ALL >> Food,-Cooking-and-Drink >> View Article
Italian Cuisine Is More Than Pizza And Pasta
Total Articles: 533
Italian cuisine is not just about the pizza or the spaghetti. It is much more than that and the North Americans are well aware of it. It can actually be related to the French cuisine. There are several regions in Italy that have diverse interpretations of the dishes as there are characteristics for the Italian cooking which differentiates it from other Mediterranean food.
The Italian cuisine is not very fond of vegetarian food and several of its dishes make use of meat as their main and staple ingredient. There are regions like Umbria, Marche and Basilicata regions that are noted for their heavy usage of pork and even sausage in their main ingredients. Northern Italy is quiet famous for its use of bacon and the most exotic fare which is used in the island of Sardinia is wild boar and even the suckling pig is used widely over there. The rural regions of Italy also make use of the wide usage of mutton and even lamb.
The Italian cured meats which are usually referred to as “salami” is known all through the world. Beef, pork, veal and even the goat are used in several cured meats that are available in every Italian Kitchen. Salting, smoking, and even air drying are some of the different methods that are used in producing the mouth-watering creations and other food.
Cured Italian meats are divided in two main broad categories like there are that use the whole cuts of meat and then there are those that are grounded or are minced meat that are further stuffed into the casings. The prosciutto or culatello are some of the varieties of ham and bacon that comes in the first slot and sausages and salami come in to the second slot.
Cheese is known to be the staple diet and in France there are towns and streets that are named after famous cheeses. There are several kinds of cheeses like gorgonzola, taleggio, robiola and crescenza. The two varieties are known widely mozzarella and the real Parmigiano Reggiano are very much loved in the Italian pizzas and pasta cuisines. There are regions that are very much in vogue for the cheese available. They use buffalo milk for special flavors and it also makes excellent breads.
They also serve pizzas and pastas that have a unique flavor and the flavors have travelled across the world. The flavors give you the authentic taste of the country and the mixed herbs that are added in the food. Tomato and basil sauce is spiced up and it gives a tangy taste of the tomatoes.
You don’t have to be in Italy to taste the flavors of pizzas or pastas or the tomato basil sauce. They have become so famous that now you can have them anywhere in the world. So start eating and taste the deliciousness of Italian food.
Food, Cooking and Drink Articles1. What Kind Of Vegetables Do You Want Slice Instead Of Junk Foods?
Author: Emory Carucci
2. Exploring Special American Steak Dishes Is No Big Deal In London
Author: Mathew Gomes
3. Oklahoma City Roofing- Choose The Right Material For Your Roof
Author: Fred Lydick
4. Professional Toronto Food Delivery – Ordering Quick And Easy
Author: Oliver Shin
5. Pre Or Post Workout Meals Toronto – Getting Healthy Food Is No More Difficult
Author: Oliver Shin
6. Explore Santa Rosa Restaurants In Different Way
Author: Todd Hedrick
7. Benefits Of Dark Chocolate | Bakers Fun
Author: Bakers Fun
8. Find Out The Reputable Online Water Suppliers To Obtain Purified Water
9. Food Delivery Toronto Service Can Be Your Savior Sometimes
Author: Oliver Shin
10. Ready Made Meals, Home Delivered By Dineamic
11. There Is Still Time To Get In The Halloween Spirit!
Author: Chris Ingallina
12. 5 Top Drinks To Try This Winter If You Are In Uk
Author: Lily Alvin
13. Food Truck Catering – Finger Food Perth Can Make Your Guests Satisfied In A Unique Way
Author: Michael Wickham
14. Craft Brews Get The Most Attention
Author: Tod Henry
15. The Importance Of Hiring A Qualified Los Angeles Event Planner
Author: Daniel Chapman