ALL >> General >> View Article
Be Emergency-ready With Comprehensive Response Plans
Total Articles: 3
Emergencies can occur anytime, anywhere without any warning. Hence, we should be prepared to handle a disaster efficiently with minimal damage to property and lives.
The action taken in the first few hours of an emergency is the most critical. If an emergency occurs in a factory, then a prompt warning to employees to evacuate or seek shelter in a safe place or an announcement to lockdown the premise, can save lives. Again, a timely call to a public emergency service will ensure that the right response team and equipment reach the disaster spot. Hence, what is of utmost importance is emergency response plans.
Such plans should be in place in every workplace. So, how do you prepare emergency response plans? The first step is to assess your potential emergency situations. Understand thoroughly the disasters that can take in your workplace and then prepare a plan to tackle such situations. Evacuation and sheltering are important aspects of emergency response plans.
Evacuation of employees is the most critical aspect of this plan. Make sure you have primary and secondary evacuation routes and exits. These should be well-lit and have signs to guide employees out. Remember, fear and confusion always create panic during disasters. Hence, designate an employee who will oversee the evacuation process. Also, stay in constant touch with local authorities through emergency alerts. You can receive these life-saving emergency alerts on your phone at home or at work. These public safety emergency alerts will help you tackle emergencies better as they warn you in advance about natural and man-made disasters. For example, if there is a cyclone/storm approaching or there is a chemical leak in the area where your office is located, emergency alerts will warn you in advance and give you ample time to evacuate your employees to a safe place.
Your workplace should have a built-in shelter in the basement or some interior room if it is located in areas prone to cyclones. The shelter should also be big enough to hold all your employees. It always helps to get prior warning of a natural emergency. Hence, make sure you subscribe to some public emergency alerts system.
In the event of a chemical leak in the vicinity of your office or a fire or act of terrorism, the plan should be to move all your employees to the core of your office building, until the local authorities declare that it is safe to evacuate.
So, if you don’t have an emergency response plan yet, get one now.
General Articles1. For The First Time To Buy High-end Business Watches We Should Pay Attention To What@thereal.su
2. 5 Best Tarot Cards For Beginners In Intriguing World Of New Age
3. Tiffin Services In Bangoluru –simply Home Food
Author: Simply Home Food
4. Anti-ageing Supplements An Overview
5. An Effective Remedy For Serious Hairloss – A New Concept Read More: An Effective Remedy For Serious
Author: Sithara Mithiran
6. Low Price Mushroom Cultivation In Kolkata With Maximum Effort
Author: Kanchan Das
7. How To Solve Quicken Error Cc-501
8. How To Fix Aol Instant Messenger (aim) Errors?
Author: Bradon Wilson
9. How To Fix Brother Printer Error Ts-02
Author: Bradon Wilson
10. 70% Of The Auction Beyond The High Valuation Of Auction@thereal.su
11. What Is Considered A Luxury It? It Must Have Several Characteristics@thereal.su
12. Fire Safety Manager
13. Benefit From Credit Union Auto Buying Service Winston Salem Nc
Author: alma miller
14. Are You Facing The Issue With Your Hp Printer? Call Hp Printer Support Number +1-855-746-8414
Author: Sara Abo
15. Best Baby Food Online In India