ALL >> Internet-Marketing >> View Article
Common Misconceptions On Social Media Marketing Among Small Businesses
Total Articles: 5
Social media marketing has gained popularity in the industry today. However, people have some misconceptions on this way of marketing. In addition, they underestimate its value and importance.
This article, clarifies your common misconceptions on social media marketing.
Myth - Meant for teenagers:
People have a misconception that Facebook and Twitter are meant for college students and young adults. However, in the current business scenario, it is not the case - everyone is included in these sites without being limited to any specific age group. Twitter users mainly include working professionals and white collar workers. According to the Pew Internet - 72% of online adults are social media users.
Myth - It is costless:
This is not true. You can create your business's profile in these sites at no cost. However, there are direct and indirect costs to manage your brand in these sites to perform functions either in-house or by outsourcing. You need to allocate some budget on creation of videos, graphics and other assets to enhance your social media profiles. You may also need to pay for sponsored ads on these sites.
Myth - Simple and easy:
Most small business owners think that social media marketing is simple and easy. However, this is not so. It is not possible to get fans in one day. You need to keep on making a lot of effort, spend time and resources in order to build relationship with your customers. In order to get better results, you need to have commitment and consistency in delivering the services.
Myth - Social media marketing is meant only for marketing:
It is not only meant for marketing, but you can also use it for customer service, recruitment, product development, market validation, competitive analysis and so on.
Myth - Delivers immediate results:
Many small business owners have a misconception that social media marketing delivers immediate results. However, you will not get instant results. It is an on-going process; it takes time for people to trust in you. So, be consistent in providing services and responding to their queries and interests.
Myth - Need to employ young employees:
Though this way of marketing is a new area, it does not mean you need to employ young employees. There is no rule to hire the people based on their age. You may hire young, middle age or mature employees. The only thing that matters is how good they are at marketing in general and social media marketing, in dealing with the negative comments of customers, in analyzing and interpreting the data and so on.
SMB Corner started to share insightful and honest opinions, tips and issues on various topics related to small businesses. We create and publish various small business tips, small business news after rigorously analyzing the information for the usability of our visitors and SMB owners.
Internet Marketing Articles1. Start Couponing And Save Money At Gotmatter
Author: Naveen srinivas
2. Why Marketing Your Book Is Important
Author: John Fleming
3. Why Use Instagram To Promote Your Business
Author: Luke Lemke
4. Why Consider Instagram Over Twitter For Marketing Your Business
Author: Luke Lemke
5. 5 Ways To Improve User Engagement On Instagram
Author: Luke Lemke
6. Importance Of An Online Directory For The Construction Industry
Author: John Smith
7. Use The Important Investment Tips To Be More Benefitted
Author: David Johnson
8. Never Ignore These Mobile App Development Suggestions By Digital Marketing Companies
Author: kamlesh varma
9. Top 5 Reason To Hire Digital Marketing Company For Sme’s Business:
Author: Dusyant Kumar
10. The Prominent Uses Of Webcasting In Business Management
Author: Dreamcast UAE
11. It’s Time To Move From Local Stores To E-commerce Websites !
Author: Vijay solanki
12. 10 Reasons Why You Should Enlist Your Construction Business In Online Directory
13. Startup Consulting Firms – Coordination Is Important
Author: Script Technology
14. How To Select The Best Application For Card Processing System
Author: Styling Boostar
15. Brandzam: Unique Website Names At Affordable Prices
Author: parveen kumar