ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
How I Looked After My New Car
Total Articles: 2
I have composed a list of expert advice and care tips for your vehicle in order to prolong its life.
1. Go easy during the break-in period
You have got your dream car and now you want to make sure it has a long life and at the same time stays in top condition. Some things you need to remember during your first drive:
• The break-in period is an all so important time for any automobile. Typically the first 1,000 miles are counted as the break-in period, so make sure to keep your speed under 55mph or the speed recommended by the car maker.
• During this time make sure that heavy loads are avoided on the drive train.
• The new automobile shouldn’t be left in idle periods for long times especially during break-in time.
• Keep the engine rpms below 3,000 throughout 1,000 miles.
2. Take Care while driving everyday
Once the break-in period is over, it shouldn’t mean that you stop being car considerate. Driving with care everyday is rewarded by not visiting the repair shop for longer intervals.
• During start-up do not race your car’s engine as this will add lots of wear to your engine, especially in winter.
• First ten to twenty minutes during a drive are the most important ones in terms of engine wear, so make sure to accelerate slowly.
• It is not a good idea to warm your engine by leaving it in an idle state in the driveway. The disadvantage is that the engine doesn’t work at its peak temperature which results in damaged components.
• Shift to neutral when stopping at red lights which will put less pressure on your engine.
• Weather has an important role to play when it comes to car repairs. If you put your foot down when it’s very hot or cold outside you will be paying more visits to the repair shop.
• Careful driving can also extend the life of your tires. Fast starts, stops, and turns should be avoided and speed limits should be observed.
• When parking, make sure you don’t hit a curb and don’t burn rubber.
• When moving your steering wheel, don’t grip it to your extreme right or left for more than a few seconds because this can cause damage to the power steering pump.
• Try to consolidate your short journeys into one as majority of the wear and tear occurs in the first few minutes of driving. Try to go out in off peak times as that will keep your engine healthier for longer.
3. Fill up your vehicle at a renowned station
When filling your vehicle with fuel, make sure you get it from a station which has filtered fuel. Some petrol stations don’t have pump filters which makes your vehicle more defenceless to polluted petrol. Find a trustworthy station and stick to it.
4. Don’t fill up if you see the tanker
If you see a petrol tanker filling the tanks at your local petrol station, don’t fill up your vehicle, why? Because station’s underground fillers are being filled, the shaking can stir sediment. Sediment in the petrol can hinder fuel filters and fuel injectors; this causes poor performance and possibly a visit to the repair shop.
5. Choose a good car Insurer
Getting insurance from a reputable insurer is the wisest decision as disaster can strike any time. Get insurance from a company that will pay for original parts.
Automobiles Articles1. Construction Companies: Rent Your Crane
Author: Josh Myshak
2. Why Do You Invest In Top-quality Food Trucks?
Author: Randy Travis
3. Less Hazards More Safety
Author: Eesha Zaveri
4. Is Your New Year Resolution A New Car?
Author: Wiliams Orchard
5. Modifying Your Darling With Harley Parts For Enjoying The Next Rides
Author: Levi Fysh
Author: Lineward Coproration
7. Silicon Carbide-a Compound Widely Used In Automobile, Electronics, And Steel Industries.
8. How To Install And Maintain A Hydraulic Starter
Author: Ryan gary
9. Pros And Cons Of Training Simulators
Author: Eesha Zaveri
10. Choosing A Reliable Auto Repair Service Provider In Seattle
Author: Justin Ward
11. How Do Lenders Calculate Ltv Ratio For Your Auto Loan?
Author: jeffery reynold
12. Rockman - The Top Manufacturers Of Aluminium Die Casting, Automotive Component & Auto Parts
Author: Rockman Industries
13. Car Care Tips To Maintain Your Car During Winters
Author: Neel patel
14. Why Front Wheel Alignment Is Seriously Important In Leduc
Author: Mark Josesh
15. Get The Best Quality Replacement Tires For Your Vehicle
Author: Justin Ward