ALL >> Investing---Finance >> View Article
A Look At Real Estate In Highland Park, Los Angeles, Ca
Total Articles: 31
An older, artist enclave typified by hilly neighborhoods, character homes, Highland Park real estate is enjoying a renaissance of sorts.
Highland Park is one of Los Angeles' oldest settled communities and one of the first suburbs of the city. Close to Downtown Los Angeles and Pasadena, CA, this neighborhood provides easy access across the city. The Metro Gold line (between Pasadena and Downtown) stops just off Figueroa, adding to Highland Park's convenience. The historic Arroyo Seco Parkway, California 110, passes through Highland Park and provides a quick thoroughfare from Pasadena to Downtown Los Angeles and further South.
Highland Park has a history of attracting an eclectic and diverse population. Some examples: Charles Lummis, founder of the Southwest Museum; Clyde Browne, who built the Abbey San Encino; the Judson family, who ran Judson Studios. Today, Highland Park's residents continue to be a diverse bunch. Many have lived in the area for decades, while newcomers from other neighborhoods in Los Angeles and from out of town are also recognizing Highland Park's great community.
Many small business owners have chosen Highland Park as the place to open their doors, and the York Boulevard corridor has become a hotspot for new shops and restaurants. The past few years have seen a new French restaurant (Ba), coffee shops (Cafe de Leche, The Highland Cafe), a gourmet burger joint (Fusion Burger), plus several art galleries (Avenue 50 Studio, THIS Gallery, MorYork), a used book shop (Pop-Hop), and many more, open their doors.
Highland Park also provides fine examples of early Los Angeles architecture, from sweet Craftsman bungalows to exquisite Victorian cottages. In recent years there has been a resurgence of renovations and restorations of many of Highland Park's homes. Home to the largest Historic Preservation Overlay Zone (HPOZ) in the city, the citizens of Highland Park take their character homes seriously. A hardy band of volunteers tirelessly hold home and art tours for the public’s edification and enjoyment through community organizations like the Arroyo Art Collective and the Highland Park Heritage Trust.
For homebuyers looking to purchase a home in the Highland Park neighborhood of Los Angeles, it is imperative that they hire a Highland Park realtor who specializes in the area and who knows the neighborhoods and understands the local market.
Investing / Finance Articles1. The Borrower Should Remember The Repayment Sum
Author: Martina Smith
2. Best Way To Fulfill Your Housing Needs: Home Loans
Author: Chandani Jawar
3. How Benchmarking In A Business Helps In Reducing Labour Hire Costs
Author: Dylan Munro
4. India Inc May Need To Change Rating Agencies Every 3 Years
Author: Suraj Pratap Malik
5. Bitcoin Workshop | Bitcoin Seminar | How To Buy Bitcoins
Author: AB Web Technologies
6. Online Financing - The Modern Way Of Investment
7. Selling Assets Versus Sme Loans: Which Is The Better Option?
Author: Manish Damani
8. Equity Research Report
Author: Chetan Rathod
9. Personal Loan Calculators Explained
Author: Arwind Sharma
10. Importance Of Having A Bank Account In The Digital World Today
Author: Sushant Singh
11. Step By Step Guide To Gst Registration Of Your Business
Author: Amol Kale
12. Forex Trading Techniques And Strategies For Beginners In Forex Market
Author: Sophia Mason
13. Are Tax Accountants The Most Important Hires For Your Small Business?
Author: John Panayis
14. Personal Loans - All You Wanted To Know
15. How To Ensure Your Internet Banking Is As Safe As Traditional Banking?
Author: Neha Sharma