ALL >> Business >> View Article
Degenerative Disc Disease: What You Need To Know!
Total Articles: 230
It’s one of the most common causes of lower back pain and pain clinic Denver, but there are many things you may not know about degenerative disc disease. This disease may be diagnosed by a pain management Denver and could be caused due to age.
So what is it? Degenerative disc disease is the change in the spinal discs over time. It can be caused by spinal discs losing fluid and reducing the space between each vertebra. This prevents discs from acting as shock absorbers and makes the disc thinner. This can cause grinding of the bones, which can cause serious pain, however it doesn’t always cause pain.
Degenerative disc disease can also be caused by tiny cracks in the outer layer of the disc. The fluid inside the disc will leak out of the cracks and cause the disc to bulge or rupture.
This disease is common in people who smoke cigarettes, or do a lot of heavy lifting. Overweight people are also known to experience symptoms of degenerative disc disease.
A misconception about degenerative disc disease is that it is a disease. It is not. Degenerative disc disease is really a condition that can produce pain from the damaged discs. Another misconception is that the pain from DDD will get worse over time. This is not necessarily true, as studies show that although degenerative disc disease will get worse over time, the pain might actually get better.
Degenerative disc disease can also cause osteoarthritis, a herniated disc or spinal stenosis. This disease often gets worse over time because discs are unable to repair themselves because of the minimal blood supply to the discs. Degenerative disc disease can also causes other conditions in the spine. These conditions include spinal stenosis, osteoarthritis, and spondylolisthesis.
If a patient has degenerative disc disease, they might experience the following symptoms:
1. Pain that flares up and then returns to lesser pain
2. Chronic pain
3. Less pain while walking or running, than sitting
4. The need to change positions often
5. Numbness or tingling in the buttocks or legs
Often times a Denver pain management doctor will perform an MRI to determine if the patient does have Degenerative Disc Disease. If the tests show disc dehydration, bulges or tears, the patient could be diagnosed with this condition.
Once degenerative disc disease is diagnosed by a Denver pain management doctor, they may recommend specific treatments. These treatments include intradiscal injections, facet blocks, medial branch blocks, radio-frequency ablation and stem cell therapy. These treatments may only alleviate the pain for a short period of time, but could also be successful in treating your condition for a longer period of time.
Denver pain management clinics have been able to treat 75% of patients with degenerative disc disease successfully without surgery. However, everyone’s treatment process is different. The treatment plan recommended by your pain management doctor depends on your condition, age and medical history.
If you are experiencing any symptoms of degenerative disc disease you should visit a Denver pain management clinic.
Business Articles1. One Of The Best Kitchen Equipment Manufacturers
Author: Paul Wright
2. Advantages Of Getting Listed In Online Construction Directory
Author: John Smith
3. How Radiologist Email Lists From Healthcare Mailing Change Your Business Perception?
Author: Richard Braxon
4. Choose Yourself As A Yoga Teacher With The Help Of Adinath Ashram
Author: Jack Stevens
5. Best Service Provider For Life Time Events In Pune
Author: biz porto
6. Crimping Your Own Earrings
Author: Nitesh Pathak
7. An Overview Of Surface And Chemical Analysis
Author: Tan Sean
8. Prorack Roof-racks Install With Smart-foot Technology
Author: Tony Bulic
9. Siib: The Changing Face Of Business Education In India
Author: Mohan Kumar
10. Things To Know About Coworking Spaces
11. Things To Consider Before Opting For A Mailbox Rental
12. Different Types Of Advertisement Print Products
13. Advantages Of Hiring Professionals For Printing
14. Data Cabling Through Wire Mesh Cable Tray
Author: Noah Gabriel
15. Pretreatment And Grit Removal From Sewage Water To Repurpose It
Author: Manoj Shukla