ALL >> Health >> View Article
Dental Implant-related Treatments
Total Articles: 9
The placement of dental implants is a surgical procedure that needs to be carefully planned beforehand, to ensure the safety and the success of the treatment. Prior to the actual placement of the implants, a comprehensive assessment is done to determine if additional procedures are needed to facilitate the dental implant treatment. Once the assessment is finished, a treatment plan is formulated specifying the steps included in the implants placement.
Dental implant-related treatments can be done as part of the preparation for the placement of the implants. Some treatments are done after the implants have been placed, to complete the process of restoring the normal form and function of the teeth and to solve missing teeth problems.
Treatments Related to Dental Implant Placement
Bone Grafting – Bone grafting is a procedure that aims to improve or add to the existing jawbone structure before dental implants can be placed. This procedure is often done in cases when the jawbone has suffered from deterioration, and has thinned considerably. If the jawbone is thin and has deteriorated, it will not be able to support the dental implants, making the placement of the implants very difficult or almost impossible to do.
Sinus Grafting – A sinus grafting is done when the patient has insufficient bone structure in the upper jaw area. The sinus membrane is lifted to expose the space on the upper jaw, where the grafting material will be placed to augment the bone structure. The placement of dental implants can then proceed when the upper jawbone area has been improved after the sinus graft.
Nerve Repositioning – A nerve repositioning procedure is prior to dental implants placement, to change the position of the inferior alveolar nerve (the nerve that gives feeling to the chin and lower lip). Also called nerve lateralisation, this procedure moves the nerve to a position where it will not be touched or damaged during the placement of the implants, preventing nerve damage that can cause numbness or abnormal sensation to the chin and lower lip.
Gum Grafting – A gum graft is done to address problems of receding gums. Healthy gum structure is important as it provides additional support to the implants when they are embedded into the jawbone.
Overdentures – Overdentures are teeth replacements which are secured in place with dental implants. These teeth restorations are anchored firmly into place with the help of the implants, and provide more stable missing teeth solutions compared to removable dentures that move around inside the mouth.
London City Smiles offers the widest choice of general, cosmetic dentistry & dental implant treatments at surprisingly affordable prices. We also provide face, skin and lip treatments. Our dentists are specialized in complex dental implant solutions (for missing teeth). If you are searching for a dentist using the keywords, dentist Islington or dental implants London, visit http://www.londoncitysmiles.com today.
Health Articles1. Popularity Of Big Breasts In The 21st Century!
Author: Pankaj Singhal
2. Anti Aging Treatment In Bangalore
3. Things About Ground Ambulance That You Must Know
Author: Amb Life
4. Few Reasons To Choose Dental Implants
Author: Nazila Nosratieh
5. What To Do If Your Hair Transplant Treatment Failed
Author: Pankaj Singhal
6. 7 Ways To Keep A Brilliant Attitude As A Caregiver
Author: Warren Winnipeg
7. Diet And Male Organ Function May Be Related
Author: John Dugan
8. Prp Skin Treatment – Breast Augmentation In Dubai Can Help You Achieve Natural Size Of The Breast!
Author: Abharan Dari
9. Top Benefits Of Choosing Dental Implants
Author: Wynona G. Ehret
10. Itchy Member Primer: Midsection Lice
Author: John Dugan
11. How ‘psychiatric’ And ‘power Of Psychiatrists’ Can Improve Your Life
12. An Orthodontist In San Bruno Explains Some Of The Benefits Of Invisalign
Author: Steve Irwin
13. Lecithin Supplements Can Support Your Liver Health, Your Nervous System, And Your Digestive System S
Author: oen thomson
14. Couples Counseling Therapy – Marriage Counseling Can Make A Big Difference For Both Of You!
Author: Dennis Tucker
15. Where To Start A Bathroom Remodel Functionality For Your Home
Author: Logan Daniel