ALL >> Fashion-Costume >> View Article
Historical Past Of Renaissance Clothing - How Today's Fashion Is Affected
Total Articles: 9
During the particular Renaissance period, the rich and more prosperous members of a community, city, or region often wore elaborate and highly-decorated clothing that was hand crafted from many different rich and expensive fabrics and finishes. In fact, the wealthier a family group was the more ornate and expensive their Renaissance clothing was. Your attire was was one of many primary methods of indicating stature and wealth during the Renaissance time.
The history of Renaissance clothing is one of rich and lavish design. There are a number of elements that can help anyone to identify this period in history and the fashion of that moment. One can still see the influence of this era in present day fashion.
Where the men are concerned, one of the most important items of clothing worn was the codpiece. This was used to cover the area that is recognized as the fly in trousers. This piece was sometimes exaggerated so that it will become the biggest market of attention. There were different fastenings that were used to keep this kind of area closed.
Today it is a big part of heavy metallic and pop rock bands. In these modern performances it is usually manufactured from leather. Unlike the period from which it originated from, it just isn't used to accentuate this area as much, but to draw awareness of the design itself. There are many male performers in other genres that have worn the codpiece as well.
For women, the corset became popular during this time period period. It was used to create a slender figure and to fit the acceptable ideal of that time period. There are some people who think that this was uncomfortable as a result of myths that they have been told. But, in many ways it absolutely was useful, especially for those who have back problems.
Today there are many variations with the corset that are worn in wedding dresses and other types regarding formal wear. Female entertainers wear them as well on certain situations. Corsets can also be found at costume parties. There are some women who wear the corset in order to create a smaller waistline.
These are just two of the most critical items in the history of Renaissance clothing. It was a period of extravagance and this is mostly seen by the rich who took good thing about the luxurious fabrics that were available to them. Today one can still start to see the influences of this time period in the fashion world.
People often discover items which are mostly balance, appealing. Consequently, encounters which are much more shaped are thought more desirable. For more knowledge www.style-know-how.com
Fashion/Costume Articles1. Emerging Fashion Trends Towards Sophistication.
2. One Stop Shop With Best Prices For All Your Used Clothes
Author: Dave Brown
3. Sale Of Optical Products On Internet
4. Be A Show Stopper With Michael Kors Bags!
5. 5 T-shirt Designs That Will Never Go Out Of Fashion
Author: Maulik Shah
6. What Are The Benefits Of Buying African Fabrics?
Author: Anil kumar
7. What Is The Perfect Business Attire For Women?
8. How To Look More Confident In Your Business Attire?
9. What Kind Of Skirt Suits Is Mostly Appropriate In Offices?
10. Luminox Land Sentry 0200 Series Swiss Quartz 100m Xl.0201.bo Men's Watch| When Hands-free Timekeepin
Author: Jasson C
11. Find Beautiful Designer Jackets For Womens Online
12. Factors To Consider When Buying High Heels
Author: Sam u
13. Bridesmaid Dresses - Get Your Bridesmaids Shine On Your Wedding Day
14. We Wanted To Create Something The Kids Wanted To Wear And Look Really Smart In
Author: nilesh Thakkar
15. The Useful Way To Choose Affordable Ball Gown Wedding Dress