ALL >> Web-Design >> View Article
How Useful Is Web Content Management System In The Management Of A Website’s Content?
Total Articles: 8
With practically everybody using the Internet, corporate websites have become very popular and commonplace for all types of business, whether small or large. Businesses have realized the importance of a website in helping them to communicate with their customers about their products and services. Therefore, a need for a well-designed website with well-maintained content is required. Plus, as the areas of the content need to be added and updated quite regularly because of the dynamic nature of prevailing businesses, a versatile system that can help maintain websites is required.
Web content management system (WCMS) is such a system that enables content contributors to create new web pages and update them easily, irrespective of the size of the content.It is a software system that offers tools for authoring, collaborating and administrating a website. This type of system can be used by both technical and non-technical people as it requires very little knowledge of programming. A WCMS can be used by multiple authors at the same time. It is like a website maintenance tool that can be used by non-technical staff.
A WCMS comprises of the following features.
• Automated templates – This helps to maintain uniformity in the appearance of both fresh and existing content from a central location, automatically.
• Scalable development –This is the capability of a WCMS to extend one installation on a server across several domains.
• Access control – This feature ensures that only authorized users can access a web page.
• Easy installation – Quite a few of the WMCS software offer plug-ins that can be easily installed to increase the functionality of a website.
• Multiple users –A WMCS may act as a platform that enables one or many authorized users to retrieve and work on content at the same time.
• Management of workflow - A WMCS also has the ability to create sequential and parallel tasks that must be accomplished to publish content.
• Editable content – The content in a WCMS can be edited quickly and easily.
• Multilingual content – Another feature of a WMCS is its capability to display content in different languages.
• Content distribution – A WCMS has the ability to distribute content via RSS and Atom data to other systems.
• Versioning – A WCMS also offers versioning that can be used by an editor to keep track of different versions of their work. It is especially useful for content that requires frequent updating.
• Publishing engine – It offers a publishing engine that permits created or updated content to be made available to visitors of a website.
A WCMS is an easy to use and simple system that allows you to control and manage content within your website, without any technical training. It is a great system for users without any programming or HTML knowledge. A WMCS is especially useful for those companies that find it very difficult to keep the content of their websites up-to-date. It also requires very little time to publish the content and thus, the content is made available to a visitor faster.A2i Web Solutions | Web Development
Web Design Articles1. Importance Of Website Development Is A Necessity For Business
Author: Kartik Kumar
2. Wordpress Företagshemsida
Author: Wordpress Företagshemsida
3. 4 Key Advantages Of Choosing Custom Web Application Development Services
Author: Divya Sharma
4. Promote Your Brand Online With Excellent Web Design By Word Press Development Company India
Author: Ashutosh Tiwari
5. Role And Importance Of A Website In Business Development At Present Times
Author: Glenn Arnold
6. Decisions That Could Be Powerful Enough For Expanding Your Business Globally
Author: Glenn Arnold
7. A Secured Way To Develop And Expand Your Business Across The Globe
Author: Glenn Arnold
8. Tricks To Get Familiar With The Best Site Developers Online
Author: Louis Harris
9. Web Design Agency Dubai Is Your One Stop Shop To Make Successful Business Presence Online
Author: 1CallGroup Solutions
10. Enlighten Your Business With Creative Web Design
Author: Marsweb solution
11. 5 Website Design Tips To Create A Visual Treat
Author: Michael Clark
12. Uship Clone Script Help You To Find The Right Way For Your Online Business Portal
Author: sawati rawat
13. Pros & Cons Of Using Magento As Your E-commerce Platform
Author: Mahendra Raulo
14. Boost Your Brand’s Social Visibility
Author: Swastik Singh
15. How To Select The Smartest Mobile App Developers For Your Brand
Author: Rony Sneijder