ALL >> Family >> View Article
How To Deal With Anxiety Stricken Pets?
Total Articles: 6
It is but natural for anybody to feel anxious when they relocate to an unknown place. It is the same with animals too. They too go through anxiety which is expressed through their behaviour. At first, your puppy crying at night and doing weird things during the day may seem annoying to you. However, as a pet owner it is your responsibility to help your puppy get over these emotions in a healthy way and help him to get accustomed to its new home and all the family members. A little patience and loving care for your new pet can help you bond together build a strong life long relationship.
Tips To Help Your Pet Cope in Its New Home
Anxiety is the most common thing you will notice in a new pet when you bring it home. Therefore, your first task is to help your pet get over its puppy anxiety and adjust to the new environment. Don’t be harsh if your pet keeps whining or goes hiding somewhere. Frequently stroke gently to comfort the puppy. Try to play with the puppy even if it doesn’t respond because eventually it will. Don’t introduce your pet to too many people on the first day. Keep him indoors at night, close to where you can hear and check on him.
Tips to Make Your Pet Feel At Home
One way to help your pet feel at home is to give him a space of his own so create a personal space for your pet. If you are planning to use a crate, then make the crate warm and soft. You can keep a small pet toy. Keep a bowl of water close to the crate for your dog to drink. For the initial few days, keep the crate where there is less movement of family members, because dog anxiety is quite common among new dogs when there are too many people around. If you have other pets at home, then keep your new pup away from them.
Creating Personal Space for Your Pet
Everybody loves to have their own personal space and so do animals. That is why it is very important to create a personal space for your pet. Although cats are often left free to move around, it is essential to provide an outdoor cathouse for your cat so that it can return to its space for a nap without having to disturb you. It should be flexible enough to allow your pet to walk in and out. Make sure to keep its house clean.
This article written by an expert author behalf of Petzpodz.com. Petzpodz.com is UK’s largest online pet homes provider website. You can find here Chicken House Run, Cats Carriers, Outdoor cathouse etc at affordable price.
Family Articles1. Tips To Choose The Right Life Partner
Author: Abhimanyu Singh
2. Should You Hire A Nanny?
Author: alma milerr
3. Assess The Help Of A Caregiver
Author: Alma miller
4. How Efficient Is An Online Matrimony In India?
5. Express Your Feelings With The Finest Flowers
6. Vacation Deals Guideline - What To Appearance For Inside Family Holidays
Author: Ross Barkely
7. Telugu Marriage | Matrimonial Sites In India | Marriage Beuro Telugu
8. Is It Time To Hire Childcare Provider?
Author: alma miller
9. The Aged Care Sunshine Coast Offer Best Home Care Packages For The Elderly To Lead An Independent Li
10. 7 Best Useful Tips To Find Your Life Partner
11. Environmental Allergy: A Complete Overview Of This Health Issue In Dogs
Author: Jennifer Miller
12. Absorb More Vitamin C With Now Vitamin C Powder!
Author: Owen Thomson
13. 5 Days Of Diwali 2017
Author: Pooja Joshi
14. Emma’s Diary India Explain What To Eat During Pregnancy
15. Elder Health Care And Senior Citizen Homes Facilities Provided By Ngos
Author: kanan james