ALL >> Education >> View Article
Oak Heights School - Hounslow
Total Articles: 2
Oak Heights is an independent school that has been running for 7 years. We are a secondary school with students ranging from the age of 11-16. Our classes are between 10 – 15 students each, which enables our teachers to focus on the individual needs of each student. We aim to create a high standard of teaching resulting in being one of the top performing selective Independent schools in the Borough of Hounslow with high achieving GCSE grades.
The year 11 interview preparations proved to be very successful. The students were more confident and came back with great feedback from their interviews.
The Year 11 GCSE examinations are not far now. The students have been completing their final practical examinations for the ISA’s for Chemistry, Biology and Physics. The controlled assessments for History have been completed and the English Speaking and Listening test are being completed this week. Revision lessons and practice exam papers and re-cap lessons are all preparing the students for their final exams. This week is the start of the end of term exams for the whole school, which end on the Thursday 4th April 2014.
The Student Council organized a Football Tournament and held a Charity Bake Sale, and Mufty day all in aid of Sport Relief 2014. Students and teachers bought in home baked cakes and cookies to sell. A total of £122 was raised.
The Blue House prize trip took place this week to The Science Museum where they had a chance to see The Hidden Universe 3D at the Imax. This was a fun and educational trip that the students and teachers enjoyed very much.
In order to keep the students fit and active Swimming takes place every Tuesdays, and Sports every Friday. A selection of games such as football and badminton and group activities are organised for the students to interact in. We are looking to introduce athletics in the next term to build on the students strength, stamina and upkeep their physical fitness. As part of our on going fundraising projects the Student Council will be organizing sport tournaments to raise money for charities.
The Exam centre is still taking applications for the examinations taking place in June 2014. The deadline is on the 21st April 2014. We will still be taking applicants however there will be an additional £20 late fee charge after this date. Places are filling up fast so call in to book your place now.
For more information about its author and services visit http://plus.google.com/116037989557942539710/posts
Education Articles1. Qtp Training
Author: SVR TECHNOLOGIES
2. Educating Your Children In The Right Process With An Effective Preschool Education
Author: Lyn Connolly
3. Oracle Fusion Financials Overview – All Need To Know!
4. Top 5 Advantages Of Distance Mba Learning
5. How To Choose The Best Computer Programming Training Course For You
6. Software Training Institutes In Bangalore
Author: first enquiry
7. Welcome To Bangladesh Medical College
Author: Jeson Roy
8. What Is Java And Why To Learn Java?
9. Why Should You Hire Us To Complete Your Online Assignments
Author: Mark Giaccone
10. Benefits Of Aws Certification
Author: Amit Novelvista
11. Digital Marketing Course Training Center In Hyderabad With Google Cert
Author: NIDM Hyderabad
12. Swift: A New Programming Language Developed By Apple
13. How To Stay Committed In An Online Course
Author: Tom Greenfield
14. Top 4 Reasons To Choose Data Science Training
15. Enhance The Possibility Of Reaching Wide Group Of Audience
Author: Mrs. Manushree Soni