ALL >> Sports >> View Article
Revolutionary Volleyball Training Approach
Total Articles: 167
Introduction to Volleyball Skills
The 4 corners of the volleyball court provide enough challenge for ballers to play intelligently. Each player must possess the correct skill to match up with their opponents - maintaining the true spirit competition. A combination of this skill will sum up to a successful play that can be appreciated by volleyball players and fans.
Serving is used to start the play. It is done by swing an arm into the ball, sending it over the net, and into the opponent's court.
Another volleyball skill is passing. It is the act of delivering the ball to a teammate so that he can either drive the ball and score a point or prepare and set the ball for a spiker to attack. Passing can be done in two techniques namely, the dig and the bump.
Once the ball is passed to a player, he has a choice to set the ball. Setting is the act of passing the ball up high to prepare an attacker or spiker.
Setting involves touching the ball with finger pads and immediately fully extending the arms.
As the ball is set, a spiker can come dashing in to drive the ball towards the opponent's court. Spiking can be done in two basic shots, cross-court shot and baseline shot. Once the opponents has witnessed how your team can successfully deliver a hit, you can now employ other offensive options such as dinks and tips.
A counter against spiking is blocking. When correctly done, a defending team can block, sending the ball back immediately after the attack, or if not, slow down the driven ball for another defender to dig.
Blocking needs you to stand facing the net with extended arms above the head, anticipating to deflect the ball back when you jump.
Receiving the Serve
Reception comes soon after an opposing team's successful service. When correctly done, the team can proceed to setting, then spiking.
The use of the skills listed above does not follow the order. Random court scenarios will arise and will require a specific move. Volleyball training and practice is needed keep up. Hayley Merret is an seasoned volleyball coach. She has been training her team with a system that boosts the team's performance. 14,000 subscribers are also tuning in on what she says. Grab a copy of her volleyball training system now.
Sports Articles1. My Journey So Far At The Times Internet Can Be Categorised Into Two Distinct.
Author: Jons Mackullam
2. Fc Barcelona Vs Sevilla Prediction Spanish Copa Del Rey
3. The Highest Quality Spearfishing Gear For Sale
Author: Chris Roy
4. Fsv Mainz 05 Vs Sc Freiburg Prediction German Bundesliga
5. Triathlon Clothing Shop
Author: Triathlon Clothing Shop
6. Perks Of Watching Cricket Online In Android
Author: Andre Ron
7. Make Use Of Gym Chalk To Get That Perfect Grip
Author: Elite Gymnastics
8. Custom Printed Golf Balls: The Buying Guide
Author: Good Fortune
9. Duck Hunting Vacations In San Antonio Texas-significant Guidelines To Train Your Duck Hunting Dog
Author: Murray Martin
10. Ipl 2018 Live Score Schedule - Cricket Match Results Highlights Of Point Table
11. Ipl 2018 Cricket Match Time Table And T20 Matches Schedule
12. Ipl 2018 Live Score Cricket Match Highlights - T20 Ipl Score Card Updates
13. How To Improve Grip On Badminton Shoes?
Author: Jeremy Hughes
14. Health Benefits Of Practicing Archery
Author: Joel Turner
15. Ipl Auction: Kings Xi Punjab
Author: Puneet Dua