ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Solid Wood – Is It The Best Choice For Today’s Traditional Kitchens?
Total Articles: 72
The traditional wooden kitchen style is a blend of designs from the eighteenth- and nineteenth-century that has a formal and elegant look. Timeless is the catchphrase for traditional kitchen designs. Relying on intricate details, balance and symmetry, traditional kitchen designs prove to give off a warm, welcoming and cozy feeling.
This design has been refined over time, maximizing each space without the expense of its aesthetics. It has been a place where people gather to cook, talk, relax and eat. Some kitchens, like Illya traditional wooden kitchens and Schmidt Kitchens are highly customizable to your taste and satisfaction.
The wood countertops will lend your traditional wooden kitchen that natural warm feeling, you have always longed for. The wide variety of wood species translates into a similarly wide variety of colors and shades, allowing you to find the perfect match for your kitchen and home, provided by Illya traditional wooden kitchens or Schmidt Kitchens.
Despite its hardness, the wood surface does not dull the knife-edges; and because it represents a natural material, with a minimum of chemical and synthetic components, it is extremely safe in contact with foods.
Your countertop would last a lifetime and as it ages, the wood will get a more attractive look. The European beech, the black locust, the oak and the maple are counted among the most durable wood species available that can be employed for this function.
4. Easy maintenance.
The mineral oil or Tung oil are recommended as finishing and offers a fairly good overall protection. Most of the stains that might occur can be removed by using a moist cloth, while the persisting stains, scratches and scars will be easily removed by sanding the area where they occur.
Scientific studies proved that the wood surfaces are much less prone to bacterial colonization than plastic, laminate or stainless steel surfaces. Conversely, the wood surfaces killed the bacteria within 3 minutes, without any external intervention. These bactericide properties make the wood tops as the first choice of a health-conscious person.
Not only the wood countertop does allow a wide variety of options regarding the edge profiles, but it also matches the most integrated kitchen solutions, provided by Illya traditional wooden kitchens. Hardwood surfaces can be used as an island top, as a section of countertop, as an inserted kitchen sink cover or as a butcher block hidden under the countertop that can be pulled like a drawer. Your imagination will surely find plenty of other interesting, visually attractive applications.
Steve Mathews works as a production designer for a chain of leading furniture design companies. Steve is an ardent Traditional wooden kitchen designer and loves spending most of his time working on creative projects and pursuing his passion. He recently launched a new collection of designer kitchens for a highly esteemed firm.
Home and Garden Articles1. Get A Window Mesh To Keep The Insects Away
2. 6 Advantages Of Cleaners In Canberra
Author: Tom Velko
3. Get Quality Solutions On Waterproofing And Maintain Your Property
Author: Jordan Curr
4. Types Of Fencing Put Up By The Homeowners In The Present Time And Its Worth
Author: Michael Gilmore
5. Reasons Why You Should Use Advanced Mowing & Maintenance's Expert Lawn Care Service
Author: Rodney Back
6. Things To Consider While Developing A New Garage In Your Home
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
7. What To Keep In Mind While Planning Your Home Design
Author: Adam Leworthy
8. Why To Choose Memory Foam Mattress?
Author: Shamia Akram
9. Relying On A Pool Compliance Service Provider Is Essential To Make Your Pool Safe
Author: David Donvito
10. Benefits Of Having A Pest Control East Bay Ca Done!
Author: Todd Purvis
11. Ideas On How You Can Create Privacy For Your Home
Author: Chloe Kellaway
12. How To Keep Your Roof Ceiling And Soffit In Good Condition For Years
Author: Brayden Haritos
13. Kitchen Waste To Compost Conversion In 4 Hours
Author: Anu kapoor
14. Cool Tips On Keeping Your Scaffolding Strong & Durable For Years
Author: Suzane Bogdana
15. Situations When Regular Rug Cleaning Becomes Essential
Author: Alyssa Ramsden