ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Circuit Court Overrules Trial Court. Officer Had Developed Reasonable Suspicion Of Dui.By Expert Author: Henry Rundquist
The Circuit Court acting in its appellate capacity over the county court reversed & remanded the lower court's ruling granting defendant's motion to suppress in the case of State v. Majaraj. The defendant submitted his motion to suppress certain evidence arguing that the law enforcement officer did not develope reasonable suspicion to detain the defendant for a DUI investigation. The appellate court gave deference to the findings of fact made by the lower court, but reversed the ruling because it determined that the lower court's ruling wasn't supported by competent evidence. The trial court's findings of fact were that the officer witnessed the defendant speeding and conducted a traffic stop on defendant's vehicle. When the police officer made contact with the defendant, the law enforcement officer smelled the odor of alcohol eminating from defendant's person & also noticed that defenddant's eyes were bloodshot. The defendant admitted to drinking alcoholic beverages earlier in the day. The circuit court held that the officer had reasonable suspicion in order to temporarily detain defendant in order to conduct a DUI investigation when it applied the law to the county court's factual findings. The appellate court issued an opinion reversing the trial court's order allowing the defendant's motion to suppress and remanded the case to the lower court in order for the lower court to conduct further proceedings consistant with the circuit court's decision.
For more information concerning Expunge Record Fort Lauderdale FL , Criminal Defense Lawyer Fort Lauderdale FL or Criminal Defense Lawyer Fort Lauderdale FL , please contact us at: The Law Offices of Michael A. Dye, PA 1 E Broward Blvd #700
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Legal Articles1. Car Accident Attorney – Why Are They Important?
2. 7 Crucial Things To Know Before Finding A Personal Injury Lawyer Or Attorney In Plano, Texas
Author: Nick Feizy
3. Auto Accident Attorney – Tips To Get The Help You Need
4. Injured In A Slip And Fall - When To A Hire A Lawyer?
5. Guidelines To Choosing The Best Law Firm For Your Business
Author: Charles Silver
6. Personal Injury Law Firms - Getting The Right Slip And Fall Lawyer
7. Basic Need To Knows For Slip And Fall Lawyers
8. The Sydney Family Law Mediation Can Help To Resolve Disputes In A Friendly Manner
9. Truck Accident Attorney – Top 5 Things To Look For
10. Seat Belt Injury Law - What You Need To Know
11. Third Party Negligence- Hire A Personal Injury Law Firm
Author: Mark Joshes is the author of this Article.
13. How To Get Effective Legal Compensation For Ivc Filter Injury Case In Texas?
Author: Nick Feizy
14. Why Hiring A Wrongful Death Lawyer Is Very Important
15. Top Orange California Personal Injury Lawyer Announcing New Office Location And Free Case Evaluation