ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Controlling A Flying Pest - PigeonsBy Author: Fred Willey
Pigeons may be pretty to look at but they can create some real problems around your home. Not only can they actually damage your home, but they can also pose a health threat to everyone inside and outside your home.
What’s the Problem?
Pigeons may not seem like a huge issue, but if you have been in Phoenix long, you have to realize that there are thousands of them here, and an invasion of your home just is not something you can tolerate.
Pigeon droppings contain uric acid, and once it drops on the surface of your home, it can eat through the paint. Painted surfaces and awnings around your home are all at risk if the pigeons decide to live at your house. Once the droppings are dried, though, your worries aren’t over. Dried droppings can contain diseases that may be a serious risk to your health or that of your family. What’s more, though, is that pigeons carry fleas, ticks, mites, and even lice to your property every single time they arrive, making it more important than ever that you deal with them as soon as possible.
Pigeon Control Methods
There are several ways to control the pigeons around your home. You can use a deterrent method to making roosting near your home a fairly uncomfortable process. There are a couple of different ways to do this. In some cases, you’ll need to install wires at different heights. Bird spikes can usually accomplish the same goal.
The advantages of these methods is that they’re fairly easy to install and they’re eco-friendly because they have no lasting impact. They also typically don’t cause a lot of damage to your building. They’re far from perfect, though. It’s hard to control a large population with this method, and they may be ineffective if there are any gaps or holes in your overall defense.
You could also use pesticides to control pigeons, but like other methods of control, that comes with its own drawbacks. It’s possible to hurt other species while you’re trying to control the pigeons. If you don’t know what you’re doing, you could also endanger your own health or that of your family as you try to keep the pigeons out with this method. Finally, it’s a fairly limited method of dealing with these creatures, and it doesn’t always work.
Wondering what your best bet might be? Professional pest control services. They can come out and evaluate your problem. If it’s not too bad yet, they may have some suggestions that would help eliminate your current population. If it’s already grown to an enormous, overwhelming issue, they’ll also likely have the most effective removal means possible at their disposal.
Pigeons aren’t something you want to fight with around your home, but if you’re already dealing with that issue, contact a Phoenix exterminator today for additional help.
Article Source: Invader.net
Home and Garden Articles1. Should I Replace My Entry Door?
Author: Mary Morris
2. Best Range Of Gas Cook Tops
3. Slab Leak Repair In The Easiest And Most Efficient Way
4. Top Reasons To Opt For Professional Window Glass Replacement In Chicago
Author: Russell Rabin
5. Pool Remodeling- Getting A New And Wonderful Pool For Your Home In Charleston
Author: David Smith
6. Everything You Should Know About Services In End Of Lease Cleaning
Author: Karanveer Rawat
7. Steps To Take Before You Buy A Mowing Franchise: Businesses For Sale
Author: Phil Maunder
8. Classic Design Of Venetian Blinds Giving Flexible Control Of Light And Privacy
Author: Joseph Zammit
9. The Biggest Home Furnishing Trends Of 2017 That Will Rule Your Home
Author: Nupur Tiwari
10. Architecture Design Ideas That Influence Modern Lifestyles
Author: Saloni Sharma
11. Waterproofing Of Timber Structures
Author: Matthew Lavitov
12. Top Small Business Opportunities In Australia
Author: karanveer rawat
13. A Special Guide To Buy The Solid Oak Furniture Of Best Quality
Author: Alain Murphy
14. How To Keep Your Ceramic Tile Floor Clean & Attractive
Author: Mike Aurtho
15. How Services Related To Water Damage Repair Are Helpful For Homes
Author: Lionale Donald