ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Top 7 Tips To Clean & Maintain Wool Rugs
Total Articles: 121
Rugs are known for the warmth, elegance and style, they add to a house. A huge variety of house rugs are available in the market, where each types comes with its own pros and cons. When it comes to quality, softness and durability wool rugs are among the most popular ones. Whether it is a child or an adult, their snuggly softness is loved and admired by every member of the house. Apart from being super soft, wool rugs are super-sensitive as well. A mere act of carelessness or forgetfulness leads to grime, stains and sticky chewing gum residue.
Without professional knowledge, cleaning and maintenance of wool rugs can be a pain in the rear. Today we will learn about few tips which will help you clean as fast as you snap!
Rotate your wool rug once in every 6 months. By giving 180 degrees rotation, you can keep all parts even. If one part comes under high foot trafficked area, move it other less trafficked area.
Dirt dwelling deep inside the wool rugs can make it filthy and soiled. To get rid of dirt within the rug, beat it several times on both sides. You can do it once in every month, so choose days when weather is clear. To cleaning more effective, hang the wool rug in a cloth shine and then beat several times.
Apart from dry cleaning, it is important that wool rugs are steam cleaned at least twice a year. Use water only and not any other detergents, they can leave soapy residue behind making it soiled. To conduct the job, you can either hire a professional or do cleaning by renting a steam cleaner.
Vacuum the rug once in every week, it will help remove dirt, make excess fuzz easy and avoid filth accumulation. Fuzz is made of wool, occur commonly in rugs and can result from loosened fibers. To make the best from vacuuming, increase beater bar height of your vacuum.
In case of any spots and stain, use dry carpet cleaning foam on your wool rugs. Spray the foam directly on affected area, smear it gently and avoiding scrubbing hard. Let it dry off and vacuum later on to remove excess dirt and foam.
Accidental spills can occur at any time, any place. Make sure you blot the spill immediately and use clean paper towels to do so. To avoid wool fibers from getting matted, avoid scrubbing the affected area at all costs. As soon as a spill occurs, dab the area with paper towels and let it absorb all the liquid. Repeat the same process, for two or three times. Then dab the area with clean, wet towel.
Finally, to avoid dirt on the first step sweep wool rugs by way of broom at least two times a week. It will halt dirt accumulation occurring due to foot trafficking. It will also enhance natural softness of rugs and to vacuum dirt completely, vacuum later.
Home and Garden Articles1. Decorate Your Events With Orchid Flowers
2. Fire Extinguisher Servicing - Guidance On Maintenance Fire Fighting Equipment
3. What Fire Extinguisher Serving May Do For You
4. Fireplace Extinguisher Maintenance Is A Necessary Fire Security Measure
5. Get The New Look Kitchen Cabinet The Easiest Way
Author: David Richard
6. Best Tips For Plant Maintenance In Philadelphia During Wintertime
Author: Michele Sokoloff
7. How To Protect Garden Plants This Summer?
Author: BK Vijay
8. Advantages Of Hiring A Gardener Services
Author: Georgina L Allen
9. Factors Influencing The Price Of An Air Conditioner
Author: Priya Sharma
10. 6 Simple Mower Maintenance Tips
Author: Michael Foley
11. 5 Realistic Tips To Identify The Best Moving And Storage Companies
Author: Michael Holden
12. How To Hire One Of The Best Moving Companies In New York
Author: Michael Holden
13. Using The Whip Cream Dispenser For The Food To Be Tastier With Versatility
Author: Kathy Richy
14. Common Carpet Cleaning Mistakes, You Want To Avoid To Extend The Lifespan Of Your Carpet
Author: Nick Koych
15. Permit You To Experience Again The Special Features Of A Floors Service Provider
Author: Partha Goswami