ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Door Locks: Choosing The Right One For Your Home
Total Articles: 23
It doesn't take a genius to know that not all door locks are the same. There are so many different door lock types out there that it can be quite a daunting task to choose the right one for one's home. Locks vary not only in appearance, but in purpose as well which makes choosing one all the more confusing. In order to figure out which type of lock to use for the doors inside (and outside) the home, here are some of the most common door lock types in use today and what they bring to one's home in terms of safety and privacy.
• Entry Lockset - This type of locking mechanism is normally used for bedroom and bathroom doors, and sometimes even on the front and back doors of the house. The locking mechanism is built into the door knob which can then be locked from both sides using a key on the outside knob and by depressing a button in the middle of the inside knob. Some models can be locked and unlocked using a key on both ends. This type of lock can easily be picked by skilled intruders when used on a home's entry door, which is why it is recommended that homeowners install other door lock types to increase security.
• Privacy Lockset - This type of lockset is used indoors because it provides minimum security. It can be locked from the inside knob so a person can enjoy his or her privacy inside the room. This type of lock does not use a key in either sides of the knob, so in case of an emergency, the door can be opened from the outside by inserting something narrow through the knob.
• Mortise Locks - Many consider this type of lock as old fashioned, but it is still commonly used on doors in commercial establishments, glass doors, and sometimes even apartment doors. The term mortise comes from the pocket in the door where the locking mechanism is installed.
• Deadbolt Locks - Most locksmiths and security experts recommend that homeowners install deadbolt locks in addition to the door lock types they already have installed on their front and back doors. A deadbolt lock is installed within the door itself. It can be locked and unlocked from the inside using a turn knob and from the outside using a key. Deadbolt locks keeps the doors locked to the doorframe, making it extremely difficult to pry the door open or kick it in when locked.
• Surface Deadbolt - This type of door lock works the same way as the deadbolt lock, except for the fact that it is installed on the surface of the inside part of the door. This means, it cannot be opened from the outside which provides extra protection for the people living inside the home when they go to bed at night.
With so many door lock types to choose from, people must consider more than just how the locks would look on their door. People must also think about how much security they really need in their homes in order to make the right choice.
My name is Samuel Adams. I am the proud owner Edmonds Locksmith. My company has been active and running for the past 20 years. We offer top quality service.
Home and Garden Articles1. Are Reviews Enough To Know About Moving Companies In New York
Author: Michael Holden
2. How To Make Your Badkamer Renovatie Most Cost Effective
Author: Brian Miller
3. Selecting Bathroom Floor And Wall Tiles
Author: Bath & Tile
4. 4 Reasons To Use Eco-friendly Building Materials
Author: Chris Jenkin
5. Organizing Restaurant`s Booth Seating And Getting Booth Reupholstery
6. Quality Manufacturer Of Restaurant Booth
7. Learn The Process Of Choosing And Organizing Restaurant Booth Seating
8. How To Use Creative Ideas To Make Your Restaurant More Unique
9. Purchasing Good Quality Restaurant Booths
10. Add A Decorative Accent To Your Home With Bamboo Blinds
Author: Julie Valencia
11. The Budget Interior Designers In Bangalore Make Your Dream Home Come True
12. Some Tips To Remove Popcorn In Miami Without More Trouble
Author: Jacob Ethan
13. Basic Information Of Roofing
Author: Roofing 2000
14. Caring For Your Bathroom And Sanitary Ware
15. Why Sod Installation Is An Effective Way Of Making Lawn Or Garden
Author: Anu Walia