ALL >> Education >> View Article
Oak Heights School - Hounslow
Total Articles: 2
Oak Heights is an independent school that has been running for 7 years. We are a secondary school with students ranging from the age of 11-16. Our classes are between 10 – 15 students each, which enables our teachers to focus on the individual needs of each student. We aim to create a high standard of teaching resulting in being one of the top performing selective Independent schools in the Borough of Hounslow with high achieving GCSE grades.
The year 11 interview preparations proved to be very successful. The students were more confident and came back with great feedback from their interviews.
The Year 11 GCSE examinations are not far now. The students have been completing their final practical examinations for the ISA’s for Chemistry, Biology and Physics. The controlled assessments for History have been completed and the English Speaking and Listening test are being completed this week. Revision lessons and practice exam papers and re-cap lessons are all preparing the students for their final exams. This week is the start of the end of term exams for the whole school, which end on the Thursday 4th April 2014.
The Student Council organized a Football Tournament and held a Charity Bake Sale, and Mufty day all in aid of Sport Relief 2014. Students and teachers bought in home baked cakes and cookies to sell. A total of £122 was raised.
The Blue House prize trip took place this week to The Science Museum where they had a chance to see The Hidden Universe 3D at the Imax. This was a fun and educational trip that the students and teachers enjoyed very much.
In order to keep the students fit and active Swimming takes place every Tuesdays, and Sports every Friday. A selection of games such as football and badminton and group activities are organised for the students to interact in. We are looking to introduce athletics in the next term to build on the students strength, stamina and upkeep their physical fitness. As part of our on going fundraising projects the Student Council will be organizing sport tournaments to raise money for charities.
The Exam centre is still taking applications for the examinations taking place in June 2014. The deadline is on the 21st April 2014. We will still be taking applicants however there will be an additional £20 late fee charge after this date. Places are filling up fast so call in to book your place now.
For more information about its author and services visit http://plus.google.com/116037989557942539710/posts
Education Articles1. Schools In Sohna Road, Gurgaon: A Smart Choice For Kids
Author: Abhinav Singh
2. Know What It Takes To Become A Good Pole Dancing Teacher
Author: Dee Heath
3. The Future Scope Of Ios App Development
4. Why Java Se Is A Good Choice For Implementing Real-time Systems
5. Chinese Language: Scope And Career Opportunities
Author: sifil symbiosis
6. Learn How To Judge The Best B-school For Yourself!
Author: Sukanta Singha
7. Discover The Spirit Of Design At Avantika University
Author: Gaurav Peshkar
8. How To Use Technology For Development Of Your Kid Without Turning It Into Bane?
Author: Shivangi Joshi
9. Instant Success 1y0-340 Exam With Valid 1y0-340 Questions Dumps 2018
Author: Jessica Fay
10. Learning Objectives Of R Programming Training
11. Early Learning Center And Its Role In Childhood Education
Author: Kelly Reed
12. Java Programming Language, Platforms, Java Virtual Machine, Jvm Without Java
13. Architecture Of Search Engine
Author: gagan deep ahik
14. Tlshs-degree Course In Hotel Management
15. Which College Is Best For An Mba/pgdm Among Itm Bangalore Or Iba Bangalore?
Author: sujatha Reddy