ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Circuit Court Overrules Trial Court. Officer Had Developed Reasonable Suspicion Of Dui.
Total Articles: 4
The Circuit Court acting in its appellate capacity over the county court reversed & remanded the lower court's ruling granting defendant's motion to suppress in the case of State v. Majaraj. The defendant submitted his motion to suppress certain evidence arguing that the law enforcement officer did not develope reasonable suspicion to detain the defendant for a DUI investigation. The appellate court gave deference to the findings of fact made by the lower court, but reversed the ruling because it determined that the lower court's ruling wasn't supported by competent evidence. The trial court's findings of fact were that the officer witnessed the defendant speeding and conducted a traffic stop on defendant's vehicle. When the police officer made contact with the defendant, the law enforcement officer smelled the odor of alcohol eminating from defendant's person & also noticed that defenddant's eyes were bloodshot. The defendant admitted to drinking alcoholic beverages earlier in the day. The circuit court held that the officer had reasonable suspicion in order to temporarily detain defendant in order to conduct a DUI investigation when it applied the law to the county court's factual findings. The appellate court issued an opinion reversing the trial court's order allowing the defendant's motion to suppress and remanded the case to the lower court in order for the lower court to conduct further proceedings consistant with the circuit court's decision.
For more information concerning Expunge Record Fort Lauderdale FL , Criminal Defense Lawyer Fort Lauderdale FL or Criminal Defense Lawyer Fort Lauderdale FL , please contact us at: The Law Offices of Michael A. Dye, PA 1 E Broward Blvd #700
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Legal Articles1. 7 Keys To Improving Lead Conversion For Personal Injury Lawyers
2. Hire Drug Possession Lawyer Houston To Safeguard Your Constitutional Rights
3. For Child Support Issues, Consult The Springfield Missouri Child Support Lawyers In Greene County
Author: Kirk C. Stange, Esq.
4. Why Is It Important To Contact An Attorney In Phoenix?
5. Overview Of The Ins And Outs Of Settling A Car Accident Claim In Scottsdale
6. Seattle Insurance Lawyer To Settle Accident Claims
Author: Chris Thayer
7. Four Crucial Complications That Can Result Immediately After Ivc Filter Transplant
Author: Nick Feizy
8. Who Do I Sue After A Car Accident In Tucson?
9. Check Criminal Records
10. Knowing More About Forfeiture And Bail Bonds
Author: Emily Stone
11. What Does It Take To Hire A Car Accident Attorney
Author: ABetter UCBD
12. Requirements For Proving “inability To Present The Case” - Enforcement Of Foreign Awards
Author: S Ravi Shankar
13. Amazing Guide To Hire The Accident Attorney
Author: Chris Thayer
14. Can You Still Recover Damages - If You Were Not Wearing A Seatbelt
15. St Louis Missouri Divorce Lawyers Can Help You Rebuild Your Life
Author: kirk c stange