ALL >> Travel >> View Article
How To Apply For A Transit Visa To Thailand
Total Articles: 13
When you want to stop for a quick break in Thailand, you will ask the Thailand embassy to issue a transit visa for you. However, the transit visa for Thailand is valid for 3 or 6 months only and you can stay for a month’s time at a time. The good news is; you can extend your stay in Thailand. You must apply to the Office of Immigration Bureau. Then the extension on the transit visa for any period is left at the discretion of your immigration officer. Each transit visa entry in Thailand will cost you 800 Baht. But, the cost can vary. So, what do you need to get a visa application approval?
The typical reasons for the transit visa to Thailand:
• You may have a quite a long itinerary where you visit Thailand, then visit other countries and later on you return to your home country.
• You are participating in several sports activities across different countries.
• You are a member of shipping crew that will visit several ports – including Thailand.
You will need to submit the essential supporting documents to get the transit visa:
• Visa application form: It must be completely filled and signed.
• Valid passport: The passport must be valid for next 6 months from the date of travel.
• Proof of travel itinerary: If you will be travelling via Thailand, then you need the flight tickets to Thailand, the flight tickets from Thailand to the forward destinations and the approved visa for those countries.
• Letter of invitation: If you are a sportsperson on a trip, then you will need the letter of invitation from the respective organizations.
• Proof of enough funds: You need sufficient funds to travel to and from Thailand and stay in Thailand for the requisite duration. The tourists need 20,000 Baht in travellers’ cheque per person and 40,000 Baht per family.
This all seems to go straight and narrow. But, it is hardly so. For example: the consular officer has the right to demand more documents. This kind of insertion in the visa application processing can delay the trip. Alternatively, the immigration officer can reject the application without explaining the reason for the rejection. It can also cause some trouble. So, you, as an applicant seeking transit visa, must keep an eye out for these minor details. That’s where visa processing service can be useful as they can consult you to avoid such pitfalls.
Author Bio :
Yogesh Verma is an employee of Cox and Kings Global Services. Along with wanting to ensure that travellers have extensive information on Transit Visas in Thailand, he also researches on the various kinds of visas available for Thailand.
Travel Articles1. Explore 5 Beautiful Lakes In Ooty Apart From Ooty Lake
2. The Best Offering Package For The Holy Tour Of Chardham Yatra This Coming September
Author: Char Dham Yatra
3. Different Rides For Prom In Chicago From A Charter Coach Bus Rental Company
4. Let Loose In Los Angeles With Bus Tours
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Natural Meets History Of The Kruger National Park
6. Five Free Things To Do In Key West
Author: Dale Dunlop
7. Destination Key West: Popular Attractions
Author: Dale Dunlop
8. Cycling Tours In The French Alps
Author: David Luther
9. Top Trekking & Hiking Trails In Nepal
Author: Mountain Hawk Trekking
10. Mardi Himal Trek - Best Alternative To Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Author: Himalaya Trekking Team
11. Three Exquisite Yet Cultural Cities Of Peshawar That You May Never Want To Leave
Author: Flights Masters
12. Rent The Driver’s Place; Enjoy With Family And Kids On Your Trips
Author: Robert Anhouse
13. Dmz Taxi Tour – Driver Guide Tour Can Make The Dmz Tour A More Planned One!
Author: Brian Lee
14. The Car Rental Dubai Agency Is Your One Stop Shop To Hire The Best Car Of Your Choice
15. Areas Of Cuba
Author: Stephen David