ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Autumn Adventure In Your Offroad 5th Wheeler To Flinders Ranges
Total Articles: 3
Travelling to Flinders Ranges in the Winjana Ormiston 630 Offroad will open your eyes to a spectacular outback landscape that you won't experience anywhere else. The best time to visit in your 5th wheeler is either late Autumn or early Spring when the weather is warm during the day and cooler at night.
If you're travelling from the north-east, the Birdsville Track or Strzelecki Track are both adventures in their own right (a 4WD vehicle and van are recommended for these tracks), with free camping available along the tracks.
The Flinders Ranges area offers plenty of adventures and spectacular sights. Here are a few ideas on worthwhile things to do and see while you are there:
Flinders Ranges National Park - Wilpena Pound
In the southern section of the Flinders Ranges lies Wilpena Pound. Here you will start your adventure at the Wilpena Pound Visitor Information Centre. Continue on through to the park to explore the stunning landscape, Aboriginal rock art sites, fossil heritage and ruins of early European settlement. For the best views of Wilpena Pound (an enormous ancient amphitheatre of sheer mountains in the heart of Flinders Ranges) stand on St Mary's Peak or take a scenic flight over the area. Local tour companies offer day tours of the region as well, including 4wd tours.
If you are a railway enthusiast you can stop at the town of Quorn on your way to Port Augusta. Rich in railway history, you can take the steam train from Quorn to Pichi Richi Park. Whilst in Pichi Richi Park, take a camel tour for a truly unique experience with great company.
Travelling further south is Port Augusta, the "crossroads" of Australia. While you are here, you will want to visit the Australian Arid Lands Botanic Garden and the Wadlata Outback Interpretive Centre. Around this area is Mount Remarkable, a popular bushwalking spot home to the rare yellow-footed rock wallaby and many native plants including the Sturt's desert pea.
Our next town, Coober Pedy is known as the Opal Capital of the world. Also renowned for it's underground living, the town offers unique and must-see experiences. You can explore an underground museum, underground shopping centre and a desert golf course. Take a tour of the mines and of course fossick for opals.
There are plenty of caravan parks in these local towns.
Winjana makes quality, small and affordable Australian-made 5th Wheelers for Australian adventures. See more of our adventures at www.winjana5thwheelers.com.au.
Travel Articles1. Logistical Reasons For A Wedding Shuttle Via Pittsburgh Charter Bus Rental
Author: Hire Charter Bus
2. Joint Celebration For The Bride And Groom In A Party Bus Rental Through Phoenix
Author: john wick
3. Are You Planning To India Nepal Tour Packages?
Author: Rakesh Kumar
4. Melt The Stress Away With Honeymoon Limo Service In Gaithersburg
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
5. Easy Transportation Designation For All Bachelor And Bachelorette Party Plans With Pittsburgh Limo S
Author: Daniel WILLIAMS
6. Celebrate Before Your Marry Via Party Bus Rental Dc
Author: john wick
7. Zimbabwe Travel Agency - Travel Cost Efficiently
8. Wonderful Manaslu Circuit And Tsum Valley Trekking In Nepal For 2018
Author: Landmark Discovery Treks
9. Tips To Plan A Perfect Honeymoon In Manali
Author: Solang Valley Resorts Manali
10. Take The Best Taxi Services During Winter Vacations – Om Travel
11. The Best Ways To Go Through The Northern Lights
Author: Ross Barkely
12. Hire Tullamarine Airport Transfers For A Comfortable And Safe Ride
13. Tour & Travel Company In India
Author: Services International
14. African Island Holiday Packages Can Be Customized To Meet Your Personal Preferences!
Author: Sandy Russell
15. How About Isla Espiritu Santo- A Tourist Must See
Author: Terry Neal