ALL >> Health >> View Article
Different Methods Of Abortion Today
Total Articles: 73
Becoming pregnant is one of the most wonderful and happiest moments in any woman's life and gives her the joy of motherhood. However, not all women are able to conceive as many a times, due to unavoidable factors, a woman may have to undergo an abortion which may lead to the removal of the fetus or even expulsion of the same resulting in the termination of her pregnancy. Here is a look at the different methods of abortion used and advised by medical professionals today.
Methods of Abortion
There are mainly two methods by which an abortion can take place. Both of these methods are quite safe in nature. However, the choice of the method also depends on a few factors like the age of the fetus, health conditions of the mother and also the complexities involved.
· Abortion with pills - One of the common and safe methods to go for an induced abortion is by the consumption of pills which expels the fetus from the uterus. Such an abortion is mainly used for those women who have had an unintended pregnancy and do not wish to have a baby. However, such an abortion can only be conducted before the woman reaches her 12th week of pregnancy. In this case, abortion pills are prescribed to the woman, resulting in the abortion at home only. Such a method of abortion has a success rate of around 90 percent. Some of the commonly used medications for such a procedure are Mifepristone and Misoprostol.
· Surgical procedure - In the surgical procedure, the woman who is getting the abortion done is admitted into the hospital and a minor surgery is performed on her. During such a surgery, the fetus is removed from the uterus by using suction-aspiration method if the pregnancy is less than 15 weeks old. The fetus and placenta are sucked out with the help of a manual syringe in this process. If the pregnancy is in between the 15th to 26th week, then techniques named as 'dilation' and 'evacuation' are used. Here, the uterus's cervix is opened and emptied out with the help of surgical instruments.
Do keep in mind...
Whatever be the method, it is always advisable to perform the abortion under the guidance of a medical practitioner like a doctor or gynecologist to ensure that no harm is caused to the mother during the abortion and it is safely carried out.
Are you looking for medical abortion ?
Health Articles1. Itchy Manhood? Use Shea Butter And Vitamin E
Author: John Dugan
2. Porcelain Veneers: What Are They And Why You Might Need Them
3. Dental Professionals – Do You Need To Have A Trusting Relationship
4. Why You Will Need Emergency Dental Care
5. Things To Remember When Choosing The Best Dental Professional For Your Loved Ones
6. The Things To Reflect On Before Selecting A Dental Professional That Can Meet All Your Requirements
7. Don't Fear The Dentist - Beating Your Dental Stress
8. Indications Of A Bad Dentist
9. Best Tips To Choosing A Family Dental Expert
10. Regular Dental Cleaning - Why It Is Necessary
11. Top Five Reasons To Truly Have Periodic Dental Cleaning Done
12. Get Emergency Medical Support By Panchmukhi Air Ambulance Service In Mumbai
Author: Dr Mukesh Kumar
13. Why You May Consider Dental Dentures
14. Great Guidance For Denture Users
15. Teeth Extraction And Why It Is Important