ALL >> Shopping-Product-Reviews >> View Article
Creating Polymer Clay Flower - A Fun Filled Craft Idea For The Whole Family
Total Articles: 109
With wide range of design options available today, it is no wonder polymer clay flowers are getting noticed in the crafting world. Fit for both children and adults working with polymer clay can provide you a complete new way of having fun with your kids also.
These flowers are fashioned out of polymer clay, which is commonly known as Fimo. This polymer clay can be shaped into different creations. After that you just bake the clay in your kitchen oven to make a hard material that you can slice, drill, sand and paint to get even more creative effects. Because this clay is so easy to work with, it has become trendy to create your own clay flowers and beads like the ever popular crystal beads for jewelry making.
Making Polymer Clay Flower
The process of creating the flowers is simple. Just pinch off a little clay, knead it in your hands and mold it into the form you like or you can use a specific molder to give it the perfect shape.
You can make polymer clay flower in a wide variety of shapes, using different tools and techniques. There is certainly no limit except your imagination and you can work with the clay repeatedly until it has been baked.
Molding the polymer clay needs firm pressure but it keeps its shape once fixed. It is simplest to work with when it is a little warm. So, if you are having trouble in molding it, you should warm up your hands a bit or move to a warmer work area.
Rounded flowers are easiest for the beginner but you can quickly learn how to make flowers that are star shaped, square or designed to look like tiny animals.
To make the flowers in different colors, begin by selecting from the many colors of polymer clay that are available in the market. You can very easily get a marbled effect by mixing multiple colors at once. After molding your creation into the perfect shape and baking it, you can paint the flowers with acrylics or fingernail polish to provide them extra sparkles and gloss.
It is also very easy to make holes in Fimo clay flowers, so you can sew them together onto clothes or can insert a wire to make its stem. You can bore holes in the soft clay priot you bake your flowers or you can bore holes in the solid beads, once they are baked.
A toothpick is ideal for making holes in the Fimo clay once the flowers have been shaped. Wiggle the toothpick around to ensure that the sides of the holes are smooth and leafs won't fall down during baking.
Baking Your Flowers
You will require baking all your clay designs to make them shiny and hard to ensure that they stay in their shape. You can do this in your kitchen oven on a baking sheet but it is also mandatory to follow the instructions to make sure you get the temperature just right. Your polymer clay flower will be hard and ready to be used. Making polymer clay flower is very much similar to crystal beads for jewelry making.
Shopping/Product Reviews Articles1. How Beneficial The Online Shopping Is!
2. How Convenient The Online Shopping Is!
3. The Best Anniversary Plans That Can Make You Invincible
Author: Anand Tiwari
4. Solitaire Diamond Engagement Rings For Your Bride To Be
Author: Jewellery Cluster
5. Firdous Lawn Collection 2018
6. Be Acquainted With The Advantages Of Using Bathroom Accessories
Author: Ainsworth Dickenson
7. Loungewear For Womens That Encapsulate Versatility And Comfort
Author: Alice Berry
8. Invicta Pro Diver 200m Quartz Blue Dial Inv9204/9204 Mens Watch: Bluesy Enough To Be Appreciated
Author: Jasson Ca
9. Kylie Lipkit-the Perfect Lip-kit, The Best Combination Of Style And Fashion
10. Nixon Corporal Quartz A346-510-00 Men’s Watch: Goodness In An Economical Package
11. Save Energy And Water With The Best Dishwasher For Kitchen
Author: John Oddile
12. The Luxurious Models Of Business Card Holders
Author: Sahah Chan
13. A Look At The Learning Environment In List Of International School In Bangalore
Author: Snehal Desai
14. Buy Julius Marlow Shoes & Feel Comfortable
Author: Green Footwear
15. Fossil Grant Chronograph Leather Fs5118 Mens Watch: An Inexpensive, Modern Classic
Author: Jason Ca