ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Do I Need A Vehicle Tracking System?
Total Articles: 1
A vehicle tracking system uses GPS technology, as with satellite navigation. Each vehicle is fitted with a discreet device that transmits its exact location to a satellite which then relays this data to a computer in your office. As well as the vehicle's location, you will be able to monitor its speed, the route covered, and the time spent at each stop.
For business fleet managers the use of a GPS vehicle tracking system can provide invaluable data regarding driving habits, journey durations, vehicle speeds and a variety of other data which can help to improve business efficiency and cut costs. Whether your vehicle fleet consists of 2 or 2,000 vehicles, by making use of a vehicle tracking system in your business you could make considerable savings and reap rewards including reduced costs, increased productivity and happier customers.
Active Vehicle Tracking systems or Live GPS Tracking is a real-time tracking system that sends live information directly from the vehicle to the base via a satellite, in most cases it is updated every few seconds. Any company that needs to be able to respond quickly to road conditions, and keep customers informed of any changes to delivery times can benefit enormously from an active tracking system. Due to the ongoing operating costs of this kind of system, it is more pricey than passive vehicle tracking. Passive Vehicle Tracking systems or Log Tracking is the cheapest of the two types of tracking system. These systems save and record data that can be downloaded at the end of the journey to be analysed. This system works well for businesses that don't need real-time tracking, but can still benefit from having an exact record of journeys taken.
Depending on the specific vehicle tracking system, you also have access to a whole menu of other information including vehicle speed and direction, fuel consumption and stop and idle times.similar web site
Different suppliers will offer different types of contract, including pay as you go, short-term contracts and long-term leases. By getting more than one quote for vehicle tracking systems, you will be able to find the most competitive and suitable supplier for your company.
At Sprint we give you "Budget Vehicle Tracking" - all the features you need at an affordable price. So if you are one of the thousands of companies out there who just want something that will do the job well without costing the earth - contact us sprinttelematics
Automobiles Articles1. Car Dealers Perfect Way To Get The Used Car
2. Benefits Of Hiring A Taxi And How You Can Make Full Use Of It
Author: Dave Woods
3. Importance Of The Development Of Rugged Dc Dc Converter
Author: Lilly Allen
4. Detailed Guide To Wash Your Car Properly With 2 Bucket Method And Car Wash Shampoo
Author: neel patel
5. How To Choose Best Gps Anti Car Theft Device?
Author: Randeep Kumar
6. A Mobile Roadworthy Certificate Centre May Come Handy While In A Hurry
Author: Luca Curtis
7. Customised Motorcycles Give The Rider A Style Statement
Author: Levi Fysh
8. Tips To Buy A High Mileage Car
9. Importance Of Learning Through Simulators
Author: Eesha Zaveri
10. How Technology Is Changing The Teaching Techniques Today?
Author: Eesha Zaveri
11. The Used Mercedes Benz Dealers In Miami Offers Best Collection For Your Choice
12. Taking Care Of Your Sydney Trailer
13. Advices To Get Auto Financing From Car Dealership
14. Travel Bike – Folding Bike Fits For Just Any Type Of Road!
Author: Paul Pinigis
15. Top 10 Popular Upcoming Bikes In India To Launch In 2017 & 2018
Author: Adaalo India