ALL >> Food,-Cooking-and-Drink >> View Article
How To Cut Fat Of Meat And Poultry?
Total Articles: 61
Meat and poultry are often the centerpiece of a meal. can be valuable sources of protein and other important nutrients. But they can also be sources of unhealthy fat and cholesterol.
Unfortunately, higher fat meat and poultry tend to be tastier — something celebrity chefs know, which is why they often use higher fat cuts of them in their recipes. Before adding these to your meal, know the truth behind their nutrition and their preparation. Meat and poultry are an important and concentrated source of protein. Half of a chicken breast has 30 grams of protein. A 3-ounce serving of ground chuck beef has 23 grams of protein. Some types of meat can be a good source of Iron. One 3-ounce serving of ground chuck beef has 13 percent of your daily value of Iron. Each type of meat has a varying amount of cholesterol. Beef has the lowest amount of cholesterol as compared with other types of meat. Chicken has more cholesterol than beef. Inevitably, eating meat will add fat to your diet. Half of a breast of chicken can add 13 grams of fat to your diet. One 3-ounce serving of ground chuck will add 15 grams of fat. Learn how to choose the healthiest selections of meat and poultry and how to prepare them using low-fat methods. With these tips, you can reduce the fat even in higher fat marbled cuts. Look for lean cuts. Certain cuts of meat & poultry are lower in fat. Lean cuts of beef include round, chuck, sirloin and tenderloin. Lean pork or lamb includes tenderloin, loin chops and leg. The leanest poultry is white meat from the breast with no skin. Be selective. Choose beef that is labeled "Choice" or "Select" instead of "Prime," which usually has more fat. If you can't resist the higher fat choices, use them as an occasional indulgence rather than a regular option. Check percentages. When buying ground beef, look for packages with the highest percentage of lean meat — 90 percent or higher. Watch the ground. Ground poultry can have as much fat as ground beef has, or more, because it often includes dark meat and skin. To make the leanest choice, choose ground breast meat, or look for low-fat ground chicken or turkey. When you follow the above methods to cut the fat, these meat can be both a tasty and healthy part of your diet. Yang is the freelance writer for e-commerce website in the food industry. 21food.com is just a place for you to look for any delicious foods! Our 21food.com provide E-commerce business directory for importing & exporting of global food products, especially Chinese food products.
Food, Cooking and Drink Articles1. 5 Fun Facts You Should Know About Bubble Tea
Author: Rosario Berry
2. Where Does Bubble Tea In New York And New Jersey Originate From?
Author: Rosario Berry
3. Mushroom Cultivation In Kolkata With Huge Success
Author: Kanchan Das
4. How To Choose A Cheap Herbal Vaporizer That’s Right For You
Author: Benjamin Winterburn
5. Confused With The Menu For Your Birthday Party? Try Wood Fired Pizza!
Author: Laurie Hekeik
6. Tips And Tricks For Mastering Vaping With Salt Juice Flavors
Author: Gaius Monteyro
7. How To Get Sports And Cooking Camps For Kids In San Francisco
Author: Craig Arnold
8. Can You Eat Tea Leaves? If So, Here’s How And Why?
Author: Vipul Makwana
9. Surprising Health Benefits Of Regular Wine (moderate) Consumption
Author: Vicky Mamoria
10. Meet Your Cooking Related Needs In An Effortless Manner While Using These Cooking Accessories!
Author: Steve Mize
11. South Indian Cuisine: Much More Than Idlis & Dosas
12. Smoked Cheese Market By Product Type, Expert Opinion, Technology, End User Application, Major Driver
Author: Akash Shahu
13. Benefits Of Eating Healthy Food
14. Benefits Of Pure Desi Ghee
Author: Priyanka Awasthi
15. Buy Chocolates Online From Kanan Devan