ALL >> Health >> View Article
Dental Cbct Scan For Implant DentistryBy Expert Author: Joseph N Singleton
A dental cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) scan is a dental imaging technique used in implant dentistry for the accurate assessment and treatment plan formulation before the dental implants can be placed. The CBCT scan obtains clear three dimensional images as the scanner rotates around the patient’s head, with the imaging procedure lasting for a short period of time – but producing hundreds of different images that help with formulate a highly accurate implant treatment plan.
Dental implants can be placed with a higher level of predictability with the help of the 3D images obtained through a CBCT scanner, compared to the two dimensional images produced by conventional dental X-rays. The implant treatment’s assessment, diagnosis, planning, placement, and actual restoration will all benefit from the information given by the precise dental CBCT scan images.
A dental CBCT scan offers a fast, accurate, and non-invasive way of getting important data necessary to formulate an accurate dental implant treatment. Comfort is not compromised as the dental CBCT scanner rotates around the patient’s head to get the precise images in just a short period of time.
The highly accurate images are used to improve the precision of diagnosis and treatment planning that involves the following factors concerning dental implant placement:
• Quality and quantity of the jawbone
• Shape and size of the jawbone ridge
• Accurate location of anatomic structures in the oral cavity and general area, including the maxillary sinus, mandibular canal, incisive canal, and the submandibular fossa
• Number of dental implants needed to provide solutions for the patient’s missing teeth problems
• Precise location where the implants are to be placed
• The need for dental implant-related treatments, such as bone grafting or sinus grafting, prior to the actual placement of implants.
Dental cone beam computed tomography includes CAD/CAM software that analyses the data gathered from the images obtained with the dental CBCT scanner. This software works in reconstructing the data obtained and produces three dimensional anatomical images, which can then be manipulated by the dental implant dentist to formulate an accurate treatment plan.
The dental implant treatment workflow becomes much more efficient, and a lot more accurate, with the help of CBCT scans. The software can be used to determine the best course of implant treatment, ideal implant type for the patient’s unique implant needs, as well as the implant’s angle, size, and location – all before the actual surgical placement of the implant into the jawbone.
CT-dent.co.uk offers dental cone beam CT scans using state-of-the art technology at the affordable prices in Britain. We help practitioners get the maximum diagnostic yield out of their patients' 3D cone beam CT scans. Our wide variety of formats include i-CAT Vision, SimPlant, iDent, Nobel Biocare, DICOM files, Printed report. If you are searching for dental CT scans using the keywords CT scan London, visit CT Dent Ltd.
Health Articles1. Abortion Clinics Contingencies That You Need To Know!
Author: Kumar Swaminathan
2. The Berkeley Acupuncture Clinic – All You Need To Know About Acupuncture
Author: Bina Jangda
3. Braces In Calhoun
Author: James mercer
4. Remote-controlled Sensual Toys For Long Distance Love
Author: John Dugan
5. Newly Approved Study Tells Stem Cell Research & Therapy Works For Autism
Author: Nupur Jha
6. Weight Loss Pills - An Easy And Proven Way To Lose Weight
Author: Karanveer Rawat
7. How Restorative Dentistry Has Transformed People’s Lives?
Author: Ean Landen
8. How Are You Trying To Find The Best Cosmetic Dentist In Scottsdale, Az?
Author: Ellen Clarke
9. Can Aspirin Help In The Fight Against Pancreatic Cancer?
10. Herbal Supplements To Improve Testosterone And Male Stamina Safely
Author: Michael Jayden
11. Get To Know About Seven Unexpected Health Benefits Of Aromatherapy
Author: Manisha Nigam
12. These Sensual Mistakes Compromise Male Organ Health
Author: John Dugan
13. 4 Teeth Whitening Tips For A Whiter Smile
Author: Vikas Gowd
14. Ayurvedic Weight Loss Treatment To Burn Excess Body Fat Effectively
Author: Mitul Ranawat
15. Ayurvedic Treatment To Gain Weight And Increase Muscle Mass Safely
Author: Mitul Ranawat