ALL >> Sports >> View Article
Revolutionary Volleyball Training Approach
Total Articles: 167
Introduction to Volleyball Skills
The 4 corners of the volleyball court provide enough challenge for ballers to play intelligently. Each player must possess the correct skill to match up with their opponents - maintaining the true spirit competition. A combination of this skill will sum up to a successful play that can be appreciated by volleyball players and fans.
Serving is used to start the play. It is done by swing an arm into the ball, sending it over the net, and into the opponent's court.
Another volleyball skill is passing. It is the act of delivering the ball to a teammate so that he can either drive the ball and score a point or prepare and set the ball for a spiker to attack. Passing can be done in two techniques namely, the dig and the bump.
Once the ball is passed to a player, he has a choice to set the ball. Setting is the act of passing the ball up high to prepare an attacker or spiker.
Setting involves touching the ball with finger pads and immediately fully extending the arms.
As the ball is set, a spiker can come dashing in to drive the ball towards the opponent's court. Spiking can be done in two basic shots, cross-court shot and baseline shot. Once the opponents has witnessed how your team can successfully deliver a hit, you can now employ other offensive options such as dinks and tips.
A counter against spiking is blocking. When correctly done, a defending team can block, sending the ball back immediately after the attack, or if not, slow down the driven ball for another defender to dig.
Blocking needs you to stand facing the net with extended arms above the head, anticipating to deflect the ball back when you jump.
Receiving the Serve
Reception comes soon after an opposing team's successful service. When correctly done, the team can proceed to setting, then spiking.
The use of the skills listed above does not follow the order. Random court scenarios will arise and will require a specific move. Volleyball training and practice is needed keep up. Hayley Merret is an seasoned volleyball coach. She has been training her team with a system that boosts the team's performance. 14,000 subscribers are also tuning in on what she says. Grab a copy of her volleyball training system now.
Sports Articles1. Buying The Perfect Badminton Racket Is No Child’s Play.
Author: Jeremy Hughes
2. Soccer Drill Unpacked: Goalkeeper Reaction Dives
Author: Michael Magid
3. Why Casino Roulette Online On The Internet?
4. Should Casinos See Their Future In Playtech?
5. Personal Fitness Trainer Helps In Redefining Your Fitness Objectives!
Author: Zack Ayala
6. Getting The Most From A Golf Course Guide
Author: Ian Mullins
7. Why 4-d Lottery Is More Popular Than Casino Games?
8. 4v4 To Lines Or Tiny Goals
Author: Michael Magid
9. Bangalore: The Perfect Combination Of Work And Fun
Author: Manisha Nigam
10. Four-day Test, A Breaking Test Cricket News
11. Benefits Of Using The Right Sports Management Software
Author: Srinivas Siddireddy
12. Fih Publishes New Standards For Hockey Turf And Facilities
13. Liverpool Vs Everton, Visitors May Get A Positive Result
14. Begin Your Training With Professional Basketball Trainers
Author: Houston basketball coaching
15. The Best Three U19 World Cup Cricket Live Scores So Far