ALL >> Internet-Marketing >> View Article
Why Is It Important To Use Simple Words In Place Of Complex Words?
Total Articles: 12
A very simple answer to this question is, simple words are easy to understand, whereas complex words are hard to understand. Readers like to read content that is written in a simple language and easy to understand.
Use of complex words in your content has many disadvantages; here are a few of them.
• Readers do not appreciate words that are hard to understand
When you write a piece of content, you need to be very clear on who your audiences are and will they be able to understand your content easily. For your audiences to understand your content, you need to use simple words so that the reader gets to know your point of view and he/she may be interested in reading your content in future too.
Readers get frustrated if they come across many complex words in your content. Just because you are thorough with English and you know complex words, doesn't mean that reader will know the meaning of the words you have used.
Online readers unlike print readers don't read word to word. More importantly, they don't have time to go to dictionary and learn the meanings of all the words you used.
At times your writing demands the use of complex words; otherwise you are not able to deliver the right message. Like in technical writing or legal writing, you can use technical terms. It is unavoidable. Make it a point to use complex words as less as possible in your writing.
• Better to use words that are simple and commonly used
Make it a habit to use simple and commonly used words in your content. The more you use simple words, the better. Write in a way that comes naturally to you and that keeps your readers interested. Usually people understand and remember familiar words than the sophisticated or complex words.
Here are a few complex words along with simple alternatives:
Instead of 'assistance' you can use 'help', 'begin' instead of 'commence', 'as per' instead of 'in accordance with', 'issue' instead of 'promulgate', 'use' instead of 'utilize', etc. You can take help of thesaurus or dictionary to find simpler alternatives.
Use simple words as much as you can. Do not try to impress your readers with complex words - simple is better. Simple words help you express or convey your message clearly to the readers. Choose words that will effectively convey your ideas and give clarity to your message.
Marvist Consulting LLC offers small business Internet marketing services across the USA. Internet marketing strategy services from Marvist Consulting are aimed to help you build online credibility, generate business leads & enable revenue generation. Since establishment in 2005, Marvist has earned the goodwill of clients by its uncompromising commitment to business values while delivering expert services.
Internet Marketing Articles1. Best Digital Marketing Agency In London: Offering Marketing & Crucial Brand Strategy Support
Author: James Belly
2. Infomedia Services - Gearbox Manufacturers In Coimbatore
3. How To Optimize For Voice Search: Seo Techniques For Voice Search
Author: Christopher Scott
4. Best E-commerce Websites In Australia
Author: Jawahar choubey
5. What Is The Importance Of Digital Marketing?
Author: Morgan Petrick
6. 5 Seo Mistakes To Avoid
Author: Arun Mohan
7. How To Promote Your Business| likes For Facebook, views For Youtube, likes For Instagram :social Kin
Author: Social King Online Advertising
8. Digital Marketing Company To Promote Your Online Business
Author: ponting brown
9. What Is A Website Content Strategy? How To Develop It?
Author: Web Click India
10. School Bus Tracking System | Rfid Attendance, Camera, Sos
11. Florida Seo Company Services For Ethical Seo And Competitor Monitoring
Author: Ian Maxwell
12. Integrating Social Brand And Performance Data
Author: Jonathan Henshaw, Social Media Executive
13. A Proper Guide To Gain Maximum Visibility For Your Linkedin Profile
Author: Deepanjan Goswami
14. Java Users Email List
Author: martin soe
15. How To Increase Online Visibility Of Business
Author: Mark Silvester