ALL Ľ Art >> View Article
Handy Tips And Advices For IllustratorsBy Expert Author: Lipstick Illustration
There is more to being an illustrator than the ability to churn out aesthetically pleasing work. Here are a few golden nuggets of advice to help you get your illustration career on the fast track.
Decide whether youíre going to go freelance or hire an agent.
The benefits of hiring an agent are quite considerable and when you find that you no longer have it in you to do all the legwork, an agent will certainly come in handy. With a bit of research, youíll be able to find an agent that works with what youíre trying to do. One caveat, however: illustrators agency charge a fee and will take a significant chunk of your earnings for their commission. Donít be afraid to negotiate but donít lowball. Discuss all possible details and go over the contract with a fine-toothed comb.
Get ready to network.
No matter how good your portfolio is, youíre not likely to get any work if nobody gets to see it. When youíre in the market for new clients, the easiest thing to do is go online and look for companies that look like theyíre in need of an illustrator. You may ask your existing network for any leads, as well. Once youíve found a few clients that seem promising, the next step is to get in touch with them.
It pays to be courteous and when you do call a potential client, be polite. You might even want to attend exhibits and the like in the hopes of bumping into leads or rubbing elbows with someone who might want to hire you.
Have a carefully curated portfolio.
It may seem much easier to compile all the work youíve ever done in one folder or disc but this might not work out for you in the long run. You must take great care when picking out the work thatíll be included in your portfolio as well as the format itíll be in. Your best bet in terms of format will be printed output since this will be a foolproof way to make sure your future client will see your work sans any technical issues. When it comes to storing your work, you may want to spend a little more money on a nice portfolio as opposed to a plastic one as it shows that you are committed to your craft.
Pick work that you feel is your strongest and are the best representations of yourself. Leave lackluster projects out to avoid giving your potential clients the idea that you arenít consistent when it comes to producing impeccable work. You may also choose to have your portfolio stored in the cloud but as with physical portfolios, donít allow the quality to flag. Remember to keep it updated at all times.
These are but 3 of the many tips that you can be given but with these basics, you are sure to be on your way to a fulfilling career as an illustrator. If you maintain your workís quality and have passion for the job, you get to do what you love and get paid for it, too.
Lipstick Illustration represents an outstanding London illustration agencies, UK and internationally. Please visit http://www.lipstickillustration.com to find the most exciting talent to create the perfect illustrations.
Art Articles1. Colucci Shares With Young Adults The Keys To Success In Everything
2. Add An Authentic Beauty To Your Home: Indian Handicrafts
Author: Pradeep N
3. Aquel Alquiler De Coche En Alicante Que Se Afrecha Cabe Ese Relato
Author: Selma Becnel
4. Un Alquiler Coches Baratos Madrid Retalla Este Paseo EmplŠstico
Author: Florine Bardsley
5. Plan Approval For B Khata Loan & Construction, Bbmp, B Form Home Loan Apply 9739667778
6. The International Comic Arts Forum
7. Twm Agency Ink And Tsunami Worldwide Media Announces New Clients
Author: 1888 PressRelease
8. The Drone Filming Services Can Help Document Work In Progress From Higher Altitudes
9. Customized Printable Calendar To Manage The Time
Author: : I mostly miss out the important meetings in offi
10. Find The Best Photographer Directory
11. Find Best Kunstdrucke From Online Gallery In Competitive Rates
12. The Online Gallery Is Your One Stop Shop To Find Wonderful Collection Of Schlafzimmer Bilder
13. Helping Kids To Improve Foundation Skills For Better Future
Author: Isabella Jones
14. Learn Piano For Your Own Mental Upliftment
Author: Carl Dukes
15. Piano Restoration Ė How To Care For Your Piano
Author: Carl Dukes