ALL >> Hardware-Software >> View Article
Understanding Pst Files, And Migrate Lotus Notes To Outlook 2010
Total Articles: 13
Location of PST File and how to relocate it?
It is a common fact that Outlook stores the Emails in PST file, but finding the exact location of file is a difficult task. Below mentioned are some points, which will clarify, how to move the file to another drive in order to save space in primary drive.
PST is a personal storage table, wherein the Outlook data in the form of Emails, Notes, Calendars, etc, are stored. Depending upon the configuration of settings, the data can be compressed or encrypted. Too much data stored in PST File slows the Outlook function, which urges Outlook to archive the old emails in order to solve this problem.
In the Outlook data folder, Files with .ost extension is also noticed, which is of same format as PST file. But, used as offline mail storage, whereas PST file functions for mail archival. It proves that standard mail accounts like IMAP and POP3 are stored in PST, and email adjusted from Hotmail account is stored in OST format. Exchange Server accounts uses either of OST and PST file for offline access and backup respectively.
Finding PST File
Finding PST File from Outlook is quite easy.
• In Outlook 2010, first of all, open the File Menu and then select Account Settings.
• In Outlook 2007, the account settings can be found from the Tools Menu.
• After opening the account settings, clicking the Data Files tab can open the Outlook data files, which includes PST and OST files.
• For multiple accounts in Outlook, several data files are received.
• For each file choose settings or clicking Open File Location can open the Outlook Folder in explorer.
• Some data for example data from Hotmail Account may not be accessible.
• Nevertheless, browsing the Outlook data folder, which is listed below, users can find their data.
Where are the PST files saved?
The PST files are saved in user data folder by default. In order to access the folder in Windows Vista or Windows 7, users are required to enter the below mentioned bar in run command or in Explorer:
% Local app data%\Microsoft\Outlook\
For Windows XP, enter the following code:
% app data%\Microsoft\Outlook\
Moving PST File
First of all, users are required to change a registry value in order to change, wherein the Outlook stores its data files. After that, come out of Outlook and then enter Regedit, which lies in the start menu search or run command, which opens the registry editor. According to the Outlook version (mentioned below), browse the correct key.
Outlook 2007 H KEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\
Outlook 2010 H KEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\
Seeing the user-friendly functions of Outlook, wherein data are stored in PST files, users are opting to change their Email Client to Outlook. Here comes the requirement of third party software, which can take the responsibility to migrate Lotus Notes to Outlook 2010 (http://anjellinabob.wix.com/convertnsfoutlook- ) in a hassle-free way.
Author Bio: Third party conversion software covers almost all of the messaging platform migrations. This software can be actively used to Migrate Lotus Notes to Outlook 2010. Get know more info about our product by click this link: http://www.export-notes.com/
Hardware/Software Articles1. How Enterprise Mobile Application Development Is Going To Change Your Business Strategies
Author: Emma Watson
2. Natural Gas Conservation Tips And Facts, Gas Billing
3. Transportation Management Software (tms)
Author: Dhwani Khatri
4. How To Achieve Your Desired Target With Mlm Matrix Plan?
Author: MLM Software
5. How Sap Hybris Will Be A Game-changer For Your Business
Author: Sonata Software
6. Global Biometric Sensor Market Growth
7. Shopify Ecommerce Application Development
Author: Abinash Ghosh
8. Why Business Organizations Need Email Archiving?
Author: Frank Bower
9. Samsung Repairs In London – Ukwiderepair.co.uk
10. Reliable Htc Repair Centre In London – Htc Repairer
11. Quick Motorola Repairs – Motorola Repairer
12. Benefits Of Hiring Onsite Computer Repairs And Fix Services In Sydney
Author: Michael Clark
13. Tell-tale Signs Showing That A Business Is In Need Of An Erp Software
Author: Santanu Das
14. Build Up More Client Base With Prizewinning Webinar Software
Author: owen thomson
15. Quick Htc Repairs In Leeds – Htc Repairer