ALL >> Business >> View Article
The Types Of Car Insurance Coverage Explained
Total Articles: 121
So you have bought your very first family car; have you thought about the insurance policy for your car? Have you decided what kind of coverage you require for your car? The first thing that car owners must know is that they have to have some kind of minimal insurance to be able to drive on the road legally. Without this insurance, they can be fined and/or penalized.
Choosing the Right Insurance Policy
Selecting and purchasing car insurance policy is no easy task. It is not like shopping and simply choosing; if you are not an insurance professional, then chances are that you wouldn’t understand half the things that the insurance seller will be throwing at you. It is at such moments, that consumers often make wrong decisions and get stuck with an insurance policy that they don’t require and cannot pay for.
So, here is a brief run-down of different insurance policies that you can purchase for your car.
• Third-Party Liability Insurance Coverage
Liability only insurance is the simplest policy and the minimal policy that you must purchase to be legally able to drive your car. This insurance is going to cover you in case of car accident that resulted due to your fault. The property and the people that get injured through your car and your driving will be taken care of through this insurance policy. Any legal claims that the third party might make against you will also be covered through this coverage.
• Car Collision Coverage
This kind of insurance coverage is going to take care of any damage that comes to your car due to a collision. The insurance policy will pay for the repair of your car and if the repair exceeds the actual cost/value of the car, like in the case of car being totaled, then the coverage will pay money which is equivalent to the value of the car. This policy is good for consumers who own an expensive car.
• Personal Injury Protection Coverage
Personal Injury Protection, or PIP, is not necessary, but it is something that a car owner must purchase. Car accidents and the injuries resulting from it are constantly on the rise and in case of an accident, the costs soon start to accumulate. Having PIP coverage will take care of most of your medical bills and those of the passengers present in your car at the time of accident.
• Underinsured Motorist Protection Coverage
Although having minimum car insurance is mandatory, not everyone follows this rule. Therefore if you end up in an accident with such a motorist, then you won’t be receiving any payment; instead your insurance policy is going to take care of all payments related to repair of the car.
• Comprehensive Coverage
Comprehensive coverage, covers most every kind of damage coming to your car. For example, your car can get stolen, robbed or damaged due to natural calamity. Who are you going to blame at such a time and to whom are you going to send your bills. This car insurance policy will cover the damage coming to your car in such situations.
Business Articles1. One Of The Best Kitchen Equipment Manufacturers
Author: Paul Wright
2. Advantages Of Getting Listed In Online Construction Directory
Author: John Smith
3. How Radiologist Email Lists From Healthcare Mailing Change Your Business Perception?
Author: Richard Braxon
4. Choose Yourself As A Yoga Teacher With The Help Of Adinath Ashram
Author: Jack Stevens
5. Best Service Provider For Life Time Events In Pune
Author: biz porto
6. Crimping Your Own Earrings
Author: Nitesh Pathak
7. An Overview Of Surface And Chemical Analysis
Author: Tan Sean
8. Prorack Roof-racks Install With Smart-foot Technology
Author: Tony Bulic
9. Siib: The Changing Face Of Business Education In India
Author: Mohan Kumar
10. Things To Know About Coworking Spaces
11. Things To Consider Before Opting For A Mailbox Rental
12. Different Types Of Advertisement Print Products
13. Advantages Of Hiring Professionals For Printing
14. Data Cabling Through Wire Mesh Cable Tray
Author: Noah Gabriel
15. Pretreatment And Grit Removal From Sewage Water To Repurpose It
Author: Manoj Shukla