ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Controlling A Flying Pest - Pigeons
Total Articles: 37
Pigeons may be pretty to look at but they can create some real problems around your home. Not only can they actually damage your home, but they can also pose a health threat to everyone inside and outside your home.
What’s the Problem?
Pigeons may not seem like a huge issue, but if you have been in Phoenix long, you have to realize that there are thousands of them here, and an invasion of your home just is not something you can tolerate.
Pigeon droppings contain uric acid, and once it drops on the surface of your home, it can eat through the paint. Painted surfaces and awnings around your home are all at risk if the pigeons decide to live at your house. Once the droppings are dried, though, your worries aren’t over. Dried droppings can contain diseases that may be a serious risk to your health or that of your family. What’s more, though, is that pigeons carry fleas, ticks, mites, and even lice to your property every single time they arrive, making it more important than ever that you deal with them as soon as possible.
Pigeon Control Methods
There are several ways to control the pigeons around your home. You can use a deterrent method to making roosting near your home a fairly uncomfortable process. There are a couple of different ways to do this. In some cases, you’ll need to install wires at different heights. Bird spikes can usually accomplish the same goal.
The advantages of these methods is that they’re fairly easy to install and they’re eco-friendly because they have no lasting impact. They also typically don’t cause a lot of damage to your building. They’re far from perfect, though. It’s hard to control a large population with this method, and they may be ineffective if there are any gaps or holes in your overall defense.
You could also use pesticides to control pigeons, but like other methods of control, that comes with its own drawbacks. It’s possible to hurt other species while you’re trying to control the pigeons. If you don’t know what you’re doing, you could also endanger your own health or that of your family as you try to keep the pigeons out with this method. Finally, it’s a fairly limited method of dealing with these creatures, and it doesn’t always work.
Wondering what your best bet might be? Professional pest control services. They can come out and evaluate your problem. If it’s not too bad yet, they may have some suggestions that would help eliminate your current population. If it’s already grown to an enormous, overwhelming issue, they’ll also likely have the most effective removal means possible at their disposal.
Pigeons aren’t something you want to fight with around your home, but if you’re already dealing with that issue, contact a Phoenix exterminator today for additional help.
Article Source: Invader.net
Home and Garden Articles1. Are Reviews Enough To Know About Moving Companies In New York
Author: Michael Holden
2. How To Make Your Badkamer Renovatie Most Cost Effective
Author: Brian Miller
3. Selecting Bathroom Floor And Wall Tiles
Author: Bath & Tile
4. 4 Reasons To Use Eco-friendly Building Materials
Author: Chris Jenkin
5. Organizing Restaurant`s Booth Seating And Getting Booth Reupholstery
6. Quality Manufacturer Of Restaurant Booth
7. Learn The Process Of Choosing And Organizing Restaurant Booth Seating
8. How To Use Creative Ideas To Make Your Restaurant More Unique
9. Purchasing Good Quality Restaurant Booths
10. Add A Decorative Accent To Your Home With Bamboo Blinds
Author: Julie Valencia
11. The Budget Interior Designers In Bangalore Make Your Dream Home Come True
12. Some Tips To Remove Popcorn In Miami Without More Trouble
Author: Jacob Ethan
13. Basic Information Of Roofing
Author: Roofing 2000
14. Caring For Your Bathroom And Sanitary Ware
15. Why Sod Installation Is An Effective Way Of Making Lawn Or Garden
Author: Anu Walia