ALL >> Education >> View Article
Oak Heights School - Hounslow
Total Articles: 2
Oak Heights is an independent school that has been running for 7 years. We are a secondary school with students ranging from the age of 11-16. Our classes are between 10 – 15 students each, which enables our teachers to focus on the individual needs of each student. We aim to create a high standard of teaching resulting in being one of the top performing selective Independent schools in the Borough of Hounslow with high achieving GCSE grades.
The year 11 interview preparations proved to be very successful. The students were more confident and came back with great feedback from their interviews.
The Year 11 GCSE examinations are not far now. The students have been completing their final practical examinations for the ISA’s for Chemistry, Biology and Physics. The controlled assessments for History have been completed and the English Speaking and Listening test are being completed this week. Revision lessons and practice exam papers and re-cap lessons are all preparing the students for their final exams. This week is the start of the end of term exams for the whole school, which end on the Thursday 4th April 2014.
The Student Council organized a Football Tournament and held a Charity Bake Sale, and Mufty day all in aid of Sport Relief 2014. Students and teachers bought in home baked cakes and cookies to sell. A total of £122 was raised.
The Blue House prize trip took place this week to The Science Museum where they had a chance to see The Hidden Universe 3D at the Imax. This was a fun and educational trip that the students and teachers enjoyed very much.
In order to keep the students fit and active Swimming takes place every Tuesdays, and Sports every Friday. A selection of games such as football and badminton and group activities are organised for the students to interact in. We are looking to introduce athletics in the next term to build on the students strength, stamina and upkeep their physical fitness. As part of our on going fundraising projects the Student Council will be organizing sport tournaments to raise money for charities.
The Exam centre is still taking applications for the examinations taking place in June 2014. The deadline is on the 21st April 2014. We will still be taking applicants however there will be an additional £20 late fee charge after this date. Places are filling up fast so call in to book your place now.
For more information about its author and services visit http://plus.google.com/116037989557942539710/posts
Education Articles1. Insight Of The Key Benefits Of Corporate Training
2. Which Are The Best Engineering Courses In India 2017?
3. Essay On Drug Crime Investigation
Author: jackson bird
4. Dyslexia Software Ready For Windows 10s - Ghotit Dyslexia
5. Fishy Things That Nobody Told You About Tax Accountant In Rockdale
Author: Austin Loader
6. Digital Marketing Training Institute In Chandigarh, Mohali India
7. Sap Online Training By Learn It Training
Author: Learn IT Training, Hyderabad Based Online Training
8. Prepare Your Child With Summer Tutoring Programs
Author: TAS New York
9. Engineers Have The Ability To Change The World
Author: ponting brown
10. Which Are The Best Engineering And Architecture Courses In The Construction Industry?
11. Past Responsive Webdesign: Tomorrows Technology
Author: Learn web designing course Bangalore, Infocampus i
12. Explore, Learn, Construct & Grow With Cept University
Author: cept university
13. Best Advice You Could Ever Get About Taking Online Classes
Author: Benjamin Williams
14. Numerical Simulation Of Flow Ower Flat - Sloped Stepped Spillway
15. How To Improve Academic Performance: 5 Things You’re Forgetting To Do
Author: Todd Manning