ALL >> Food,-Cooking-and-Drink >> View Article
Does Pasta Make You Fat?
Total Articles: 533
For several years, pasta has got a bad name for being a food that makes you fat. Do you think this is true? Italians are known for their inclination towards this food and they eat tons of it on a regular basis. So then how many overweight Italians you know or you have seen? The answer is very obvious not many! So what is the truth behind this concept? Does it really make you fat? In this article you will get to know the truth behind pasta and even the pasta sauce. It will also answer your question whether pasta really makes you fat or not?
What consists in Pasta?
It contains carbohydrates and like proteins, carbohydrates also contain four calories per gram. To show a clearer picture, fat consists of nine calories per gram and alcohol consists of seven calories per gram. Those foods that consist of carbohydrates are actually known for some of its lower calorie items that are available. On top of that pasta is prepared in a healthy manner as it’s boiled in water. You need to add salt to your water and a lot of people do that as it is known to be one of the best ways of cooking pasta. Even when you add salt the quantity is so minor that it actually can make a huge difference on the healthiness quotient of the pasta.
What do you get in the sauce?
In all likelihood, it’s the sauce which is added in the pasta which can make you fat. Let’s have a look at a popular kind of sauce- Alfredo Sauce. This sauce is so harmful that it can cause a heart attack in a bite. It is prepared by mixing milk, cream and cheese and all these ingredients contain huge amounts of saturated fat which leads to cardiovascular disease, stroke and even possibly death. Alfredo sauce consists of huge amounts of sodium which is really harmful for your health. Sodium can further lead to damage to the arteries, heart and chronic disease states. The water gets retained and you start feeling fat and even bloated. Apart from these health risks the milk,cream and cheese are loaded with fats and even calories. Instead of this sauce you can try the Arrabiata pasta sauce which is healthy and contains fewer amounts of fats too.
Pasta does not make you fat, it is the amount which you intake which is the culprit and even the sauce in which it is served to you which may cause the harm to you.
If you really like the pasta then always eat the pasta with the Arrabiata pasta sauce as it is tasty and very delicious too. You don’t have to worry about any health problems and it will also leave you feeling full. Have it and you will ask for more!
Food, Cooking and Drink Articles1. What Kind Of Vegetables Do You Want Slice Instead Of Junk Foods?
Author: Emory Carucci
2. Exploring Special American Steak Dishes Is No Big Deal In London
Author: Mathew Gomes
3. Oklahoma City Roofing- Choose The Right Material For Your Roof
Author: Fred Lydick
4. Professional Toronto Food Delivery – Ordering Quick And Easy
Author: Oliver Shin
5. Pre Or Post Workout Meals Toronto – Getting Healthy Food Is No More Difficult
Author: Oliver Shin
6. Explore Santa Rosa Restaurants In Different Way
Author: Todd Hedrick
7. Benefits Of Dark Chocolate | Bakers Fun
Author: Bakers Fun
8. Find Out The Reputable Online Water Suppliers To Obtain Purified Water
9. Food Delivery Toronto Service Can Be Your Savior Sometimes
Author: Oliver Shin
10. Ready Made Meals, Home Delivered By Dineamic
11. There Is Still Time To Get In The Halloween Spirit!
Author: Chris Ingallina
12. 5 Top Drinks To Try This Winter If You Are In Uk
Author: Lily Alvin
13. Food Truck Catering – Finger Food Perth Can Make Your Guests Satisfied In A Unique Way
Author: Michael Wickham
14. Craft Brews Get The Most Attention
Author: Tod Henry
15. The Importance Of Hiring A Qualified Los Angeles Event Planner
Author: Daniel Chapman