ALL >> Family >> View Article
Got Stained Water Fixtures? Test Your Water
Total Articles: 4
Life for most people is a very (very) busy place. There are so many things pulling you in different directions, work, school, the kids, older family members, or perhaps it is something else entirely, that seems move people at a breakneck pace each day. This pace leaves little time in life for those little things, like scrubbing the fixtures in your bathroom or kitchen. Unfortunately, it also is an all-too-common practice.
As you walk down the cleaning aisle at your local mega store, you are even going to many products made just for that purpose. Before you pile more of them into your cart, though, you may want to consider a water test if your cleaning routine involves any of the following:
- Blue-Green Stains: Those aren’t the leftovers from your toddler’s latest finger painting experience. Instead, they’re a sign that you have high copper levels in your water. These are usually found when copper or brass plumbing starts corroding and leaking into your water supply. You may also notice that your water tastes a bit metallic at times.
- Dull Spots on Everything: This is the most commonly noticed sign of hard water, but it often comes with other signs you may not notice like a shortened life expectancy for those appliances that use your water. It can clog them up with unnecessary minerals, leaving you to foot the bill.
- Rust Stains: If you live somewhere there’s a high level of iron or manganese, you may have experienced these stains on almost all of your basins. They’re some of the hardest ones to get rid of them, and in many cases, it proves impossible to dump. The only real cleaning solution is sometimes an entirely new sink or tub.
- Lime Scale: Calcium and magnesium are in many water supplies, but if you’re scrubbing that scaly stuff off of everything, they may be a bit too present in your water supply. Like those dull spots, this scale is a good sign that your water is too hard, and if it builds up on the outside of your fixtures, just imagine what it’s doing to the inside of everything!
If you find yourself regularly investing in cleaning products just to counteract the effects of your home’s water supply, it is certainly time to have a water analysis done. Sure there are a variety of different kits on the store shelves of almost every DIY store in the country, but your best bet is to leave this to the professionals. They will not only be able to tell you exactly what is in your water that’s causing you so many problems, but also whether the best water softener options or the best whole house filtration systems can help solve the issue for you, leaving you with less cleaning to do every day.
Article Source: FreeSoftWater.com
Family Articles1. Shopping For Your Kitty? Avoid These Mistakes
Author: Emma B
2. Top 10 - Family Friendly Holidays In Slovenia
Author: Jacob Barry
3. Find Best Autism Respite Care Providers Online
4. The Home Care Sunshine Coast Agency Offer Best Services For The Elderly Support
5. Professional Nanny Jobs Abroad
6. I Need A Live In Nanny
7. Where To Find Nanny Jobs
8. Nanny Full Time Jobs
9. Looking For A Live In Nanny
10. Step-by-step Successful Suggestions When Thinking Of Baby Items
Author: Bob Smith
11. Best Respite Child Care Jobs Online
12. Aged Care Sunshine Coast Is Your One Stop Shop For Elderly Home Care Services
13. Essential Aspects When Finding Baby Gears
Author: Bob Smith
14. Top 5 List Of Hottest Baby Shower Themes Of 2017
Author: Eric Mortensen
15. For A Smooth Move Group Efforts Made
Author: Paul Wright