ALL >> Family >> View Article
Can Kindergarten Games Online Help Prepare Them For School?
Total Articles: 14
It does not matter how old your child is or whether your child is already in school or headed that way, you want to do everything in your power to help ensure their success.
Our society has evolved into the digital age, and now many parents refer to educational online gaming communities as a way of enhancing those essential skills. However the question remains, can all of those online gaming “playgrounds” give your student the skills they needs to succeed? Can they actually help?
What the Research Says . . .
It may seem counter-intuitive, but study after study has shown that online games are actually good for both kids and adults. A 2012 University of Wisconsin study suggested that video games change the brain for the better, allowing for more creativity and better decision making skills. Results like those certainly don’t stand alone in the world of research.
An American Psychological Association study said that games can boost a child’s learning, along with his or her health and social skills. Even many classroom surveys among teachers and other professionals suggest that online games have a place in skill development.
What Common Sense Says…
Despite the research, parents are not quite as ready to trade in traditional learning methods for more progressive, modern ways of learning. Instead, they often believe that time spent playing video games is likely time wasted.
While those learning methods of yesteryear certainly have a place and time, it seems that the right video games are the perfect way to help your child achieve the skills he or she needs to start kindergarten and move on to the next grade level. That is not to say, though, that there should not be limits placed on the new gaming-learning world. Your child should not be spending every free moment in front of a screen, and you should be selective of what you let your little one rely on, when learning to read and write.
Choosing the Right Games…
It’s important to note that not all games you present to your child are going to help with the skills he or she needs for school. You want to look for the perfect mix of learning and fun, as well as something that can offer you updated progress reports to see where your child might need some additional help. Kindergarten games online have to be carefully chosen and monitored to get the best possible results for your child.
Enter ClickN KIDS. A fun way to learn online and make sure your child is getting the help he or she needs with reading, phonics, and spelling, this is the perfect software solution to meet your child’s needs before kindergarten, after, and even beyond.
Article Source: ClickN KIDS
Family Articles1. How To Spend A Day With Your Family At The Beach?
2. Using Benefits Of Humidifier For Babies
Author: Syed tutul
3. Avail Respite Care Sunshine Coast To Take A Break From Your Elderly Care
4. Simple Bits Of Advice On Assisted Living
Author: Nora Fatehi
5. The Aged Care Sunshine Coast Services Offer Quality Lifestyle For The Elderly
6. The 24 Hour Care Sunshine Coast Offer Best Home Care Programs For The Elderly
7. Hire Reliable And Capable Live In Caregiver Through A Professional Agency
8. Professional Agency For Nannies Or Caregivers: How They Can Help You
9. Advantages And Disadvantages Of Appointing A Live-in Caregiver
10. Baby Gears: Recommendations For Rookies
Author: Bob Smith
11. The Respite Care Sunshine Coast Allows Family Careers To Take A Break From Elderly Care
12. Tips To Care Your Newborn Babys
Author: ashutosh Ashu
13. Relationship Compatibility – Harmony Is So Very Important
Author: Rose Caiola
14. Shopping For Your Kitty? Avoid These Mistakes
Author: Emma B
15. Top 10 - Family Friendly Holidays In Slovenia
Author: Jacob Barry