ALL >> Business >> View Article
The Types Of Car Insurance Coverage Explained
Total Articles: 121
So you have bought your very first family car; have you thought about the insurance policy for your car? Have you decided what kind of coverage you require for your car? The first thing that car owners must know is that they have to have some kind of minimal insurance to be able to drive on the road legally. Without this insurance, they can be fined and/or penalized.
Choosing the Right Insurance Policy
Selecting and purchasing car insurance policy is no easy task. It is not like shopping and simply choosing; if you are not an insurance professional, then chances are that you wouldn’t understand half the things that the insurance seller will be throwing at you. It is at such moments, that consumers often make wrong decisions and get stuck with an insurance policy that they don’t require and cannot pay for.
So, here is a brief run-down of different insurance policies that you can purchase for your car.
• Third-Party Liability Insurance Coverage
Liability only insurance is the simplest policy and the minimal policy that you must purchase to be legally able to drive your car. This insurance is going to cover you in case of car accident that resulted due to your fault. The property and the people that get injured through your car and your driving will be taken care of through this insurance policy. Any legal claims that the third party might make against you will also be covered through this coverage.
• Car Collision Coverage
This kind of insurance coverage is going to take care of any damage that comes to your car due to a collision. The insurance policy will pay for the repair of your car and if the repair exceeds the actual cost/value of the car, like in the case of car being totaled, then the coverage will pay money which is equivalent to the value of the car. This policy is good for consumers who own an expensive car.
• Personal Injury Protection Coverage
Personal Injury Protection, or PIP, is not necessary, but it is something that a car owner must purchase. Car accidents and the injuries resulting from it are constantly on the rise and in case of an accident, the costs soon start to accumulate. Having PIP coverage will take care of most of your medical bills and those of the passengers present in your car at the time of accident.
• Underinsured Motorist Protection Coverage
Although having minimum car insurance is mandatory, not everyone follows this rule. Therefore if you end up in an accident with such a motorist, then you won’t be receiving any payment; instead your insurance policy is going to take care of all payments related to repair of the car.
• Comprehensive Coverage
Comprehensive coverage, covers most every kind of damage coming to your car. For example, your car can get stolen, robbed or damaged due to natural calamity. Who are you going to blame at such a time and to whom are you going to send your bills. This car insurance policy will cover the damage coming to your car in such situations.
Business Articles1. Advantages And Disadvantages Of Concrete Staining
Author: Ben Lager
2. What To Look For When Hiring An Ocean Freight Shipping Company
Author: William Santos
3. Top 4 Advantages Of Concrete Coating
Author: Ben Lager
4. Centrifugal Blower Manufacturer In India|centrifugal Blower Fan
5. Building A Modern Architecture Homes- Planning And Concept
Author: Leila Adam
6. Thorough Proofreading Finesses Documents, Raises The Organization’s Reputation
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
7. Design And Build Contractor Singapore – Get The Best Services From Interior Renovation Contractor!
Author: James Han
8. Meishen–a Bright Star In Magnesium Oxide Industry
Author: hu Allen
9. Grow Customer Base And Market Presence With Pharmacist Email Lists For Your Business Campaign
Author: Adam Tyson
10. Adapt New Forms Of B2b Communication With Infection Control Directors Mailing List
Author: Andrew Rayel
11. Moby Wrap Baby Carrier
12. Care For Your Deck
Author: Blue Star Carpentry has been specializing in custom decks for over a decade. When you sit outside wi
13. How Does A Small B2b Company Increase The sales?
Author: Mohit Yadev
14. Latest Job Vacancies In India
15. Why Are Aap And Congress Supporters Opposing A Tax Reform Like The Gst? Are They Anti-nationals?
Author: Mohit Yadev