ALL >> Health >> View Article
Maternity Insurance Coverage When Living Abroad
Total Articles: 9
Being pregnant and Expatriate Health Insurance
Having a child may be one of the most wonderful and fulfilling experiences you could have. It can also be one of the more stressful and traumatic times, as a result of complications, or, being not prepared by being without satisfactory international medical insurance coverage to fund the costs of having a baby, complications and caring for your new-born baby.
Treatment for Pregnancy and Childbirth, whether planned or otherwise, can be hugely expensive and the price of maternity treatment internationally could vary alarmingly, if there are complications with the pregnancy. Costs can escalate significantly, this should be prepared for when you are planning on having children, now or in the future because it is not possible to obtain international health insurance to pay for the cost of your pregnancy if you are already pregnant.
In choosing the perfect expat medical care insurance company to cover maternity, you should consider the following:
- In which country will you be located while you're pregnant or having a baby? Price ranges vary from area to area and nation to nation.
- For how long must you be enrolled on an expatriate medical health insurance plan until you are qualified to receive reimbursement of medical expenses sustained?
- Will there be ample coverage in case of complications during maternity?
- What quality of cover is available for new-born children?
National Variations in Costs
International health insurance costs around the world vary considerably. In the Middle East, one expat medical insurance carrier has reported recent expenses for a normal delivery of between $8,000 USD and $20,000 USD. These expenses can rise - if complications arise and/or a Caesarean Section is needed, prices are then reported to double. The same expat medical health insurance company points out that costs for private maternity can rocket in the Far East with Hong Kong and Singapore expats looking at eye-watering charges and if you plan to live and work in the USA, be prepared to pay in excess of $25,000 USD for maternity treatment and delivery of your newborn. Xact Expat can certainly help give you advice on the perfect expat health care insurance plan to meet your needs with realistic maternity claim limits for your part of the World.
Due to the potential high cost of private maternity treatment internationally, an international health care insurance company will only offer protection for maternity treatment after you have been signed up on an international medical health insurance plan for a continuous period. These periods vary by expat insurer and generally hover around the 12 months of continuous cover point, although some insurance companies have reduced waiting periods, the lowest currently being 10 months. All costs and treatment incurred relating to a pregnancy that occur before the end of the waiting period are omitted from cover, treatment received that occurs after a waiting period is completed would be covered up to the costs allowed by that insurance provider. Please be aware, if you are already pregnant before moving overseas you will not be able to buy international medical insurance to cover the costs of this pregnancy.
Complications of Maternity
Although a lot of babies are born with no major complications, there are times when a little more assistance is neccessary and extra treatment is required, expat health care insurance companies are aware of this and customarily will offer greater claim limits for maternities that involve complications.
Newborn Children and Cover
Once a newborn arrives expatriate health care insurance programs will in most cases cover the costs of a Well-Baby check and immediate care, it is then essential that the newborn child is enrolled on cover immediately, claim limits to cover the treatment of newborn babies can differ greatly. There are a few providers who offer special rates or free protection for children when insured with one or more parents, we are able to recommend plans that supply these incentives and we may also help to identify the plans offering the highest level of cover which also includes cover for congenital birth defects and fertility treatment.
Xact Risk Solutions
Andrew has over twenty years experience providing the best insurance solutions for his clients needs. A recognised expert in the field of international medical insurance, he has helped expats all around the world whether they be individuals, families, groups or companies. Please visit the website at www.xactexpat.com to find out more, or you can get a free, no obligation quote simply by visiting www.xactexpat.com/get-a-quote.html
Health Articles1. Things You Can Do If Your Gums Are Bleeding
Author: Dr. Lakhwinder Singh
2. Paresthesia Could Cause Loss Of Male Organ Sensation
Author: John Dugan
3. Buy Adderall Xr 20 Mg Online Usa | @whitepear.store
4. Weight Reduction Herbs
5. Diy Treatments For Common Skin Concerns
Author: Dr mithra
6. Join Occupational First Aid Course To Serve As A First Aid Responder In Times Of Medical Emergency C
7. Qualities In A Pediatrician You Must Look For
Author: ponting brown
8. Remain In The Best Of Health With Pure Noni Products Of Salveo
9. Planning To Attend A Cme Medical Conference In Toronto? | Emedevents
10. Male Organ Skin And Vitamin D: A Healthy Combo
Author: John Dugan
11. How Do Invisible Braces Help Everyone In Your Family
Author: Joseph Donald
12. How A General Dentist Can Improve Your Oral Health
Author: Abel Abraham
13. How To Compare Invisible Braces To The Traditional Braces
Author: Malachi Mixon
14. Right Cosmetic Surgery Rectify Body And Facial Features
Author: opus clinic
15. Enjoy Monsoon Season With These Hair Care Tips
Author: Pankaj Singhal