ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Magical Holiday Experiences- Exploring Shillong
Total Articles: 400
Apart from being the capital city of Meghalaya, Shillong is also one of the best known tourist spots in north-east India! With amazing lakes, flourishing green forests, picturesque waterfalls and varied wild life, this destination gives out an exotic flavor that makes it a favorite for many nature lovers.
Situated at an average elevation of 1500 meters, visitors will find temperate climates and beautiful hill roads enclosed by tall pine trees awaiting them. Most Shillong travel packages are taken up by tourists coming to India who want to explore the "the Scotland of the East. Most holiday packages catering to this region are usually designed to show travelers many of the most appealing places in this region.
One of the major highlights of any Shillong travel package, The "Abode of the Gods" or the Shillong Peak, is definitely a sight to behold. Along with the peak, another town that is occasionally part of a Shillong Tour Package is Cherrapunjee, or Sohra as it is today recognized. Well advertised as being a region that gets the heaviest rainfall on earth, that trademark should be a good enough reason to attract travelers! Another region that should be a part of your holiday package is Umium Lake, which is quite a fashionable site to explore!
While the main city and surrounding regions have excellent weather throughout the year, you should time your vacation according to the kind of holiday package you want. If you are in the mood for a winter experience, head out during the latter part of the year. If, however, you want to beat the heat, during the summer, then Shillong holiday package may be the ideal solution during that period.
Along with a host of museums to explore, Shillong is also known for its colorful festivals. Keeping the significance of farming in mind, the majority of fairs are held to commemorate the growing or cropping season. One of the main ones that you should plan your holiday package around, Shad Suk Mynsiem, is a thanksgiving ritual that takes place in early spring. Most of these festivals are known for their music, dancing as well as other eventful ceremonies that should definitely be a part of any Shillong travel package. Boating followers can also sail at Ward’s Lake, a man-made lake that also boasts of a botanical garden.
About the Author
Ninad Chaudhari works as a Web UI Designer / Developer with Cox & Kings. Born with a keen love for the North East part of India, Ninad regularly plans out holiday packages for that region. He recently came back from a Shillong travel package from Cox & Kings and came back with albums full of memories.
Travel Articles1. Explore 5 Beautiful Lakes In Ooty Apart From Ooty Lake
2. The Best Offering Package For The Holy Tour Of Chardham Yatra This Coming September
Author: Char Dham Yatra
3. Different Rides For Prom In Chicago From A Charter Coach Bus Rental Company
4. Let Loose In Los Angeles With Bus Tours
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Natural Meets History Of The Kruger National Park
6. Five Free Things To Do In Key West
Author: Dale Dunlop
7. Destination Key West: Popular Attractions
Author: Dale Dunlop
8. Cycling Tours In The French Alps
Author: David Luther
9. Top Trekking & Hiking Trails In Nepal
Author: Mountain Hawk Trekking
10. Mardi Himal Trek - Best Alternative To Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Author: Himalaya Trekking Team
11. Three Exquisite Yet Cultural Cities Of Peshawar That You May Never Want To Leave
Author: Flights Masters
12. Rent The Driver’s Place; Enjoy With Family And Kids On Your Trips
Author: Robert Anhouse
13. Dmz Taxi Tour – Driver Guide Tour Can Make The Dmz Tour A More Planned One!
Author: Brian Lee
14. The Car Rental Dubai Agency Is Your One Stop Shop To Hire The Best Car Of Your Choice
15. Areas Of Cuba
Author: Stephen David