ALL >> Shopping-Product-Reviews >> View Article
Rugby Clothing And The Evolving Trends
Total Articles: 4
Rugby clothing and rugby uniforms are terms used to describe outfits that are worn by the rugby players during a given match. As with any other sports, the game of rugby has got its own versions of clothing lines sanctioned by the rugby officials for players to wear during matches in official leagues and tournaments. The rugby shirts or jerseys are usually worn by people who are enthusiastic about the sport or are involved with it in some way or the other.
During the olden days, rugby players could wear anything they could get their hands on. The boots they wore were mostly worker’s boots which often had nails on them. This, apart from improving traction, also had an intimidating effect on players of other teams. The concept of a definite jersey was rather nonexistent, and the players just played with their own clothes, own caps, own boots and own accessories. Due to the extreme nature of this game, players often used to get injured by the sport related activities. These trends were all changed with the introduction of definite clothing lines in professional rugby matches.
A typical rugby jersey consists of a shirt having short sleeves and a short collar. While playing, this type of clothing helps the player to avoid being gripped by other players, especially during tackles. Traditionally, rubber buttons are used for these jerseys. The uniforms also carry their team’s logo, as well as the name and number of the player. This will help to associate a particular uniform with a definite player, thus allowing for easier identification. Apart from the team logos, the uniforms may also carry logos of sponsoring brands that can usually be seen around the stomach area of rugby shirts.
Different types of color patterns are used in rugby clothing. One of the most commonly used color patterns are stripes. However, some might prefer other patterns as well in order to create a unique look. The fabric that was originally used for rugby uniforms was cotton. Latest developments in the textile industry and the discovery of polyester have now led to the manufacturing of jerseys that are made from a combination of cotton and polyester. This has made rugby jerseys cheaper and more easily affordable than during the previous years when they were made purely out of cotton.
It was not only economic factors that led to the widespread use of polyester fabrics in making rugby clothes. Shirts made of polyester are difficult to grip during a tackle which makes them more in demand. Besides, polyester materials do not absorb too much water, thus making it possible for rugby teams to play in damp, muddy fields. Although both V-neck designs and collarless shirts are in use, it is the V-necks that enjoy the maximum popularity. Whether you are a regular player or just a fan of a popular rugby player, you can find a variety of options in the market. Why wait? Get online or visit a nearby shop to choose the best one and sport the look of your favorite player.
Shopping/Product Reviews Articles1. How Beneficial The Online Shopping Is!
2. How Convenient The Online Shopping Is!
3. The Best Anniversary Plans That Can Make You Invincible
Author: Anand Tiwari
4. Solitaire Diamond Engagement Rings For Your Bride To Be
Author: Jewellery Cluster
5. Firdous Lawn Collection 2018
6. Be Acquainted With The Advantages Of Using Bathroom Accessories
Author: Ainsworth Dickenson
7. Loungewear For Womens That Encapsulate Versatility And Comfort
Author: Alice Berry
8. Invicta Pro Diver 200m Quartz Blue Dial Inv9204/9204 Mens Watch: Bluesy Enough To Be Appreciated
Author: Jasson Ca
9. Kylie Lipkit-the Perfect Lip-kit, The Best Combination Of Style And Fashion
10. Nixon Corporal Quartz A346-510-00 Men’s Watch: Goodness In An Economical Package
11. Save Energy And Water With The Best Dishwasher For Kitchen
Author: John Oddile
12. The Luxurious Models Of Business Card Holders
Author: Sahah Chan
13. A Look At The Learning Environment In List Of International School In Bangalore
Author: Snehal Desai
14. Buy Julius Marlow Shoes & Feel Comfortable
Author: Green Footwear
15. Fossil Grant Chronograph Leather Fs5118 Mens Watch: An Inexpensive, Modern Classic
Author: Jason Ca