ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Important And Timeless Kitchen Elements In Shaker Kitchen
Total Articles: 72
Shaker kitchen are subtle and understatedly stylish. That puts this in direct contrast to traditional society’s kitchen style. This style melds basic principles with great stylish looks. This minimalistic kind of kitchen is popular for its simplicity, quality, functionality and innovative looks.
The Shaker Kitchen Door
The shaker door is recessed within a frame, creating clean straight lines that radiate the designer Shaker Kitchen
The History of Shaker Kitchens
The Shaker dates all the way back to the 1700's. Shakers were part of an odd religious sect that broke away from the Quakers in the 1700's. The sect leaders were woman who had an eye for design and function in the home and started redeveloping and designing how everything in the home worked. With the heart of every home been the kitchen, they put their unique stamp on the designing of the heart. Two key areas when the shakers redesigned the kitchen are quality and functionality.
How has the shaker kitchen design evolved?
It has survived from this era to help kitchen designers of our day get inspiration and bring that same quality and functionality into our homes. While originally designer shaker kitchen would have been maple or cherry, modern times and people's needs have of course changed over 300 years. Some modern interpretations of the shaker exist such as a Tongue and groove shaker
Accessorizing a Designer Shaker Kitchen
Shaker kitchens were organized, functional and clutter free, this meant if it wasn't in use it was put away, everything had a place and everything was put in its place. Modern times and modern appliances make it more difficult to follow this ideal. If you pick a style go with it. Square and straight edges work really well with shakers due to the nature of the straight lines inherently built into the kitchen doors. It's nice to contrast so a few subtle accessories that break the straight lines and give interest to your kitchen can work. A simple curved vase with flowers works, or why not since you probably have your kettle on show purchase a more interesting design.
Kitchen Color schemes
You can be as soft and as bold as you want here. The color doesn't add or subtract from the core ideals of Shaker kitchen design, function and quality. It ca range from bare brick to bright red and all work equally well. So let your ideas run wild with the color scheme.
Patterns may not work so well here, you can have your subtle design patterns in your door. Don't ruin it by covering the walls with curly extravagant patterns. If you must have patterns bring them in with little items. i.e patterned tea, coffee, and sugar jars.
About the Author:
Steve Mathews works as a production designer for a chain of leading furniture design companies. Steve is an ardent Shaker kitchen designer and loves spending most of his time working on creative projects and pursuing his passion. He recently launched a new collection of designer kitchens for a highly esteemed firm.
Home and Garden Articles1. How To Rid Your Front Loading Washing Machine Of Mold
Author: Daniel Royale
2. Affordable And Reliable Plumbing Services In California
Author: Jack Ronald
3. Avoiding Glass Balustrade Breakages- Tips By Glass Balustrading Sydney
Author: John Carlos
4. Contact Bond Cleaning Perth For Professional Cleaning Services
5. Little Tricks To Achieve The Best Results In Domestic Cleaning Services
Author: Louis Gibbs
6. End Of Lease Cleaners Melbourne Guarantee Full Bond Amount Return For The Tenants
7. Reasons Why You Should Rely On New Home Builders Of Port Lincoln
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
8. Importance Of Plumbing Services For A Hassle Free Living
Author: Kelly M. Russum
9. How To Maintain Kitchen Mixer?
Author: Andrew Howard
10. Finding Unique Storage Thoughts For Your Kitchen Cabinets
Author: Robert J. Lewis
11. Design Ideas For Aging In place
Author: Mary Morris
12. Use Lb-3000 Compact Bowl Scale To Measure The Weight With Utmost Precision
Author: Nug Brand
13. Benefits Of Hiring Professional Painting Contractors For Exterior Painting
Author: Anu Radha
14. Walk-in Bathtubs: A Great Safe & Accessible Solution
15. 4 Regular House Maintenance Tips From Expert
Author: Nicholas Kashiwagi