ALL >> Travel >> View Article
The Ultimate Darjeeling Travel Experience
Total Articles: 400
Darjeeling is a gorgeous little hill station in Western Bengal. Located near the borders of Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh and Tibet, this hill station has exquisite experiences lined up for the Indian traveller. So, here is what you can enjoy when you take up a Darjeeling vacation package:
This is lush, green hill station. The natural beauty of this hill station will never cease to surprise you. Take a leisurely walk in the Rock garden or check out the view from Ganga Maya Park. You can also head out to Kalimpong to enjoy a view of the lush green mountains from Durpin Dara hills or stroll though the local nurseries surrounded by exotic flowers. Saramsa Park and Surya Sen Park are also great travel spots in Kalimpong.
Kanchenjunga – the great Himalayan view:
Though, it is just another scenic view, it is so much more for many travellers. When you travel in India, this is the highest point that many travellers can get to enjoy the enthralling view of Kanchenjunga without trekking or climbing up the mountains. Sounds like it is perfect for lazy tourists, right? You will have to wake up at dawn, though, to enjoy the splash of the sun’s rays across the snowy peak of the Himalayas. Wherever you choose to see the peak from, the view is worth it for sure!
Go the extra mile when you are on a Darjeeling vacation package and you will find yourself in Siliguri or Kalimpong to explore the local wilderness and the amazing wildlife to found there. Mahananda Weir Wildlife Sanctuary in Siliguri and the Neora National Park in Kalimpong are thriving sources of forests and wild animals. You must also visit Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park in Darjeeling to see the breeding centre of Tibetan Wolves, Snow Leopards and Siberian Tigers.
Darjeeling, a quaint yet ancient hill station, has so much more in terms of sightseeing destinations and activities. It has been popular for a long time. But, there are new adventure sports and tourists spots evolving in and around the town as well. The quaint little toy train in the city, for example, is now a UNESCO world heritage icon! Yet, the evolution of Kalimpong and Siliguri as travel destination add many enriching experiences to Darjeeling’s kitty as it is the base camp for these experiences. Thus, the attractions continue to evolve and make you want to visit it again and again! You may not want to revisit the toy train but you can explore ancient sites like Thongsa Gompa and Jang Dong Palriffo Brang Monastery in Kalimpong and Salugara Monastery in Siliguri!
About the Author
Travel Articles1. Book Online Hotel In Costa Rica
Author: James Palin
2. Making The Case In Favor Of Atlanta Limousine Rental
Author: James Marshal
3. Best Tourist Places In India, Himachal Tourist Places, Best Tourist Places Of The World
Author: Vinod yadav
4. How Could A Charter Bus Rental In Orlando Be More Affordable For Prom
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Make Entire Visit Of Lake City Accessible With Appropriate Taxi Services
Author: Julie ranawat
6. How To Have A Safe And Pleasant Taxi Ride In Udaipur
Author: Vaibhav Ji
7. Exploring The Geography Of Japan
Author: Steve Corrigan
8. What A Professional Travel Company In Bhubaneswar Can Do For You?
Author: Urban Yatra
9. Why Hiring A Travel Agency In Bhubaneswar Worth The Investment?
Author: Urban Yatra
10. Experiencing The Beauty Of Various Tokyo Tourists Attractions With A Guide
Author: Ekaterina Kholkina
11. Ayurvedic Treatment In Kerala Is The Property Of Kerala Tourism
Author: Rakesh Kumar
12. Rajasthan Trip To Land Of Kingdoms
Author: Top Travel
13. View Wonderful Nature’s Beauty In Mount Everest Base Camp Trekking In Nepal
14. Why To Halt At Malta Before Your Excursion In Sicily?
Author: Christian Guardione
15. Tomb Of Sultan Worth Visit Palace In Morocco
Author: Eric Watson