ALL >> Internet-Marketing >> View Article
Common Misconceptions On Social Media Marketing Among Small BusinessesBy Expert Author: Cliff M Curtis
Social media marketing has gained popularity in the industry today. However, people have some misconceptions on this way of marketing. In addition, they underestimate its value and importance.
This article, clarifies your common misconceptions on social media marketing.
Myth - Meant for teenagers:
People have a misconception that Facebook and Twitter are meant for college students and young adults. However, in the current business scenario, it is not the case - everyone is included in these sites without being limited to any specific age group. Twitter users mainly include working professionals and white collar workers. According to the Pew Internet - 72% of online adults are social media users.
Myth - It is costless:
This is not true. You can create your business's profile in these sites at no cost. However, there are direct and indirect costs to manage your brand in these sites to perform functions either in-house or by outsourcing. You need to allocate some budget on creation of videos, graphics and other assets to enhance your social media profiles. You may also need to pay for sponsored ads on these sites.
Myth - Simple and easy:
Most small business owners think that social media marketing is simple and easy. However, this is not so. It is not possible to get fans in one day. You need to keep on making a lot of effort, spend time and resources in order to build relationship with your customers. In order to get better results, you need to have commitment and consistency in delivering the services.
Myth - Social media marketing is meant only for marketing:
It is not only meant for marketing, but you can also use it for customer service, recruitment, product development, market validation, competitive analysis and so on.
Myth - Delivers immediate results:
Many small business owners have a misconception that social media marketing delivers immediate results. However, you will not get instant results. It is an on-going process; it takes time for people to trust in you. So, be consistent in providing services and responding to their queries and interests.
Myth - Need to employ young employees:
Though this way of marketing is a new area, it does not mean you need to employ young employees. There is no rule to hire the people based on their age. You may hire young, middle age or mature employees. The only thing that matters is how good they are at marketing in general and social media marketing, in dealing with the negative comments of customers, in analyzing and interpreting the data and so on.
SMB Corner started to share insightful and honest opinions, tips and issues on various topics related to small businesses. We create and publish various small business tips, small business news after rigorously analyzing the information for the usability of our visitors and SMB owners.
Internet Marketing Articles1. Web Hosting
2. What Is The Significance Of Using Keyword In Seo?
Author: Micheal Shawn
3. Things You Should Do While Using Social Media For Business
4. Simple Tips From Digital Marketing Services In Dallas To Increase Traffic
Author: Denny Clovis
5. How Seo Techniques Are Used &how It Is Works By Search Engine Optimization (seo)
6. Proxy Servers And Their Uses
Author: Edmund Brunetti
7. Benefits Of Social Logins For Your Ecommerce Website
8. Freelance Work Online | Add Any Project
Author: pushpa sowgandham
9. How To Select Digital Media Agency And Ensure Your Success?
Author: Karanveer Rawat
10. 7 Things To Know Before Outsourcing Creative Work To Any Web Design Company
Author: Saurabh Mishra
11. How Affiliate Tracking Application Helps Affiliate Marketers
Author: Arnab Dutta
12. Strategizing With Digital Marketing
Author: Vimalesh Vijayan
13. Tips To Earn The Needed Degrees In Different Prospective Fields Of Study
Author: Rocky Sheldon
14. Google Adwords Service Provider - Market Your Business With Google Adwords
15. Why You Need A Digital Marketing Consultant
Author: Dilate Digital tells why you need digitalmarketing