ALL >> Health >> View Article
Different Contraceptive Pills Available Today
Total Articles: 75
Ever wondered about the different contraceptive pills available today that can be used to avoid pregnancy?
As the debate about abortion goes on, companies all over the world are trying to invent more and more types of contraceptive pills to avoid the situation altogether. The available pills today are effective and definitely a better means of birth control rather than abortion. Take action before, not after- is the motto.
There are three different types of contraceptive pills available today. All these three type of pills help prevent abortion so that you do not have to worry about having a baby when you do not want it. Of course, prevention is better and taking any of these contraceptive pills can help you save the hassles you might have to face later on in case you become pregnant.
1. The first type of contraceptive pills available contain progestin hormone that has the ability to reduce the risk of pregnancy by 88%. The mini pill is a name for the progestogen-only pill, or POP. These pills have a reduced chance of causing side effects if they are used as a emergency contraception. Progestin containing pills available in the market are - Cerazette, Emin, Fermulen, Nora-Be, Ovrette. It also helps in painful periods.
2. The second type of pills are the Extended-Cycle Pills. These contraceptives avoid pregnancy and allow you to have periods only once in three months. For example, Lybrel. It stops your periods for over a period, but the downside is that you have to take it every day for that period without missing even one dose.
3. The third type are the combined pills. These contain hormone oestrogen and a synthetic form of the hormone progestogen. Most combined pills use the same form of oestrogen - ethinylestradiol - but different types of progestogens. Most combined pills come in 21 or 28 day packs. With a 21-day pack, all of them are active. You don't take any of them for the last 7 days of the cycle. Combined pills are also available in three different phase-types: monophasic, biphasic and triphasic.
Monophasic: All of them contain the same level of hormones. Pills available are Modicon, Mircette, Ovral, Portia, Seasonale. They have a good effect and function positively.
Biphasic: They contain two different doses of oestrogen and progestogen.
Triphasic: They contain three different doses of hormones. The dose changes every 7 days. Pills available are: Enpresse, TriNessa, Trivora, Velivet.
Do you know about EPOC Abortion Clinic? If not, click on the link!
Health Articles1. Male Organ Pain: Are Barrier Protections To Blame?
Author: John Dugan
2. Know About The Key Responsibilities Of A Healthcare Support Worker
Author: Paige Rees
3. Smilex - The Place For Getting The Best Solution For Dental Issues
Author: Mohan Kumar
4. The Easiest Guide Ever To Get Fit & Healthy
5. Span Sure Medical Instruments Pvt. Ltd., Korea Automatic Thermal Massage Bed - Suppliers
Author: spansure medical
6. Midwives Acquire Nursing And Midwifery Programs To Fulfill Big Responsibilities
7. Specialties And Steps Involved In Elective Abroad Medical And Pre Medical Programs
8. Clinically Proven Solutions For Hairloss!!! Unfortunately Less Known!!!
9. How To Treat Gum Disease?
Author: Chris Hugh
10. Ways To Find The Best Chiropody Clinic
Author: The Harley Medical Foot and Nail Laser Clinic Lond
11. How A Good Parent Helps A Childcare Western Sydney
Author: Colleen Grenville
12. Top 30 Signs And Symptoms Of Adrenal Fatigue
Author: Peter Dobie
13. Male Organ Pain After Oral Sensual Activity: Urethritis?
Author: John Dugan
14. The Growing Relevance Of Mobile Massage Services In Albuquerque
Author: Bernadette Gongora
15. Now Natural Cure For Diabetes Is In Your Fingertips
Author: Salveo Life Sciences Limited