ALL >> Internet-Marketing >> View Article
Why Is It Important To Use Simple Words In Place Of Complex Words?
Total Articles: 12
A very simple answer to this question is, simple words are easy to understand, whereas complex words are hard to understand. Readers like to read content that is written in a simple language and easy to understand.
Use of complex words in your content has many disadvantages; here are a few of them.
• Readers do not appreciate words that are hard to understand
When you write a piece of content, you need to be very clear on who your audiences are and will they be able to understand your content easily. For your audiences to understand your content, you need to use simple words so that the reader gets to know your point of view and he/she may be interested in reading your content in future too.
Readers get frustrated if they come across many complex words in your content. Just because you are thorough with English and you know complex words, doesn't mean that reader will know the meaning of the words you have used.
Online readers unlike print readers don't read word to word. More importantly, they don't have time to go to dictionary and learn the meanings of all the words you used.
At times your writing demands the use of complex words; otherwise you are not able to deliver the right message. Like in technical writing or legal writing, you can use technical terms. It is unavoidable. Make it a point to use complex words as less as possible in your writing.
• Better to use words that are simple and commonly used
Make it a habit to use simple and commonly used words in your content. The more you use simple words, the better. Write in a way that comes naturally to you and that keeps your readers interested. Usually people understand and remember familiar words than the sophisticated or complex words.
Here are a few complex words along with simple alternatives:
Instead of 'assistance' you can use 'help', 'begin' instead of 'commence', 'as per' instead of 'in accordance with', 'issue' instead of 'promulgate', 'use' instead of 'utilize', etc. You can take help of thesaurus or dictionary to find simpler alternatives.
Use simple words as much as you can. Do not try to impress your readers with complex words - simple is better. Simple words help you express or convey your message clearly to the readers. Choose words that will effectively convey your ideas and give clarity to your message.
Marvist Consulting LLC offers small business Internet marketing services across the USA. Internet marketing strategy services from Marvist Consulting are aimed to help you build online credibility, generate business leads & enable revenue generation. Since establishment in 2005, Marvist has earned the goodwill of clients by its uncompromising commitment to business values while delivering expert services.
Internet Marketing Articles1. Search Engine Submission Is An Important Tool For Search Engine Optimization
Author: Vikash Sinha
2. Global Connected Car Market Segmentation
Author: Shivani Singh
3. Common Misconceptions People Have About Remarketing
Author: Web Click India
4. Aspects Of Graphic Design
5. 5 Advantages Of Outsourcing Ppc Management Services
Author: Lee Bruce
6. Seo Services In Gurgaon
Author: gaurav dubey
7. Global Workflow Automation Market
Author: Shivani Singh
8. Use Facebook Business Marketing To Build Your Brand
Author: Hemant Jadhav
9. Digital Marketing Is Essential Ingredient For Success In Modern Business World
Author: Kristen Taylor
10. Effective Strategies Adopted By Leading Seo Company India
Author: Sanjay Burman
11. 5 Seo Strategies Every Business Leader Must Understand
Author: Solicitous Solutions
12. How To Boost Your Seo With Google Adwords
Author: Neha sharma
13. 5 Ideas On How To Use Social Media Wall At Weddings
Author: Alex Watts
14. Bitcoin Investment | Bitcoin Course | Digital Currency | Bitcoin Seminar - Satoshi Global
Author: Himansu PAtni
15. How To Find Out More About Graphics Design Impacts?
Author: Matthew Gary