ALL >> Business >> View Article
The Maritime Labour Convention 2006
Total Articles: 9
Maritime Labour Convention 2006
The Maritime Labour Convention (MLC) is an International Labour Organization convention set up in 2006 as the fourth principal of worldwide maritime legislation and embodies "all up-to-date criteria of current global maritime labor Conventions and Recommendations, and also the standard key points found in other worldwide labor Conventions". The convention came into effect on 20 August 2013 and as of February 2014, the convention has been ratified by 56 states that represent 80 percent of global shipping.
The Maritime Labour Convention contains five Titles which lay out the criteria and conditions to be followed. Probably the most pertinent here is Title 4: Health Protection, Medical Care, Welfare and Social Security Protection.
Title 4 involves 5 rules which includes:
• Health care onboard ship and on land: Seafarers need to be insured for and have use of medical treatment while onboard; in principle at no cost and of a level of quality comparable to the standards of health care on shore. Countries through which territory a ship is passing should guarantee treatment on shore in serious cases.
• Shipowners' liability: Seafarers should be protected against the financial results of "sickness, injury or death occurring in connection with their employment". This includes no less than 16 weeks of payment of income after beginning of health problems.
• Social security: Social security protection should be available to seafarers (and whenever it is usual in the flag state): their relatives.
Before the Maritime Labour Convention came into force, there were no particular standards or requirements for a lot of aspects of security for marine crews. Now, ship owners and captains are having to think about cost effective worldwide health and protection solutions that not only meet the requirements put down by the MLC, but are also of high enough quality to allow them to attract and keep the best crew possible.
Xact Expat have many solutions available that could work in conjunction with the specifications and requirements of the MLC. These vary from “off the shelf” industry specific products from a panel of leading recognised insurance providers, to tailored health insurance and protection solutions through the Lloyd’s market.
Xact Risk Solutions
Andrew has over twenty years experience providing the best insurance solutions for his clients needs. A recognised expert in the field of international medical insurance, he has helped expats all around the world whether they be individuals, families, groups or companies. Please visit the website at www.xactexpat.com to find out more, or you can get a free, no obligation quote simply by visiting www.xactexpat.com/get-a-quote.html
Business Articles1. Looking For Accurate And Highly Responsive Hospital Mailing List To Enhance Business Revenue?
Author: Jane Cannon
2. Eglobedata Launches Reliable Email List Of 431,426 Manufacturing Industry Database To Better Leads
Author: Brayden Tyler
3. Massage Therapy For Optimal Health
Author: Adriana Albritton
4. Relationship Therapy Nederland Can Help You Learn Some Vital Things!
Author: Angelika Matthias
5. An Updated Guide To Recently Effective Osha Rules
Author: Micheal Shawn
6. How To Bitcoin Benefit And Profitable For You
Author: Oliva Nat
7. High Profit Business Opportunity
Author: NEHA BHANDARI
8. All That May Be Making Your Customers Unhappy
Author: Surabhi Joshi
9. Select The Best Women’s Fragrances As A Gift!
Author: Sheleena Sultan
10. Biotropin Fitness [hgh Somatropin 100 Iu] – 10 Vials – Lifetech Labs
Author: For more details :- Buy Steroids USA, Buy Steroids
11. Benefits Of Business Software For The Business Customers
Author: Philip hauges
12. Trace The Issues In Your Roofing And Call A Roofing Contractor Today
Author: Fred Lydick
13. A Door To Jewels World With Verities Of Collection
Author: Luis Marius
14. The Advantage Of Arranging Your Own Wedding Flowers
Author: Albert K Miller
15. Somapure [hgh 100iu]10 Amps – Meditech
Author: For more details :- Buy steroids, Buy Steroids Onl