ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
New Survey Reveals 2014 Bathroom Trends Lead By Clean, Functional Design
Total Articles: 19
Updates to traditional bathrooms are fast rising. A growing trend in bathroom renovation projects focus on clean modern edge. Experts agree that many homeowners are moving away from posh design and making way to sleek and clean minimalistic design.
Results from the National Kitchen and Bath Association Design Trends Survey show most bathroom renovations in 2014 are leaning toward exuding the refreshing and relaxing atmosphere of a spa; Zen-like as the industry has dubbed it. Homeowners also now give more importance to easy access, low maintenance bathrooms. Contemporary design is also trending, according to the over 400 bathroom design and renovation experts all over the United States and Canada who were respondents to the survey.
As reflected in most modern homes, contemporary bathroom aesthetics matter now more than ever. The "less is more" principle is becoming increasingly popular, coupled with a fresh, new perspective on bathroom hardware and essentials. A modern bathroom is likely to have either porcelain or ceramic flooring. Linen storage cabinets and vanity tops made of quartz will be the fastest selling.
The traditional way of decorating or designing the bathroom is also changing. The lesser, cleaner and more subtle the items are, the better. Beige and shades of gray – from fixtures to faucets – will be dominating the color scheme department. White will emerge as the biggest winner while black will be the least preferred bathroom color.
For nearly all-white, minimalist bathrooms, a sleek chandelier will give the room the appropriate volume. For most homes, LED lights are a top selection. Bathroom essentials are just as important to achieve the overall "less is more" look. Hardware and fixtures that are functional and stylish do the trick.
Keeping things simple, bathroom renovation projects can make good use of the functional yet stylish shower curtain rings from Hooks & Rings. The nickel-plated brass and stainless steel metal roller ring hooks are a great addition to unique bathroom hardware. Not only are these shower curtain rings decorative; they are also durable and friction-free, such that they glide easily on shower curtain rods.
Luxury and sophistication can be achieved by stylish and functional without too much visual clutter. Modern bathrooms are perfect examples of how this new principle bathroom trend is achieved.
Hooks & Rings is a Foster City, California-based seller of shower curtain rings made of stainless steel with ball bearings. Started in 2013, the company is committed to providing each customer with the highest standard of customer service. Hooks & Rings gives 10% of every dollar from proceeds before taxes to educational and charitable purposes.
Paul Aysen is a graphic designer in Kansas and writes for online publications on various topics such home and bath remodeling.
Home and Garden Articles1. How To Rid Your Front Loading Washing Machine Of Mold
Author: Daniel Royale
2. Affordable And Reliable Plumbing Services In California
Author: Jack Ronald
3. Avoiding Glass Balustrade Breakages- Tips By Glass Balustrading Sydney
Author: John Carlos
4. Contact Bond Cleaning Perth For Professional Cleaning Services
5. Little Tricks To Achieve The Best Results In Domestic Cleaning Services
Author: Louis Gibbs
6. End Of Lease Cleaners Melbourne Guarantee Full Bond Amount Return For The Tenants
7. Reasons Why You Should Rely On New Home Builders Of Port Lincoln
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
8. Importance Of Plumbing Services For A Hassle Free Living
Author: Kelly M. Russum
9. How To Maintain Kitchen Mixer?
Author: Andrew Howard
10. Finding Unique Storage Thoughts For Your Kitchen Cabinets
Author: Robert J. Lewis
11. Design Ideas For Aging In place
Author: Mary Morris
12. Use Lb-3000 Compact Bowl Scale To Measure The Weight With Utmost Precision
Author: Nug Brand
13. Benefits Of Hiring Professional Painting Contractors For Exterior Painting
Author: Anu Radha
14. Walk-in Bathtubs: A Great Safe & Accessible Solution
15. 4 Regular House Maintenance Tips From Expert
Author: Nicholas Kashiwagi