ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Circuit Court Overrules Trial Court. Officer Had Developed Reasonable Suspicion Of Dui.
Total Articles: 4
The Circuit Court acting in its appellate capacity over the county court reversed & remanded the lower court's ruling granting defendant's motion to suppress in the case of State v. Majaraj. The defendant submitted his motion to suppress certain evidence arguing that the law enforcement officer did not develope reasonable suspicion to detain the defendant for a DUI investigation. The appellate court gave deference to the findings of fact made by the lower court, but reversed the ruling because it determined that the lower court's ruling wasn't supported by competent evidence. The trial court's findings of fact were that the officer witnessed the defendant speeding and conducted a traffic stop on defendant's vehicle. When the police officer made contact with the defendant, the law enforcement officer smelled the odor of alcohol eminating from defendant's person & also noticed that defenddant's eyes were bloodshot. The defendant admitted to drinking alcoholic beverages earlier in the day. The circuit court held that the officer had reasonable suspicion in order to temporarily detain defendant in order to conduct a DUI investigation when it applied the law to the county court's factual findings. The appellate court issued an opinion reversing the trial court's order allowing the defendant's motion to suppress and remanded the case to the lower court in order for the lower court to conduct further proceedings consistant with the circuit court's decision.
For more information concerning Expunge Record Fort Lauderdale FL , Criminal Defense Lawyer Fort Lauderdale FL or Criminal Defense Lawyer Fort Lauderdale FL , please contact us at: The Law Offices of Michael A. Dye, PA 1 E Broward Blvd #700
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Legal Articles1. Knowing About The Factors And Damage Awards For Wrongful Death
Author: MICHAEL T. FRIEDMAN
2. Simple Steps To Encourage Estate Planning
Author: Probate Lawyer
3. Contact Criminal Defense Lawyer Houston To Safeguard Your Legal Interests
4. How To Find Best Dui Lawyer In New Jersey
Author: Michael Curtis Greenberg
5. Legal Agreement Template
6. Bail Bonds Services Might Help Create A Stressful Time Easier
7. Answering The Question About The Working Of Immigration Lawyer
Author: Kri Law
8. All You Need To Know About The Truck Accidents Attorney
Author: Bkr Law
9. Why To Sought The Assistance Of Truck Accident Lawyer?
Author: Sgro Law
10. Is Hiring A Personal Injury Attorney/lawyer Really Necessary?
Author: MICHAEL T. FRIEDMAN
11. Be Served For The Better In Hiring Car Accident Attorney/lawyer
Author: JON ALAN LAFFERTY
12. Tips On How To Settle Your Slip And Fall Claim
13. Three Things To Look For In A Spinal Cord Injury Attorney
Author: Marcus McGowan
14. How Oklahoma Business Lawyers Can Help You With Gun Trust Law
15. Arizona's Dog Bite Laws And How To Protect Yourself