ALL >> Travel >> View Article
How To Apply For A Transit Visa To Thailand
Total Articles: 13
When you want to stop for a quick break in Thailand, you will ask the Thailand embassy to issue a transit visa for you. However, the transit visa for Thailand is valid for 3 or 6 months only and you can stay for a month’s time at a time. The good news is; you can extend your stay in Thailand. You must apply to the Office of Immigration Bureau. Then the extension on the transit visa for any period is left at the discretion of your immigration officer. Each transit visa entry in Thailand will cost you 800 Baht. But, the cost can vary. So, what do you need to get a visa application approval?
The typical reasons for the transit visa to Thailand:
• You may have a quite a long itinerary where you visit Thailand, then visit other countries and later on you return to your home country.
• You are participating in several sports activities across different countries.
• You are a member of shipping crew that will visit several ports – including Thailand.
You will need to submit the essential supporting documents to get the transit visa:
• Visa application form: It must be completely filled and signed.
• Valid passport: The passport must be valid for next 6 months from the date of travel.
• Proof of travel itinerary: If you will be travelling via Thailand, then you need the flight tickets to Thailand, the flight tickets from Thailand to the forward destinations and the approved visa for those countries.
• Letter of invitation: If you are a sportsperson on a trip, then you will need the letter of invitation from the respective organizations.
• Proof of enough funds: You need sufficient funds to travel to and from Thailand and stay in Thailand for the requisite duration. The tourists need 20,000 Baht in travellers’ cheque per person and 40,000 Baht per family.
This all seems to go straight and narrow. But, it is hardly so. For example: the consular officer has the right to demand more documents. This kind of insertion in the visa application processing can delay the trip. Alternatively, the immigration officer can reject the application without explaining the reason for the rejection. It can also cause some trouble. So, you, as an applicant seeking transit visa, must keep an eye out for these minor details. That’s where visa processing service can be useful as they can consult you to avoid such pitfalls.
Author Bio :
Yogesh Verma is an employee of Cox and Kings Global Services. Along with wanting to ensure that travellers have extensive information on Transit Visas in Thailand, he also researches on the various kinds of visas available for Thailand.
Travel Articles1. Dfw Airport Shuttle Service & Other Options - Know Why They Are Best For Airport Ride
Author: Shaik Hossain
2. Cheap Boat Rental In Miami – Things You Should Know
Author: Pavel Pinchuk
3. Apply For An Australian Eta Visa
Author: Patricia Ehic
4. How Can A Taxi App Benefit An Existing Taxi Operator?
5. Holidays At Nepal Himalaya
Author: Sudip Shahi
6. Kerala Holidays Packages – Enjoy The Amazing Natural Beauty
Author: Top Travel
7. Angola Tourist Visa For Indian Citizens
Author: Dinesh Varma
8. Visit Interesting Attractions During Your New York Holidays
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
9. 10 Travel Tips For Your First Trip To Turkey
Author: Archis Roy
10. Why Should You Book Galveston Transportation For Your Vacation?
Author: Phillip Mihatov
11. Wedding Transportation Fulfilled In Washington Dc Via Limousine In Dc
Author: Wedding Transportation Fulfilled in Washington DC
12. Taxi Services In Dehradun, Dehradun Taxi Service
13. Make Your Tour Outstanding With India Holiday Packages
Author: Tree Trunk Travel
14. Enjoy The Combination Of The Remote Valley On Choosing This Trekking Service
15. Enjoy Everest Base Camp Trek With Best Travelling Experience