ALL >> Business >> View Article
Textile Industry In India
Total Articles: 545
Textile industry in India is the second largest employment generator in India after agriculture. It provides direct employment to over 35 million people in the country. And its share in the gross domestic product of the country stands at 4%.
Even Harappan people were familiar with textiles –
Textile is not new to India; it was there even four thousand years back. If archeological surveys and studies could be believed, Harappan people were quite familiar with weaving and the spinning of cotton. The ancient scriptures also have mentions about weaving and spinning of the cotton. Merchants in the ancient India would trade cotton for the spices and other valuable objects.
Modern textile industry in India –
Cotton is the major fibre produced in the country for the production of textile products such as modern terry towels and bathrobes. The textile exporters in India would make their products using different varieties of cotton such as organic cotton. For that matter, organic cotton is the most natural cotton that one can get. Other fibres that are produced by companies include silk, wool, man-made fibers, and jute.
India and the rest of the world –
India is the second largest producer of fiber in the world. During 2009-10, the industry was pegged at US$55 billion; in 2010, there were around 2500 textile weaving factories and 4,135 textile finishing factories in the country. These numbers have steadily gone up after 2010.
Towels – an emerging market
Luxury towels, beach towels, organic towels, designer towels, jacquard towels, there is a towel for every place. In the last couple of years, towels have become much more than just a piece in bathroom used for drying the body off. Indian companies have taken their country on the world map by becoming the top notch modern terry towels manufacturers in the world. These companies are pioneering technology and innovation and using them in every aspect of their business to come up with better and newer product range for their domestic and international markets.
The future ahead –
Textile companies in India have been performing brilliantly in the global textile market. They only need to continue with their good work, while innovating their product range to suit the changing needs and taste of their customers. More types of fibers can be produced. More colors and designs can be found. More markets for these products can be discovered. The future, therefore, is going to be exciting.
Textile exporters in India contribute significantly in the earnings that the country gets from its exports – almost 17 per cent. Modern terry towels are amongst the major textile products that are exported to a number of countries in the world. For more on Indian textile industry, visit us regularly.
Business Articles1. Retrofit Height Adjustable Desk
2. Bring In Professional Experts To Rule Out The Adverse Effects Of Fire Damage
Author: Ethan Lewis
3. Mp Breaking News –easily Know The Every Single Movement Happening Around Mp
4. Carbonated Soft Drink
5. Get The High Quality Patio That Will Make You Happy And Satisfied
Author: Carol Belanger
6. Get The Fitted Wardrobe That Will Make You Happiest In Your Room
Author: Kevin Gasser
7. Get The Right Training Room For Your Important Event
Author: Singapore training
8. Learn How To Get A Carport That Suits Your Needs
Author: Adam Greger
9. Contact Professional Company For Best Retaining Walls Adelaide Solutions
10. Choose Banc De Binary Broker For Opening An Account In Binary Options Trading Market
11. Medicos Venezolanos Para Trabajar En Ecuador, Foro Ecuador
12. Taking Care Of Your Floors During The Winter
Author: Barry’s My Carpet Inc. is a family owned and operated establishment. Barry Silverstein has over 38 y
13. Phen375 Vs Phenq Fat Burning Diet Pills Reviews Shocking Comparison Facts
14. Let’s Understand Real Estate Regulations Act [rera]
Author: Aksha Group
15. Various Benefits Of Using Silver Coated Copper Wires For Industrial Applications
Author: Nitin Pratap Singh.