ALL >> Travel >> View Article
How Do Expats Apply For An Emirates Id?
Total Articles: 7
All residents of the United Arab Emirates need an Emirates ID. It is an electronic ID that is mandatory for everyone above 15 years of age in the UAE – nationals and expats alike. Simply put, this is the Emirates Identity Authority (EIDA) registration that is necessary for transactions with government bodies and some private organizations. This Dubai national ID will replace other major identifications such as labour permit, health card, driving license, etc.
Though, the process for getting and renewing the Emirates ID remains same for expats and UAE nationals, the biggest difference is the cost incurred. The UAE citizens and GCC (Gulf Corporation Council) countries get this ID for 100 AED. It will be valid for 5 years. But, expats pay 100 AED for same ID, which will be valid for a single year only. But, the difference is in the payment part only. The online and offline EIDA registration process is same for expats and nationals.
Here are the steps for offline registration:
1. Visit the nearest accredited typing centre. After the application form is completed, submit it with the due fees. Expats must visit the nearest preventive medical centre, at this point of time.
2. On the appointed or scheduled date, you will visit the registration centre, where the representatives will capture your biometrics data i.e. fingerprint and digital photograph.
3. You will receive the ID via post.
The second and third steps of the online process are exactly like the offline process. But, you can fill the application and pay the fees online, so that you can complete the part of the Emirate ID process from the convenience of your home or office. You will need to submit certain documents, though.
If you are the expatriate in Dubai, you will need the following documents to get national ID:
• Original and valid passport
• Original and valid visa entry or resident visa
• Completed application form
Once you complete and submit the form, you will need to give your biometric data. Then, you can return home and track your ID progress online. Once it is printed, you will receive the SMS informing you about the update about the delivery date. The total process can be easily completed within 10 business days.
However, select public sector employees and private sector employees can avail for Emirate ID for 3 and 2 years respectively. But, this facility is applicable to select UAE residents only.
Author Bio :
Arvind Sharma is an employee of Cox and Kings Global Services. Along with wanting to ensure that travellers have extensive information on the process of EIDA registration and getting an Emirates ID, he also presents research on getting a Dubai national ID.
Travel Articles1. India Viajes Mundial El Mejor Viaje
Author: Jessica Johansson
2. Practical Wedding Transportation Solutions With Tampa Bay Car Service
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
3. Overseas Exploration Travel In Nepal
Author: Sudip Shahi
4. Reasons To Choose A Good Taxi Service In Udaipur, Rajasthan
Author: Jai Bhawani
5. Bristol Taxis – Search For The Best Clifton Taxi Service Now!
Author: Michel Umer
6. Krabi Taxi – Krabi Airport Taxi Will Never Let You Down!
Author: Khun Franco
7. Beautiful Beach Tour In Goa
Author: Top Travel
8. Do You Know How Make Your Tour Of Sicily Quite Enthralling?
Author: Christian Guardione
9. India, A Paradise For Bird Watchers
10. Sightseeing Tour Limo In Washington Dc: What Are The Places To Explore?
Author: Mike Johnson
11. Applying Uae Visa Online Helps You Visit Top Tourist Attractions In Dubai
Author: Zuhair Hanif
12. Why You Should Reserve This Incredible Villa For Your Vacation?
13. Travel Myths You Need To Get Rid Of Right Now
Author: Wayne Brook
14. Nyc Car Services Compatible For Babies And Kids
Author: Robert Anhouse
15. How To Make Your Mountain Biking Easy With Travel Guides?
Author: Walter Winkler