printing
14. Data Cabling Through Wire Mesh Cable Tray
Author: Noah Gabriel
15. Pretreatment And Grit Removal From Sewage Water To Repurpose It
Author: Manoj Shukla