ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Most Commonly Used Homemade Carpet Cleaners
Total Articles: 233
We all get outraged when a dish of spaghetti is toppled over the carpet or a glass of red wine spilled over our rug. We need to handle and clean off these stains immediately. Effective carpet cleaning is essential for maintaining cleanliness and hygiene at home. The carpet at home often gets stamped with shoes and slippers full of dust when you have people walking in. Our kids also play on the same carpet and hence become prone to diseases.
Any homemaker wouldn’t want to see dirty stains on an otherwise pristine carpet. So here are some proper cleaning techniques by which you can remove any kind of stain from your rugs and carpets.
1) When you call a professional carpet cleaning agency, it becomes expensive. So you must first try to blot a liquid stain before it gets penetrated into your carpet pile.
2) If the carpet is made up of natural fibres, it is extremely delicate. Hence you must avoid rubbing the stain into your carpet otherwise it may damage the fibres and there are chances that the stain may spread.
3) Stains of mud are easier to remove when dry. Remember, don’t re-wet the mud! Let it dry and then gently brush up or vacuum up with care.
4) You can make use of certain homemade carpet cleaners. Household products can remove many types of stains for example club soda may help to remove common stains of red wine and coffee.
5) Even rubbing alcohol over the carpet can remove oil, ink or grease stains.
6) A nail polish remover without acetone can remove any nail polish remains on the floor. Rinse the stained area with cold water after removing the stain.
7) You must not use a chlorine bleach to clean your floor since it can cause stains and discolouration. If you have spilt bleach on your carpet, you must clean it quickly to avoid a permanent damage.
8) Use a basic ammonia solution by taking one cup of water and adding two tablespoons of regular household ammonia. This mixture will come handy when you want to remove pet stains, ink, lipstick stains, blood, chocolate marks and beverage spills.
9) You can also use a very mild detergent solution by adding a quarter teaspoon of liquid detergent to a cup filled with warm water. Pour it in the spray bottle and use this spray over the stain. After it dries, vacuum it.
10) The last homemade carpet stain cleaning tip is to use a vinegar based solution. You can mix one cup of vinegar in two cups of water and pour this mixture in a spray bottle. Use it as mentioned above.
Home and Garden Articles1. Are You Looking For Reliable Quartz Suppliers In Texas?
2. Chimneys That Save Lives. Go For The Best Chimneys In India.
Author: Brijesh Kumar
3. Here’s Some Gardening Advice On Planting Sweet Potato This Spring
Author: Paul Gooderham
4. 5 Reasons That Will Explain The Importance Of Roof Cleaning
Author: Mike Aurtho
5. Breathe Right And Breathe Fresh Air With Us!
Author: Robert Smith
6. How Misting Fans Can Help You To Beat The Summer Heat
Author: Jessie Cooper
7. Dallas Locksmith Services - How Do You Identify Damaged Locks?
Author: Israel Barda
8. Undoubted Benefits Of Hiring A Luxury Portable Toilet Service
Author: Alaric Atkinson
9. Benefits Of Using The Event Toilets
Author: Alaric Atkinson
10. How To Maximise Commercial Returns From Home Renovating
Author: Reliable Home Contractors
11. Metro West Apartments For Rent Have Never Been So Easy To Find
Author: Sue Thornton
12. Apartments For Rent Around Worcester
Author: John Robert
13. Stay Clear, If You Want The Rains And Debris To Not Damage Your Property
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
14. Keep Your Motorcycle Safe And Secure Under A Proper Shed
Author: Michael Gilmore
15. What To Keep In Mind While Buying Table Online
Author: Iti Sharma