ALL » Business >> View Article
When A Roofing Estimate Does Not Match The Final BillBy Expert Author: Mark L’Heureux
No one likes to discover that the roof needs some repairs. And roof repairs, like most other repairs seem to hit homeowners all at the wrong times for our budgets. Especially in the Phoenix area, when those large, sometimes damaging, swiftly moving storms blow through the area, a roof that is already at risk becomes even more vulnerable to leaks, damage and other repair needs.
You may not realize but one of the best things you can do for your roof is to have it inspected regularly by a roofing contractor. It will not only help you keep it in shape for the storms, but also alert you to any problems that may devalue your biggest investment.
Once you get an estimate from the roofer, there are a number of reasons an initial project estimate could change. It is possible the roofing contractor did not realize the extent of the damage under the singles. It is also possible that you have requested a change somewhere along the line. It could even be that you noticed an error on the initial estimate. No matter what the cause, though, the roofing estimate should have included a clause that suggested how a change order might be processed.
What’s a Change Order?
A Change Order is exactly how roofing contractors deal with the situation when it did not quite match up to their expectations. In some cases, it may have a minimal impact on the cost. For example, imagine your initial estimate was based on your selection of metal roofing materials, but now you have decided to go with a different choice that is cost comparable, but has a slightly different look to it.
A Change Order will usually be put into effect just to protect both you and the contractor as the job moves forward. In other cases, though, it can have a huge impact on the price. If, for example, the entire sheeting under your shingles must be replaced unexpectedly, it could skyrocket your job costs.
What Do I Do Now?
If the Change Order has you concerned, you do have a few places to turn. First, remember that you do not have to move forward with the project at that point. Even if part of the project is complete, the two of you could easily still go separate ways. You could find another contractor. If, though, that seems unreasonable, there is likely room for negotiation. Talk to your contractor about the problem. If it is the overall new cost as a result of a problem he found during the tear off, you may even be able to discuss financing options.
Estimates are great, but they are not fool-proof. Before you ever hire a residential roofing contractor, make certain you know more about what the estimate includes and how a change order might be processed.
Article Source: DMS Roofing
Business Articles1. Asphalt Driveway Repairs In Long Island – How To Go For It?
Author: Joshua Young
2. Why Social Videos Matters For Video Ad Networks
3. Meet The New York Fashionable Clothes Design Partner
4. High Quality Fashion Merchandising Site In New York.
5. Top Notch Designing Services In New York
6. Meet The Fashion Designing Experts Of New York
7. The Most Reliable Custom Embroidery Partner In Ny
8. Quality Automobile Locksmith Service Is All You Need
9. Keep Your Family And Business Safe With Lock Smith
10. Emergency Locksmith Services Are Readily Available
11. Discover Guaranteed Locksmith Services Today
12. Do Away With Crime For Good Effortlessly
13. It’s True! Global Payroll Outsourcing Has Become Important
Author: Sandra Lee
14. Top 7 Factors To Consider While Choosing Amongst The Best Contemporary And Business Hotels In Delhi
Author: Satya Svelte
15. Translate For A New Atlas
Author: Shreya Gupta