ALL >> Health >> View Article
Different Contraceptive Pills Available Today
Total Articles: 73
Ever wondered about the different contraceptive pills available today that can be used to avoid pregnancy?
As the debate about abortion goes on, companies all over the world are trying to invent more and more types of contraceptive pills to avoid the situation altogether. The available pills today are effective and definitely a better means of birth control rather than abortion. Take action before, not after- is the motto.
There are three different types of contraceptive pills available today. All these three type of pills help prevent abortion so that you do not have to worry about having a baby when you do not want it. Of course, prevention is better and taking any of these contraceptive pills can help you save the hassles you might have to face later on in case you become pregnant.
1. The first type of contraceptive pills available contain progestin hormone that has the ability to reduce the risk of pregnancy by 88%. The mini pill is a name for the progestogen-only pill, or POP. These pills have a reduced chance of causing side effects if they are used as a emergency contraception. Progestin containing pills available in the market are - Cerazette, Emin, Fermulen, Nora-Be, Ovrette. It also helps in painful periods.
2. The second type of pills are the Extended-Cycle Pills. These contraceptives avoid pregnancy and allow you to have periods only once in three months. For example, Lybrel. It stops your periods for over a period, but the downside is that you have to take it every day for that period without missing even one dose.
3. The third type are the combined pills. These contain hormone oestrogen and a synthetic form of the hormone progestogen. Most combined pills use the same form of oestrogen - ethinylestradiol - but different types of progestogens. Most combined pills come in 21 or 28 day packs. With a 21-day pack, all of them are active. You don't take any of them for the last 7 days of the cycle. Combined pills are also available in three different phase-types: monophasic, biphasic and triphasic.
Monophasic: All of them contain the same level of hormones. Pills available are Modicon, Mircette, Ovral, Portia, Seasonale. They have a good effect and function positively.
Biphasic: They contain two different doses of oestrogen and progestogen.
Triphasic: They contain three different doses of hormones. The dose changes every 7 days. Pills available are: Enpresse, TriNessa, Trivora, Velivet.
Do you know about EPOC Abortion Clinic? If not, click on the link!
Health Articles1. Stress Attack - Why You Will Need Help Now!
2. Hypnotherapy For Depressive Disorder For Permanent Results
3. How To Handle Stress And Manage Avoidance
4. Easy Ways Of Managing Your Anxiety
5. Best Choices For Severe Depressive Management
6. Anxiety Management During Stress
7. Anxiety Management - Four Tricks You Can Start Using Today
8. Dry Rubbing And The Death Grip: Self-pleasuring Problems To Avoid
Author: John Dugan
9. Neck, Shoulder And Pain Management
Author: Mahesh Singh
10. Old Age Home Provides Love , Respect And ,carefree Life To Senior Citizens
Author: shiv ganga senior
11. Technology In Medical Industry
12. How Many Sessions For Tattoo Removal?
Author: hifza nauman
13. Where To Buy Phentermine 37.5 Mg Online In Oregon
14. Aromatic Revival Of Mind, Body And Soul With Therapeutic Massage
Author: Vicky Mamoria
15. 5 Ways Seniors Can Boost Their Energy
Author: Jane Doe