ALL >> Health >> View Article
Using Chin Straps For Snoring Problems
Total Articles: 233
Further below in this article, you find an easy remedy for this problem, by using Chin straps for sleep apnea.
Sleep apnea or snoring is caused due to obstruction of breathing by the relaxation of soft tissue muscles, in the windpipe region and the loosening of Jaw muscles. Whenever a person enters a state of deep sleep, relaxation of body muscles is an obvious thing.
Sleep apnea is of the following kinds:
OSA (Obstructive Sleep Apnea)
CSA (Central Sleep Apnea)
Mixed Sleep Apnea (Combination of OSA and CSA)
Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) is the main and primary cause of snoring (Hence labeled as “Obstructive”). Around 12 million Americans suffer from this problem as per a survey taken by Agency of Healthcare Research and Quality in 2011.
Medical researchers also highlight that obesity and smoking are the major factors in causing sleep apnea. But it also affects even the healthiest of individuals. So if you are a healthy individual with neither of these life style issues and yet if you snore, you have a problem. Now, if such be the case, then a check up by a Doctor would be a natural recourse.
Sleep Apnea is diagnosed by a full night medical test called polysomnogram, which is estimated to cost around $1200 per test. On the basis of diagnosis, doctors would recommend Mandibular advancement splint. It is oral contraption that shapes the lower jaws forward and prevents airway blockage due to muscle action. Amazon prices this contraption at around an average of $200.
But, then these treatments are quite expensive, and especially so, if you do not possess Medical insurance.
And so, it preferable to have a better solution that too cost effective, by using chin straps for sleep apnea. It is a simplistic, easy-to-use jaw strap that prevents lower jaw to loosen up during sleep. Like a sling, it is attached to the lower jaw, and supported by neck.
This reduces obstruction of Windpipe, which easily prevents snoring. At around an average price of $15, it is the most cost effective self treatment, one can do with.
However, it is advisable to diagnose as to whether snoring is caused due to OSA or not. Also, it is better to ask others, if you sleep with your jaws open. One cannot know if he or she snores or not. If you don’t snore by keeping your jaws open, then this thing isn’t for you and it will not work.
Health Articles1. Nutritious Food - Some Smart And Healthy Foods To Stay Fit
Author: Vidya Jayaram
2. Best Hair Transplant In Odisha.
Author: Aesthetica Clinics
3. Using Ultrasound To Assess Male Organ Health
Author: John Dugan
4. Tips To Find A Top Quality Hospital For Your Maternal Care
Author: James Stevenson
5. 3 Organic Oils For Massage That Rejuvenates Your Soul!
Author: Bryan Loo
6. Choose The Right Mattress For Sound Sleep.
7. Dme Billing Software To Automate Your Dme Billing
8. Huge Quantity Of Mushroom Cultivation In Kolkata
Author: Kanchan Das
9. Things You Need To Know When Buying Water Ionizer
Author: Hydrate Global
10. What Things To Expect When Looking For Infertility Treatments
11. Benefits Of Psychotherapy Treatments
12. How To Handle Teen Anger Management At Home
13. Going Back To Stress Management Basics
14. Dealing With Anxiety Disorders - What Is Best For You?
15. Controlling Stress By Cultivating Top Management Tips