ALL >> Hardware-Software >> View Article
Understanding Pst Files, And Migrate Lotus Notes To Outlook 2010
Total Articles: 13
Location of PST File and how to relocate it?
It is a common fact that Outlook stores the Emails in PST file, but finding the exact location of file is a difficult task. Below mentioned are some points, which will clarify, how to move the file to another drive in order to save space in primary drive.
PST is a personal storage table, wherein the Outlook data in the form of Emails, Notes, Calendars, etc, are stored. Depending upon the configuration of settings, the data can be compressed or encrypted. Too much data stored in PST File slows the Outlook function, which urges Outlook to archive the old emails in order to solve this problem.
In the Outlook data folder, Files with .ost extension is also noticed, which is of same format as PST file. But, used as offline mail storage, whereas PST file functions for mail archival. It proves that standard mail accounts like IMAP and POP3 are stored in PST, and email adjusted from Hotmail account is stored in OST format. Exchange Server accounts uses either of OST and PST file for offline access and backup respectively.
Finding PST File
Finding PST File from Outlook is quite easy.
• In Outlook 2010, first of all, open the File Menu and then select Account Settings.
• In Outlook 2007, the account settings can be found from the Tools Menu.
• After opening the account settings, clicking the Data Files tab can open the Outlook data files, which includes PST and OST files.
• For multiple accounts in Outlook, several data files are received.
• For each file choose settings or clicking Open File Location can open the Outlook Folder in explorer.
• Some data for example data from Hotmail Account may not be accessible.
• Nevertheless, browsing the Outlook data folder, which is listed below, users can find their data.
Where are the PST files saved?
The PST files are saved in user data folder by default. In order to access the folder in Windows Vista or Windows 7, users are required to enter the below mentioned bar in run command or in Explorer:
% Local app data%\Microsoft\Outlook\
For Windows XP, enter the following code:
% app data%\Microsoft\Outlook\
Moving PST File
First of all, users are required to change a registry value in order to change, wherein the Outlook stores its data files. After that, come out of Outlook and then enter Regedit, which lies in the start menu search or run command, which opens the registry editor. According to the Outlook version (mentioned below), browse the correct key.
Outlook 2007 H KEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\
Outlook 2010 H KEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\
Seeing the user-friendly functions of Outlook, wherein data are stored in PST files, users are opting to change their Email Client to Outlook. Here comes the requirement of third party software, which can take the responsibility to migrate Lotus Notes to Outlook 2010 (http://anjellinabob.wix.com/convertnsfoutlook- ) in a hassle-free way.
Author Bio: Third party conversion software covers almost all of the messaging platform migrations. This software can be actively used to Migrate Lotus Notes to Outlook 2010. Get know more info about our product by click this link: http://www.export-notes.com/
Hardware/Software Articles1. Best Online Practice Management Software For Accounting Practice
Author: Reena Malik
2. Best Motorola Phone Repair Shop London – Motorola Repairer
3. Blackberry Glass Repair Glasgow – Blackberry Repairer
4. Quick Moto G 2nd Gen Repair In Uk – Motorola Repairer
5. Best Lenovo Repair Centre Uk – Lenovo Repairer
6. Phone Repair Shop Glasgow - Motorola Repairer
7. Best Contract Management Software For Construction
Author: James Blake
8. Best Motorola Phone Repair Shop Liverpool – Motorola Repairer
9. Unsere Erfahrungen Mit Nordvpn
Author: Stuart Spindlow
10. Expert Laptop Screen Repair Leeds – Lenovo Repairer
11. 3 Tips To Hire The Best Computer Repair Company
Author: Michael Clark
12. Must-have Construction Management Software Features For Contractors
Author: James Blake
13. Best Phone Repair Shop London – Motorola Repairer
14. Expert Laptop Screen Repair London | Lenovo Repairer
15. Phone Repair Shop Leeds - Motorola Repairer