ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Most Commonly Used Homemade Carpet Cleaners
Total Articles: 233
We all get outraged when a dish of spaghetti is toppled over the carpet or a glass of red wine spilled over our rug. We need to handle and clean off these stains immediately. Effective carpet cleaning is essential for maintaining cleanliness and hygiene at home. The carpet at home often gets stamped with shoes and slippers full of dust when you have people walking in. Our kids also play on the same carpet and hence become prone to diseases.
Any homemaker wouldn’t want to see dirty stains on an otherwise pristine carpet. So here are some proper cleaning techniques by which you can remove any kind of stain from your rugs and carpets.
1) When you call a professional carpet cleaning agency, it becomes expensive. So you must first try to blot a liquid stain before it gets penetrated into your carpet pile.
2) If the carpet is made up of natural fibres, it is extremely delicate. Hence you must avoid rubbing the stain into your carpet otherwise it may damage the fibres and there are chances that the stain may spread.
3) Stains of mud are easier to remove when dry. Remember, don’t re-wet the mud! Let it dry and then gently brush up or vacuum up with care.
4) You can make use of certain homemade carpet cleaners. Household products can remove many types of stains for example club soda may help to remove common stains of red wine and coffee.
5) Even rubbing alcohol over the carpet can remove oil, ink or grease stains.
6) A nail polish remover without acetone can remove any nail polish remains on the floor. Rinse the stained area with cold water after removing the stain.
7) You must not use a chlorine bleach to clean your floor since it can cause stains and discolouration. If you have spilt bleach on your carpet, you must clean it quickly to avoid a permanent damage.
8) Use a basic ammonia solution by taking one cup of water and adding two tablespoons of regular household ammonia. This mixture will come handy when you want to remove pet stains, ink, lipstick stains, blood, chocolate marks and beverage spills.
9) You can also use a very mild detergent solution by adding a quarter teaspoon of liquid detergent to a cup filled with warm water. Pour it in the spray bottle and use this spray over the stain. After it dries, vacuum it.
10) The last homemade carpet stain cleaning tip is to use a vinegar based solution. You can mix one cup of vinegar in two cups of water and pour this mixture in a spray bottle. Use it as mentioned above.
Home and Garden Articles1. How To Rid Your Front Loading Washing Machine Of Mold
Author: Daniel Royale
2. Affordable And Reliable Plumbing Services In California
Author: Jack Ronald
3. Avoiding Glass Balustrade Breakages- Tips By Glass Balustrading Sydney
Author: John Carlos
4. Contact Bond Cleaning Perth For Professional Cleaning Services
5. Little Tricks To Achieve The Best Results In Domestic Cleaning Services
Author: Louis Gibbs
6. End Of Lease Cleaners Melbourne Guarantee Full Bond Amount Return For The Tenants
7. Reasons Why You Should Rely On New Home Builders Of Port Lincoln
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
8. Importance Of Plumbing Services For A Hassle Free Living
Author: Kelly M. Russum
9. How To Maintain Kitchen Mixer?
Author: Andrew Howard
10. Finding Unique Storage Thoughts For Your Kitchen Cabinets
Author: Robert J. Lewis
11. Design Ideas For Aging In place
Author: Mary Morris
12. Use Lb-3000 Compact Bowl Scale To Measure The Weight With Utmost Precision
Author: Nug Brand
13. Benefits Of Hiring Professional Painting Contractors For Exterior Painting
Author: Anu Radha
14. Walk-in Bathtubs: A Great Safe & Accessible Solution
15. 4 Regular House Maintenance Tips From Expert
Author: Nicholas Kashiwagi