ALL >> Travel >> View Article
The Ultimate Darjeeling Travel Experience
Total Articles: 400
Darjeeling is a gorgeous little hill station in Western Bengal. Located near the borders of Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh and Tibet, this hill station has exquisite experiences lined up for the Indian traveller. So, here is what you can enjoy when you take up a Darjeeling vacation package:
This is lush, green hill station. The natural beauty of this hill station will never cease to surprise you. Take a leisurely walk in the Rock garden or check out the view from Ganga Maya Park. You can also head out to Kalimpong to enjoy a view of the lush green mountains from Durpin Dara hills or stroll though the local nurseries surrounded by exotic flowers. Saramsa Park and Surya Sen Park are also great travel spots in Kalimpong.
Kanchenjunga – the great Himalayan view:
Though, it is just another scenic view, it is so much more for many travellers. When you travel in India, this is the highest point that many travellers can get to enjoy the enthralling view of Kanchenjunga without trekking or climbing up the mountains. Sounds like it is perfect for lazy tourists, right? You will have to wake up at dawn, though, to enjoy the splash of the sun’s rays across the snowy peak of the Himalayas. Wherever you choose to see the peak from, the view is worth it for sure!
Go the extra mile when you are on a Darjeeling vacation package and you will find yourself in Siliguri or Kalimpong to explore the local wilderness and the amazing wildlife to found there. Mahananda Weir Wildlife Sanctuary in Siliguri and the Neora National Park in Kalimpong are thriving sources of forests and wild animals. You must also visit Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park in Darjeeling to see the breeding centre of Tibetan Wolves, Snow Leopards and Siberian Tigers.
Darjeeling, a quaint yet ancient hill station, has so much more in terms of sightseeing destinations and activities. It has been popular for a long time. But, there are new adventure sports and tourists spots evolving in and around the town as well. The quaint little toy train in the city, for example, is now a UNESCO world heritage icon! Yet, the evolution of Kalimpong and Siliguri as travel destination add many enriching experiences to Darjeeling’s kitty as it is the base camp for these experiences. Thus, the attractions continue to evolve and make you want to visit it again and again! You may not want to revisit the toy train but you can explore ancient sites like Thongsa Gompa and Jang Dong Palriffo Brang Monastery in Kalimpong and Salugara Monastery in Siliguri!
About the Author
Travel Articles1. Reduce Your Cost Of Travel With Cheap Flight Deals
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
2. Are You Looking For Bali Holiday Packages
Author: John Weds
3. International Shimla Summer Festival
4. New Zealand Work Permit Consultants
Author: Oasis Resource Management
5. 9 Naturally Beautiful But Uncommon Places To Visit In Delhi
Author: jagjit singh
6. How To Search A Good Taxi Service In Udaipur
7. Travel Technology Solutions Can Help Your Business Grow!
Author: Glenn Dean
8. 6 Doubts About Work Visa To Be Cleared By You
Author: Jason Briggs
9. Best Monsoon Treks In Nepal
Author: Basanta Limbu
10. Enjoy Trekking In Beautiful Destination To Make Your Vacation Joyful
11. Rejoice Well By Planning To Upper Mustang Trekking Anytime
12. Perto Princesa: Home Of The Longest Underground River
13. Take The Better Trekking Experience In Nepal Region
14. Delightful And Adventurous Upper Mustang Trek For This Vacation
15. Fairy Tale Worthy Honeymoon Experiences With Car Service Of Sacramento
Author: Enny Lee