ALL >> Family >> View Article
Know The Virtues Of Concrete Floors
Total Articles: 17
Concrete floors are well known for its durability and cost effectiveness but modern concrete floors are even getting better than those available in yester years. While carpet and vinyl were considered to be the obvious choices of schools, coffee shops and other professional buildings, the new polished concrete flooring is now emerging as a suitable option for homes as well as for business units.
The Good & Bad Uses
Being highly durable with low maintenance requirements and great esthetical appeal, concrete or polished concrete floors are ideal for most of the buildings with major foot falls and stride rate. Concrete floors are a good choice even for spill prone areas of homes like kitchen. Since concrete coating is porous, it effectively soaks up all the water or other type of liquids such as juice, milk and vinegar etc. However, it may not be an ideal choice for school laboratory floors where students handle reagents and acids. The acid spills can damage the superfine finish and luster of the polished concrete floor and hence it should be avoided in school labs.
Different Appearances of Concrete Floors
Different appearances of the concrete floors can be worked out by simply coloring, polishing and staining it. Stamping and imprinting methods can also be used to mimic them like epoxy flooring or any other type of floor.
Concrete to Look as Wood
Expert professionals can easily create Harwood look of concrete with desirable species and colors. Whether you like modern and sleek look of ebony or traditional golden color of oak, custom concrete flooring can be made to imitate.
Concrete to Look as Stone
Luxurious stone like appearance can also be made with concrete. Chemically treated and stained concrete floors can mimic marble slabs with rich black gleam. Even stamping techniques are efficiently used to resemble stones with different size, style and colors.
Concrete to Look as Tile
Concrete can be treated in more than one manner to look as desired material. Tiles are definitely within the easy possibility. Tiles have a great look but lack durability. A rock solid tile look can be created using easy stamping techniques. Concrete with a tile look can be used in kitchens, bathrooms and other places with high moisture as concrete is resistant to molds and mildews that generally catch hold at moisture rich places.
Numerous other looks are also possible with concrete. You can discuss the type of look you want with your local concrete flooring specialist. They can create wonderful looks customized for your special choice and requirement.
The author has an immense knowledge on concrete floors. Know more about polished concrete related info in his website.
Family Articles1. Using Benefits Of Humidifier For Babies
Author: Syed tutul
2. Avail Respite Care Sunshine Coast To Take A Break From Your Elderly Care
3. Simple Bits Of Advice On Assisted Living
Author: Nora Fatehi
4. The Aged Care Sunshine Coast Services Offer Quality Lifestyle For The Elderly
5. The 24 Hour Care Sunshine Coast Offer Best Home Care Programs For The Elderly
6. Hire Reliable And Capable Live In Caregiver Through A Professional Agency
7. Professional Agency For Nannies Or Caregivers: How They Can Help You
8. Advantages And Disadvantages Of Appointing A Live-in Caregiver
9. Baby Gears: Recommendations For Rookies
Author: Bob Smith
10. The Respite Care Sunshine Coast Allows Family Careers To Take A Break From Elderly Care
11. Tips To Care Your Newborn Babys
Author: ashutosh Ashu
12. Relationship Compatibility – Harmony Is So Very Important
Author: Rose Caiola
13. Shopping For Your Kitty? Avoid These Mistakes
Author: Emma B
14. Top 10 - Family Friendly Holidays In Slovenia
Author: Jacob Barry
15. Find Best Autism Respite Care Providers Online