ALL >> Investing---Finance >> View Article
A Look At Real Estate In Highland Park, Los Angeles, Ca
Total Articles: 31
An older, artist enclave typified by hilly neighborhoods, character homes, Highland Park real estate is enjoying a renaissance of sorts.
Highland Park is one of Los Angeles' oldest settled communities and one of the first suburbs of the city. Close to Downtown Los Angeles and Pasadena, CA, this neighborhood provides easy access across the city. The Metro Gold line (between Pasadena and Downtown) stops just off Figueroa, adding to Highland Park's convenience. The historic Arroyo Seco Parkway, California 110, passes through Highland Park and provides a quick thoroughfare from Pasadena to Downtown Los Angeles and further South.
Highland Park has a history of attracting an eclectic and diverse population. Some examples: Charles Lummis, founder of the Southwest Museum; Clyde Browne, who built the Abbey San Encino; the Judson family, who ran Judson Studios. Today, Highland Park's residents continue to be a diverse bunch. Many have lived in the area for decades, while newcomers from other neighborhoods in Los Angeles and from out of town are also recognizing Highland Park's great community.
Many small business owners have chosen Highland Park as the place to open their doors, and the York Boulevard corridor has become a hotspot for new shops and restaurants. The past few years have seen a new French restaurant (Ba), coffee shops (Cafe de Leche, The Highland Cafe), a gourmet burger joint (Fusion Burger), plus several art galleries (Avenue 50 Studio, THIS Gallery, MorYork), a used book shop (Pop-Hop), and many more, open their doors.
Highland Park also provides fine examples of early Los Angeles architecture, from sweet Craftsman bungalows to exquisite Victorian cottages. In recent years there has been a resurgence of renovations and restorations of many of Highland Park's homes. Home to the largest Historic Preservation Overlay Zone (HPOZ) in the city, the citizens of Highland Park take their character homes seriously. A hardy band of volunteers tirelessly hold home and art tours for the public’s edification and enjoyment through community organizations like the Arroyo Art Collective and the Highland Park Heritage Trust.
For homebuyers looking to purchase a home in the Highland Park neighborhood of Los Angeles, it is imperative that they hire a Highland Park realtor who specializes in the area and who knows the neighborhoods and understands the local market.
Investing / Finance Articles1. How Bad Credit Loans Work For Better Financial Solutions In The Uk?
Author: Sara James
2. The Free Forex Robot Minimize Risk And Maximize Profits In The Forex Market
3. How The Internet Has Made Money Transfer To India Simple?
4. What Are The Major Advantages Of Bill Discounting India?
5. Best Home Loan Scheme 04433044488 Documents Required For Home Loan
Author: Loansa Assit
6. Algotrade Can Help You Gain Consistent Returns On Forex Trading
7. Did You File Itr For Financial Year 2016-17?
Author: Did You File ITR For Financial Year 2016-17? India
8. The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Life Insurance
Author: Sushant ingh
9. Important Aspects Of Banking
Author: Sushant Singh
10. Are You In Need Of Monetary Help For Business Establishment?
Author: John Bairstow
11. Borrowing Commercial Loan Is A Secure Way For Business Owners
Author: John Bairstow
12. The Race To Transform Yourself Into A Profitable Forex Trader
Author: John Arnold
13. House Construction Loan For Bkhata Property Apply 9964563600
Author: House Construction Loan for Bkhata
14. Gst Impact On Mutual Fund Market
15. Klse Market Understanding Before Investing
Author: Multi management and future solutions