ALL >> Home-Based-Business >> View Article
Consider Going With A Green Roof
Total Articles: 9
It seems like everywhere you turn there are green options for things. There are many great reasons to go green. With energy costs always on the rise and tax breaks for going green, it makes sense to consider a solar roof or other green option.
But you do not want to part with too much of your company’s hard earned greenbacks without knowing what you are paying for. Here are some important considerations when it comes to greening your business through solar or green roofing.
First, determine whether you can actually benefit from this. Does your roof have access to direct sunlight during peak sun hours? Just because you live in a warm climate does not mean you can automatically harness solar power.
Can your business not only afford to add the panels, but to run the system for a few years until you begin to reap the budgetary rewards? This may not be the best idea for a start-up trying to break into the field. Are you prepared to pay for maintenance to the solar panels, such as cleaning?
Cleaning is an important part of regular maintenance and efficiency. The cleaner the glass, the more you are able to make use of your solar panels. How often should you clean? People who live in dusty areas – like all of us – should do more maintenance that those who live elsewhere. You don’t want just anyone up on your new roof trying to clean. A damaged solar panel can be costly to replace. If you aren’t sure about the answers, then it’s time to call in an expert.
Consult an expert to help walk you through all the “hidden” costs, including what incentives are actually available to you for going green. These costs are not really hidden, of course, but to someone who has no idea what they have just taken on, surprising costs can really eat up the savings you had expected to bank.
For instance, having a support system that is strong enough to hold the panels in place is critical. If your existing roof support cannot do that, then you will need to pay to put this structure in place. Another good example is the inability to foresee upgrading. As your business grows, do you have the capacity to enlarge the roof and add more panels? Or will your roof ultimately limit your expansion?
It is important to know what you’re entitled to from the government, but also what your business can support and the kind of solar panel system it needs. Some of these answers come from within your business, but your roofing contractor should be a member of this team as well. Consulting with your local expert roofing contractors about your green or solar options will enable you to get a customized idea of what your business can truly support – and just how much green you may be able to pocket!
Article Source: DMS Roofing
Home Based Business Articles1. The Importance Of Ladder Dock In Providing Safety To Workers
2. How To Choose The Right House Painting Services
3. Approved Certified Translation Services
Author: SEO Team
4. Why Should You Hire A Professional Commercial Cleaning Service?
Author: Rudy Szanto
5. Water Filters Are The Best Way To Harness The Water Spice Of Life
Author: Alan Scott
6. Accommodation In Cape Town Allows Travelers To Take Charm Of Stunning Outside Views!
Author: John Gomez
7. An Essential Tips For Restoring Your Terrazzo Floors
8. Choose Uniquely Yours Shed Awnings And Canopy Manufacturer In Kolkata
Author: Kanchan Das
9. Find Your Holiday Accommodation Cape Town At The Most Exclusive Place!
Author: John Gomez
10. Super Quality Shed Awnings And Canopy Manufacturer In Kolkata
Author: Kanchan Das
11. Sixexpensive Things That Could Be Wrong With Your New Home
12. Videocon Wallcam Unveils Mobile Vehicle Surveillance Solution
Author: Videocon WallCam
13. A Brief Note On The Best Way To Make Insect Screens
Author: Jaxon Berry
15. Tips For Hiring The Right Floor Screeding Contractor
Author: Mark Seekings