ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Do I Need A Vehicle Tracking System?
Total Articles: 1
A vehicle tracking system uses GPS technology, as with satellite navigation. Each vehicle is fitted with a discreet device that transmits its exact location to a satellite which then relays this data to a computer in your office. As well as the vehicle's location, you will be able to monitor its speed, the route covered, and the time spent at each stop.
For business fleet managers the use of a GPS vehicle tracking system can provide invaluable data regarding driving habits, journey durations, vehicle speeds and a variety of other data which can help to improve business efficiency and cut costs. Whether your vehicle fleet consists of 2 or 2,000 vehicles, by making use of a vehicle tracking system in your business you could make considerable savings and reap rewards including reduced costs, increased productivity and happier customers.
Active Vehicle Tracking systems or Live GPS Tracking is a real-time tracking system that sends live information directly from the vehicle to the base via a satellite, in most cases it is updated every few seconds. Any company that needs to be able to respond quickly to road conditions, and keep customers informed of any changes to delivery times can benefit enormously from an active tracking system. Due to the ongoing operating costs of this kind of system, it is more pricey than passive vehicle tracking. Passive Vehicle Tracking systems or Log Tracking is the cheapest of the two types of tracking system. These systems save and record data that can be downloaded at the end of the journey to be analysed. This system works well for businesses that don't need real-time tracking, but can still benefit from having an exact record of journeys taken.
Depending on the specific vehicle tracking system, you also have access to a whole menu of other information including vehicle speed and direction, fuel consumption and stop and idle times.similar web site
Different suppliers will offer different types of contract, including pay as you go, short-term contracts and long-term leases. By getting more than one quote for vehicle tracking systems, you will be able to find the most competitive and suitable supplier for your company.
At Sprint we give you "Budget Vehicle Tracking" - all the features you need at an affordable price. So if you are one of the thousands of companies out there who just want something that will do the job well without costing the earth - contact us sprinttelematics
Automobiles Articles1. Get Online Auto Insurance And Finance
2. New Shell Fuel Station Finder From Fleetcor
Author: FleetCor Deutschland GmbH
3. Dealerships Are Your One Stop Shop
Author: haggerty Ford
4. The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Learning On Driving Simulators.
Author: Eesha Zaveri
5. Buy Miami Used Luxury Cars For Sale Within Your Budget
6. Know The Truth About For Vehicle Parts Exchange In Surrey
Author: Ewan Thorpe
7. Why Mot Test Is So Much Essential For Four-wheelers
Author: James Elston
8. Car Valeting The Reason That Has Kept You From Buying The New One
Author: Rhys Gibson
9. Gps Vehicle Tracking System
Author: Balu S
10. The Biggest Contribution Of Driving Coach In Chadstone To Humanity
Author: Mark Watson
11. Side By Side Comparison Between Readymade Motorcycle & Custom Chopper
Author: Levi Fysh
12. Benefits Of Leasing Your Next Car
13. Rockman - The Top Manufacturers Of Two Wheeler Parts & Automotive Component In India
Author: Rockman Industries
14. For Best Services Just Opt For Auto Repair Gainesville
Author: Berrisford Smith
15. 2017 Hyundai Accent: Top Reasons Why You Should Buy This Budget Car
Author: Allen Hyundai