ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Top 7 Tips To Clean & Maintain Wool Rugs
Total Articles: 121
Rugs are known for the warmth, elegance and style, they add to a house. A huge variety of house rugs are available in the market, where each types comes with its own pros and cons. When it comes to quality, softness and durability wool rugs are among the most popular ones. Whether it is a child or an adult, their snuggly softness is loved and admired by every member of the house. Apart from being super soft, wool rugs are super-sensitive as well. A mere act of carelessness or forgetfulness leads to grime, stains and sticky chewing gum residue.
Without professional knowledge, cleaning and maintenance of wool rugs can be a pain in the rear. Today we will learn about few tips which will help you clean as fast as you snap!
Rotate your wool rug once in every 6 months. By giving 180 degrees rotation, you can keep all parts even. If one part comes under high foot trafficked area, move it other less trafficked area.
Dirt dwelling deep inside the wool rugs can make it filthy and soiled. To get rid of dirt within the rug, beat it several times on both sides. You can do it once in every month, so choose days when weather is clear. To cleaning more effective, hang the wool rug in a cloth shine and then beat several times.
Apart from dry cleaning, it is important that wool rugs are steam cleaned at least twice a year. Use water only and not any other detergents, they can leave soapy residue behind making it soiled. To conduct the job, you can either hire a professional or do cleaning by renting a steam cleaner.
Vacuum the rug once in every week, it will help remove dirt, make excess fuzz easy and avoid filth accumulation. Fuzz is made of wool, occur commonly in rugs and can result from loosened fibers. To make the best from vacuuming, increase beater bar height of your vacuum.
In case of any spots and stain, use dry carpet cleaning foam on your wool rugs. Spray the foam directly on affected area, smear it gently and avoiding scrubbing hard. Let it dry off and vacuum later on to remove excess dirt and foam.
Accidental spills can occur at any time, any place. Make sure you blot the spill immediately and use clean paper towels to do so. To avoid wool fibers from getting matted, avoid scrubbing the affected area at all costs. As soon as a spill occurs, dab the area with paper towels and let it absorb all the liquid. Repeat the same process, for two or three times. Then dab the area with clean, wet towel.
Finally, to avoid dirt on the first step sweep wool rugs by way of broom at least two times a week. It will halt dirt accumulation occurring due to foot trafficking. It will also enhance natural softness of rugs and to vacuum dirt completely, vacuum later.
Home and Garden Articles1. How To Choose The Best Window Blinds For Home Improvement
Author: Impress Blinds
2. Change Your Mattress With These Guidelines
3. How To Remove Old Wallpaper And Give A New Look To Your Home?
Author: Christine Delongte
4. Upgrade Your Bedroom Décor With Beautiful Handmade Decorative Items
5. How To Create The Ultimate Apartment
Author: Kevin Hawker
6. How To Find The Right Roofing Company And Roofing Contractor In Abbotsford?
Author: Kyrie Irving
7. 5 Benefits Of Routine Pool Maintenance
Author: Thomas Jackson
8. Expert En Remplacement De Thermos - Fenêtres Magiques
Author: Fenêtres Magiques
9. How To Choose The Best Deck Builder In Waterloo?
Author: James Kyle
10. Easy-to-follow End Of Tenancy Cleaning Tips
Author: Nick Koych
11. 5 Bohemian Style Wholesale Wall Decor Wholesale & Other Home Decor Products In Store That Can Inspir
Author: Martin Lobo
12. Enjoy The Several Benefits Of Steam Cleaning Your Rugs
Author: Nikolay Milchev
13. Checklist For Appointing The Best Roofing Contractor
Author: Kirt Linington
14. Important To Know These 10 Tips Before Buying A Cctv System For Your Home.
15. How To Have A Fast And Easy House Relocation To Bournemouth
Author: Stephanie Cooper