ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Most Commonly Used Homemade Carpet Cleaners
Total Articles: 233
We all get outraged when a dish of spaghetti is toppled over the carpet or a glass of red wine spilled over our rug. We need to handle and clean off these stains immediately. Effective carpet cleaning is essential for maintaining cleanliness and hygiene at home. The carpet at home often gets stamped with shoes and slippers full of dust when you have people walking in. Our kids also play on the same carpet and hence become prone to diseases.
Any homemaker wouldn’t want to see dirty stains on an otherwise pristine carpet. So here are some proper cleaning techniques by which you can remove any kind of stain from your rugs and carpets.
1) When you call a professional carpet cleaning agency, it becomes expensive. So you must first try to blot a liquid stain before it gets penetrated into your carpet pile.
2) If the carpet is made up of natural fibres, it is extremely delicate. Hence you must avoid rubbing the stain into your carpet otherwise it may damage the fibres and there are chances that the stain may spread.
3) Stains of mud are easier to remove when dry. Remember, don’t re-wet the mud! Let it dry and then gently brush up or vacuum up with care.
4) You can make use of certain homemade carpet cleaners. Household products can remove many types of stains for example club soda may help to remove common stains of red wine and coffee.
5) Even rubbing alcohol over the carpet can remove oil, ink or grease stains.
6) A nail polish remover without acetone can remove any nail polish remains on the floor. Rinse the stained area with cold water after removing the stain.
7) You must not use a chlorine bleach to clean your floor since it can cause stains and discolouration. If you have spilt bleach on your carpet, you must clean it quickly to avoid a permanent damage.
8) Use a basic ammonia solution by taking one cup of water and adding two tablespoons of regular household ammonia. This mixture will come handy when you want to remove pet stains, ink, lipstick stains, blood, chocolate marks and beverage spills.
9) You can also use a very mild detergent solution by adding a quarter teaspoon of liquid detergent to a cup filled with warm water. Pour it in the spray bottle and use this spray over the stain. After it dries, vacuum it.
10) The last homemade carpet stain cleaning tip is to use a vinegar based solution. You can mix one cup of vinegar in two cups of water and pour this mixture in a spray bottle. Use it as mentioned above.
Home and Garden Articles1. Change Your Interior Decor With Lal Haveli Handicraft Products In 2017
Author: Lal Haveli
2. Bond Cleaning Perth Ensures Full Bond Amount Return
3. Asbestos Is Harmful To Our Environment
Author: Anu Walia
4. 10 Tips: Grow Your Business With Qualified Contractor Leads
5. Effective Lawn Mowing Tips To Make Your Lawn Thrive & Green!!
Author: Tony Bulic
6. Aluminium Fencing: A Great Privacy Option
Author: Tony Bulic
7. Creating Pathways In The Fairy Garden
Author: Lauren Kyes
8. Some Tips Regarding Exterior Painting In Miami
Author: Kevin Roberts
9. The Innovative Tips And Ideas For Purchasing Classic Office Furniture Online
Author: Kim Thompson
10. How To Win Clients And Influence Markets With Local Builders In Port Lincoln
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
11. How To Choose Led Grow Lights
Author: Franklin David
12. Six Gorgeous Combination Of Flowers And Vase
13. How Do You Handle Daily Chores?
Author: Chris Roger
14. Home Interior Design Bangalore Team Can Make Your Dream Come True For A Beautiful Home
15. Ways To Make Your Home Look Spacious