ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Magical Holiday Experiences- Exploring Shillong
Total Articles: 400
Apart from being the capital city of Meghalaya, Shillong is also one of the best known tourist spots in north-east India! With amazing lakes, flourishing green forests, picturesque waterfalls and varied wild life, this destination gives out an exotic flavor that makes it a favorite for many nature lovers.
Situated at an average elevation of 1500 meters, visitors will find temperate climates and beautiful hill roads enclosed by tall pine trees awaiting them. Most Shillong travel packages are taken up by tourists coming to India who want to explore the "the Scotland of the East. Most holiday packages catering to this region are usually designed to show travelers many of the most appealing places in this region.
One of the major highlights of any Shillong travel package, The "Abode of the Gods" or the Shillong Peak, is definitely a sight to behold. Along with the peak, another town that is occasionally part of a Shillong Tour Package is Cherrapunjee, or Sohra as it is today recognized. Well advertised as being a region that gets the heaviest rainfall on earth, that trademark should be a good enough reason to attract travelers! Another region that should be a part of your holiday package is Umium Lake, which is quite a fashionable site to explore!
While the main city and surrounding regions have excellent weather throughout the year, you should time your vacation according to the kind of holiday package you want. If you are in the mood for a winter experience, head out during the latter part of the year. If, however, you want to beat the heat, during the summer, then Shillong holiday package may be the ideal solution during that period.
Along with a host of museums to explore, Shillong is also known for its colorful festivals. Keeping the significance of farming in mind, the majority of fairs are held to commemorate the growing or cropping season. One of the main ones that you should plan your holiday package around, Shad Suk Mynsiem, is a thanksgiving ritual that takes place in early spring. Most of these festivals are known for their music, dancing as well as other eventful ceremonies that should definitely be a part of any Shillong travel package. Boating followers can also sail at Ward’s Lake, a man-made lake that also boasts of a botanical garden.
About the Author
Ninad Chaudhari works as a Web UI Designer / Developer with Cox & Kings. Born with a keen love for the North East part of India, Ninad regularly plans out holiday packages for that region. He recently came back from a Shillong travel package from Cox & Kings and came back with albums full of memories.
Travel Articles1. Finding Spot For Organizing School Picnic Has Become Easy
2. Irving Taxi Service Gives The Best Transport Service For Your Weekend Trip
Author: Irving Instant Cab
3. Choose Vacation Home Rentals Jasper Ar For Limitless Excitement
Author: Kirby Burk
4. Petra Tours - A Useful Guide For First-timers
5. Assisted Tour Package Prove As The Best To Explore The Face Of Rajasthan
Author: Colourful Indian Holidays
6. Charisma Of Affordable Christchurch Holiday Package
Author: Damien McConnell
7. Benefits To Hire Personal Driver Nyc Services
Author: Robert Anhouse
8. Show Proper Significance With A Limousine Rental In Atlanta
Author: John Anderson
9. For Covering Long Distances Choose The Premium Cab Service Provider
Author: John Watson
10. Impress The In-laws With Cheap Car Service Houston
Author: MARK Jones
11. 4 Popular And Best Foods To Eat When In South Africa
Author: Damilola Ojo
12. 4 Best Beaches In Africa
Author: Damilola Ojo
13. How To Plan Vacation Tours In Croatia
Author: Alfred Hunter
14. Stylish And Purposeful Wedding Arrangements For Limousine Service In Minneapolis
Author: john wick
15. If Planning A Home Relocation, Leave Entire Household To Moving Services Richmond Va
Author: Stewart Moving & Storage