ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Most Commonly Used Homemade Carpet Cleaners
Total Articles: 233
We all get outraged when a dish of spaghetti is toppled over the carpet or a glass of red wine spilled over our rug. We need to handle and clean off these stains immediately. Effective carpet cleaning is essential for maintaining cleanliness and hygiene at home. The carpet at home often gets stamped with shoes and slippers full of dust when you have people walking in. Our kids also play on the same carpet and hence become prone to diseases.
Any homemaker wouldn’t want to see dirty stains on an otherwise pristine carpet. So here are some proper cleaning techniques by which you can remove any kind of stain from your rugs and carpets.
1) When you call a professional carpet cleaning agency, it becomes expensive. So you must first try to blot a liquid stain before it gets penetrated into your carpet pile.
2) If the carpet is made up of natural fibres, it is extremely delicate. Hence you must avoid rubbing the stain into your carpet otherwise it may damage the fibres and there are chances that the stain may spread.
3) Stains of mud are easier to remove when dry. Remember, don’t re-wet the mud! Let it dry and then gently brush up or vacuum up with care.
4) You can make use of certain homemade carpet cleaners. Household products can remove many types of stains for example club soda may help to remove common stains of red wine and coffee.
5) Even rubbing alcohol over the carpet can remove oil, ink or grease stains.
6) A nail polish remover without acetone can remove any nail polish remains on the floor. Rinse the stained area with cold water after removing the stain.
7) You must not use a chlorine bleach to clean your floor since it can cause stains and discolouration. If you have spilt bleach on your carpet, you must clean it quickly to avoid a permanent damage.
8) Use a basic ammonia solution by taking one cup of water and adding two tablespoons of regular household ammonia. This mixture will come handy when you want to remove pet stains, ink, lipstick stains, blood, chocolate marks and beverage spills.
9) You can also use a very mild detergent solution by adding a quarter teaspoon of liquid detergent to a cup filled with warm water. Pour it in the spray bottle and use this spray over the stain. After it dries, vacuum it.
10) The last homemade carpet stain cleaning tip is to use a vinegar based solution. You can mix one cup of vinegar in two cups of water and pour this mixture in a spray bottle. Use it as mentioned above.
Home and Garden Articles1. Electrical Service Upgrade For Safe And Uninterrupted Energy Consumption
Author: Christine Delongte
2. 4 Reasons Why Renovating Your Cottage Is A Good Idea
Author: Christine Delongte
3. Guide To Buying Wooden Wall Clocks For Homes And Offices
Author: Jeremy Kugler
4. Emergency Plumbing Repair Service For Home And Office
Author: Jack Ronald
5. Should I Replace My Entry Door?
Author: Mary Morris
6. Best Range Of Gas Cook Tops
7. Slab Leak Repair In The Easiest And Most Efficient Way
8. Top Reasons To Opt For Professional Window Glass Replacement In Chicago
Author: Russell Rabin
9. Pool Remodeling- Getting A New And Wonderful Pool For Your Home In Charleston
Author: David Smith
10. Everything You Should Know About Services In End Of Lease Cleaning
Author: Karanveer Rawat
11. Steps To Take Before You Buy A Mowing Franchise: Businesses For Sale
Author: Phil Maunder
12. Classic Design Of Venetian Blinds Giving Flexible Control Of Light And Privacy
Author: Joseph Zammit
13. The Biggest Home Furnishing Trends Of 2017 That Will Rule Your Home
Author: Nupur Tiwari
14. Architecture Design Ideas That Influence Modern Lifestyles
Author: Saloni Sharma
15. Waterproofing Of Timber Structures
Author: Matthew Lavitov