ALL >> Business >> View Article
What Is The Smart Way To Pay Off The Mortgage?
Total Articles: 121
With car loans and home mortgages, people generally tend to follow one rule – the sooner you pay off the debt, the more money you will be able to save. Mortgages are stretched over long terms and that only means that the loan gets a longer time to accrue interest over the principle amount. So, if one is able to cut down this period, he is obviously going to save a handsome amount of money for himself and his family.
Would Making Larger Repayments Help?
Monthly repayments, to pay off the mortgage, already take the larger chunk of most people’s income; therefore it seems sometimes ludicrous to think about paying it off earlier as one has many other costs to think about, like insurance bills and bills of credit cards, mobile phones and energy supply. You can get lower introductory rates by shopping extensively at the beginning, to compare rates, but that still doesn’t completely solve the issue in the longer term.
However trends are changing and if you are really smart in your dealings, then there other ways through which you pay off the mortgage sooner and still enjoy the lifestyle that you are enjoying. Imagine how you can take years off of your loan period by making slight adjustments in your repayment methods. Here is what you can do to shorten the lifespan of your home mortgage.
• How About Bi-Weekly Payments?
Here is a simple yet truly amazing method to reduce the term period of your home mortgage. You don’t have to pay extra and still it works like a charm. Simply divide the monthly payment in half and pay this amount every other week. If you look closely, in a year, you would be making one extra payment by going biweekly, instead of paying one payment after every 4.34 weeks (equal to one month).
This will help you in two ways –
Firstly with each payment the principle amount will be reduced and
Secondly, the interest will be recalculated earlier on the changed principle amount.
• How About Refinancing?
If it has already been a few years, paying off your mortgage, then it is high time you should check your present credit rating. If you have improved over the last few years then you become eligible for home refinancing with better interest rates. Those with better credit rating are offered lower interest rates and you can be too if you have a good credit history.
• How About Utilizing Tax Benefits?
Mortgages are more or less like other loans; however the thing that keeps them apart is the tax benefit that one can enjoy over the home mortgage. Whether it is in shape of tax deduction or tax credit, you can certainly make use of the tax break to pay off your mortgage a lot earlier than is in the cards. You might have to take a little longer to do taxes next year but isn’t wavering off months or years from your mortgage, worth it?
Business Articles1. Advantages And Disadvantages Of Concrete Staining
Author: Ben Lager
2. What To Look For When Hiring An Ocean Freight Shipping Company
Author: William Santos
3. Top 4 Advantages Of Concrete Coating
Author: Ben Lager
4. Centrifugal Blower Manufacturer In India|centrifugal Blower Fan
5. Building A Modern Architecture Homes- Planning And Concept
Author: Leila Adam
6. Thorough Proofreading Finesses Documents, Raises The Organization’s Reputation
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
7. Design And Build Contractor Singapore – Get The Best Services From Interior Renovation Contractor!
Author: James Han
8. Meishen–a Bright Star In Magnesium Oxide Industry
Author: hu Allen
9. Grow Customer Base And Market Presence With Pharmacist Email Lists For Your Business Campaign
Author: Adam Tyson
10. Adapt New Forms Of B2b Communication With Infection Control Directors Mailing List
Author: Andrew Rayel
11. Moby Wrap Baby Carrier
12. Care For Your Deck
Author: Blue Star Carpentry has been specializing in custom decks for over a decade. When you sit outside wi
13. How Does A Small B2b Company Increase The sales?
Author: Mohit Yadev
14. Latest Job Vacancies In India
15. Why Are Aap And Congress Supporters Opposing A Tax Reform Like The Gst? Are They Anti-nationals?
Author: Mohit Yadev