ALL >> Business >> View Article
Textile Industry In India
Total Articles: 533
Textile industry in India is the second largest employment generator in India after agriculture. It provides direct employment to over 35 million people in the country. And its share in the gross domestic product of the country stands at 4%.
Even Harappan people were familiar with textiles –
Textile is not new to India; it was there even four thousand years back. If archeological surveys and studies could be believed, Harappan people were quite familiar with weaving and the spinning of cotton. The ancient scriptures also have mentions about weaving and spinning of the cotton. Merchants in the ancient India would trade cotton for the spices and other valuable objects.
Modern textile industry in India –
Cotton is the major fibre produced in the country for the production of textile products such as modern terry towels and bathrobes. The textile exporters in India would make their products using different varieties of cotton such as organic cotton. For that matter, organic cotton is the most natural cotton that one can get. Other fibres that are produced by companies include silk, wool, man-made fibers, and jute.
India and the rest of the world –
India is the second largest producer of fiber in the world. During 2009-10, the industry was pegged at US$55 billion; in 2010, there were around 2500 textile weaving factories and 4,135 textile finishing factories in the country. These numbers have steadily gone up after 2010.
Towels – an emerging market
Luxury towels, beach towels, organic towels, designer towels, jacquard towels, there is a towel for every place. In the last couple of years, towels have become much more than just a piece in bathroom used for drying the body off. Indian companies have taken their country on the world map by becoming the top notch modern terry towels manufacturers in the world. These companies are pioneering technology and innovation and using them in every aspect of their business to come up with better and newer product range for their domestic and international markets.
The future ahead –
Textile companies in India have been performing brilliantly in the global textile market. They only need to continue with their good work, while innovating their product range to suit the changing needs and taste of their customers. More types of fibers can be produced. More colors and designs can be found. More markets for these products can be discovered. The future, therefore, is going to be exciting.
Textile exporters in India contribute significantly in the earnings that the country gets from its exports – almost 17 per cent. Modern terry towels are amongst the major textile products that are exported to a number of countries in the world. For more on Indian textile industry, visit us regularly.
Business Articles1. Development Of Chinese Magnesium Oxide Enters Acceleration Period
Author: hu Allen
2. Indian Crafts - C Table Dealer
Author: Mukesh Tiwari
3. All You Need To Know About Ppgi Coil
4. How Can Solar Energy Be Used Effectively And How To Install Solar Power At Home?
5. 11 Things That The Receipt Management Software Can Do And Its Growing Acceptability Among Retailers
Author: Caramel POS
6. Tensile Structure For Hotel – Which Is The Best Material For Them?
Author: Tensile Architecture
7. Seo Company In Coimbatore
Author: suvagar suva
8. Opportunities For The Global Vinyl Flooring Market To Reach $16.2 Billion By 2023
9. Rubber Floor Mats Manufacturing
Author: James Matt
10. Choose Reliable Easton Orthodontist Treatment
Author: Exeter Orthodontics
11. Organic Spices And Herbs - Keep Them Fresh
Author: Jason Mckinstry
12. Commercial Steel Buildings Are Best For Business
Author: Arnold Shawn
13. All That May Possibly Be Increasing The Bounce Rate Of Your Business Website!
Author: Surabhi Joshi
14. A Contractor Can Build Homes And Businesses
Author: Arnold Shawn
15. Av Universal- Top Event Management Company In Va Helping You Making Your Events Better