ALL >> Internet-Marketing >> View Article
Why Is It Important To Use Simple Words In Place Of Complex Words?By Expert Author: Nancy R Jones
A very simple answer to this question is, simple words are easy to understand, whereas complex words are hard to understand. Readers like to read content that is written in a simple language and easy to understand.
Use of complex words in your content has many disadvantages; here are a few of them.
• Readers do not appreciate words that are hard to understand
When you write a piece of content, you need to be very clear on who your audiences are and will they be able to understand your content easily. For your audiences to understand your content, you need to use simple words so that the reader gets to know your point of view and he/she may be interested in reading your content in future too.
Readers get frustrated if they come across many complex words in your content. Just because you are thorough with English and you know complex words, doesn't mean that reader will know the meaning of the words you have used.
Online readers unlike print readers don't read word to word. More importantly, they don't have time to go to dictionary and learn the meanings of all the words you used.
At times your writing demands the use of complex words; otherwise you are not able to deliver the right message. Like in technical writing or legal writing, you can use technical terms. It is unavoidable. Make it a point to use complex words as less as possible in your writing.
• Better to use words that are simple and commonly used
Make it a habit to use simple and commonly used words in your content. The more you use simple words, the better. Write in a way that comes naturally to you and that keeps your readers interested. Usually people understand and remember familiar words than the sophisticated or complex words.
Here are a few complex words along with simple alternatives:
Instead of 'assistance' you can use 'help', 'begin' instead of 'commence', 'as per' instead of 'in accordance with', 'issue' instead of 'promulgate', 'use' instead of 'utilize', etc. You can take help of thesaurus or dictionary to find simpler alternatives.
Use simple words as much as you can. Do not try to impress your readers with complex words - simple is better. Simple words help you express or convey your message clearly to the readers. Choose words that will effectively convey your ideas and give clarity to your message.
Marvist Consulting LLC offers small business Internet marketing services across the USA. Internet marketing strategy services from Marvist Consulting are aimed to help you build online credibility, generate business leads & enable revenue generation. Since establishment in 2005, Marvist has earned the goodwill of clients by its uncompromising commitment to business values while delivering expert services.
Internet Marketing Articles1. Web Hosting
2. What Is The Significance Of Using Keyword In Seo?
Author: Micheal Shawn
3. Things You Should Do While Using Social Media For Business
4. Simple Tips From Digital Marketing Services In Dallas To Increase Traffic
Author: Denny Clovis
5. How Seo Techniques Are Used &how It Is Works By Search Engine Optimization (seo)
6. Proxy Servers And Their Uses
Author: Edmund Brunetti
7. Benefits Of Social Logins For Your Ecommerce Website
8. Freelance Work Online | Add Any Project
Author: pushpa sowgandham
9. How To Select Digital Media Agency And Ensure Your Success?
Author: Karanveer Rawat
10. 7 Things To Know Before Outsourcing Creative Work To Any Web Design Company
Author: Saurabh Mishra
11. How Affiliate Tracking Application Helps Affiliate Marketers
Author: Arnab Dutta
12. Strategizing With Digital Marketing
Author: Vimalesh Vijayan
13. Tips To Earn The Needed Degrees In Different Prospective Fields Of Study
Author: Rocky Sheldon
14. Google Adwords Service Provider - Market Your Business With Google Adwords
15. Why You Need A Digital Marketing Consultant
Author: Dilate Digital tells why you need digitalmarketing